PSB Alpha s10 vs BIC PL-200ii vs Monitor Audio MRW10 purely for music. Help!

Guys I have a noob question -
I have tested my dali spektor 2 speakers with both Quad Vena integrated amp which has a pre out for connecting the psb alpha s10 subwoofer (sub still in transit btw) and a cheap fx audio m160e class D amp which has no sub out. To my surprise, the dalis sounded better with the fx audio amp with both inbuilt DAC and topping d10s DAC. Since the fx audio m160e does not have a sub out, what option do I have to connect the dalis with the fx audio amp along with the psb subwoofer (sub has no speaker level input, only low level connection)? Will getting a preamplifier solve my problem?

I currently got hold of this tube pre amp, this doesn't have a sub output. What are you looking to achieve with this pre amp?

I currently got hold of this tube pre amp, this doesn't have a sub output. What are you looking to achieve with this pre amp?
My bad, I thought it had a sub out, what I am hoping to achieve is to connect a subwoofer (psb alpha s10) to fx audio m160e amp using an external device if at all possible? If it is not possible, I suppose I will have to settle it with quad vena amp to connect my subwoofer.

What you can do is connect the Tube Pre Amp to the AUX in's on the Quad Vena, and feed the Tube Pre amp with your DAC's.
This way you can use the sub too.
My bad, I thought it had a sub out, what I am hoping to achieve is to connect a subwoofer (psb alpha s10) to fx audio m160e amp using an external device if at all possible? If it is not possible, I suppose I will have to settle it with quad vena amp to connect my subwoofer.

I am willing to let go of my psb alpha s10 subwoofer as I have sold all my passive setups and planning to move to active speakers. In case if anyone is interested kindly DM. Will let it go for dirt cheap price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back