PS3 Slim Confirmed - USD 299

teky

PS3 slim has been announced in Gamescom, Germany. 33% lighter with 120 GB hard disc. To be released on September 1st retailing at USD 299:clapping:

so does it bitstream HD audio is it:

says
Audio output: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.

Thankfully i am selling of my old ps3 this month. :yahoo:

But then again the build quality makes it look cheap.

Can this bitstream the hd audio formats ?

No support for linux on the ps3 slim thats a deal breaker for many of us geeks ;lol

PS3 price drops to Rs 19,990 in India

Sony Computer Entertainment India has revealed that the PlayStation 3 will receive an immediate 20% price drop in India. The PS3, currently priced at Rs 24,990, will drop to Rs 19,990 as early as this evening, and will come bundled with two games Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.

The slim PS3 would take time to come to India, and may not even make it here in September, as Europe and America get priority when it comes to shipments. We were also told that when the slim PS3 does come to India, it would most probably be priced at Rs 19,990, but may not carry any free games.

Can this bitstream the hd audio formats ?

No support for linux on the ps3 slim thats a deal breaker for many of us geeks ;lol

No it can't yet and highly doubt it will in the future.

Linux - geeks - Oh yes, But I think most people didn't bother after installing it

No it can't yet and highly doubt it will in the future.

Linux - geeks - Oh yes, But I think most people didn't bother after installing it

either the marketing guys git it wrong or deliberately the sony guys are mis leading us - the article posted has ref to 7.1 LPCM separately as well as DTS HD/Trye HD etc

I am actually looking to get rid of my 60GB ps3 (with backward compatibility for ps2). I might be going to US next month, and will buy a slim ps3. Anyone interested in 60GB PS3 ?

Regards
Manumani

60gb one doesn't have the feedback remotes I guess? Which are there in 80gb? Not sure though.

I am actually looking to get rid of my 60GB ps3 (with backward compatibility for ps2). I might be going to US next month, and will buy a slim ps3. Anyone interested in 60GB PS3 ?

Regards
Manumani

either the marketing guys git it wrong or deliberately the sony guys are mis leading us - the article posted has ref to 7.1 LPCM separately as well as DTS HD/Trye HD etc

If you read the fat PS3 spec's it states the same, in my understanding Bitstreaming needs a hardware component which is missing and hence won't be added via a firmware update.

60gb one doesn't have the feedback remotes I guess? Which are there in 80gb? Not sure though.

No. the original remote did not have force feedback. But u can buy one off the market. Works with the original ps3 as well

Regards
Manish

Regards
Manumani

I am. YGPM. 60GB PAL or NTSC?

ok - then I will buy the original brand new ps3 tomorrow for 19,990 :licklips:
Glad I didn't last month :)

Anant don't buy a Ps3 for watching blu ray movies (its region locked and also its not hackable)but if you are into gaming then you are more then welcome. Read your second thread and I think that your wife is intellegent.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back