Purchased Audiotechnica M35 from RajMusicals Online :sos:

dinesh1201

PURCHASED NEW, HAVE I GOT REFURBISHED?? AT-M35 HEADPHONE from RajMusicals

Hi folks,

I hope you all doing awesome!
Please read my thread as I think I'll need a help from all of you very soon.

I was searching for a decent headphone, with all the praise and great reviews I purchased Audiotechina M35 online from Raj Musicals on 11-OCT-2013.

However the delivery was quick via overnite courier. Before buying I confirmed on the phone about the availability of the M35, they said yes. It was 4800/- plus 150 shipping.
I ordered one for me. This is the first most expensive headphone I ever purchased in my life after using Philips and Sony. When I received the packet it was packed in the wooden cardboard box, packing was good. When I opened the box the blister pack had top seal broken, the price tag/sr.number tag was scratched, the blister pack was dented and torn, Headphone headband has dust over it (they said this is normal and not dust, I'm shocked!!)

I wasn't satisfied with the condition of the product I received from the day one, I called them and they told me after listening all my points..Dinesh this is normal and that wasn't dust but all the products have this thing inside, dented because of importing.told me that M-35 is a brand new, they convinced me.

Despite of all the facts I made my mind and started using it.

PS: sound quality is super.

Today morning I thought of cleaning it and shocked with a two little breaks on the inner side of both ear-cups. I spoke them and they told me for sending the images of the headphone's condition. I sent them an email and was told to wait a day because they will forward the email to the company.

I'm scared what will going to happen..I requested them to replace the headphone with a REAL new one.

I'll be post updates here so please be with me friends.

You can see what I mean in the attached images I took this morning.

Best Regards
Dinesh

Last edited:
Any thoughts on this please..I would really appreciate guys. please spare a minute from your precious time for me .

If there is doubt and looking at pictures,they should replace these one.

Hey spirovious, thank you so much for reading my post as I've been waiting for you folks to come and enlighten me on this.
Just received an email from Mr. Sanjeev from RajMusicals and they assured me to replace it with a new one. Told me to send my item back to them.

Thanks again

Congrats,
so new one should be soon on the way.I have M50 which are very balanced and musical headphones.So M35 should sound close to them.

Congrats,
so new one should be soon on the way.I have M50 which are very balanced and musical headphones.So M35 should sound close to them.

Thanks :) , yes I read a lot reviews of both of them I went for M35 just because the price point, M50s are super but the price I can't pay. Also should I exchange them for Sennheiser HD 380 pro?, yes i have to pay them 5k more for them.
Any comments on this bud!

Thanks

AT headphones are very good for price.Sennheiser HD need audition.Some of high series need headphone amp.

Do keep it posted here how the replacement process goes. Lets hope their after sales service is up to the mark, I sound a little sceptic because with a lot of Indian online retailers this is a serious issue. I personally have never heard of Raj musicals, and if you come out of this as a satisfied customer then they may gain one in me.
So keep us updated.

Do keep it posted here how the replacement process goes. Lets hope their after sales service is up to the mark, I sound a little sceptic because with a lot of Indian online retailers this is a serious issue. I personally have never heard of Raj musicals, and if you come out of this as a satisfied customer then they may gain one in me.
So keep us updated.

Sure I will post updates here. I'm going to dispatch the headphone by tomorrow itself. But why they did so or how this happened at their end is still questionable. Hope will get a real new piece now. Let see...

Thank you

So keep us updated.

Hi shibashis,

UPDATE: I dispatched the headphone today via FedEx to Rajmusicals, they told me it will take a week or more to get new stock. The one they sent me was the last piece in their stock. :(

Hi shibashis,

UPDATE: I dispatched the headphone today via FedEx to Rajmusicals, they told me it will take a week or more to get new stock. The one they sent me was the last piece in their stock. :(

Hi, hope you doing well. I just confirmed with rajmusicals today they received the m35 today via fedex. They told me they already ordered from the distributor and I will get in 3 days, im in doubt now if they really ordered?

I got an email from audio technica singapore as I told the whole story to them, now an AT india distributor emailed me regarding the issue and ready to intervene. They will call me tomorrow.

Your view on this appreciated.

Thanks

Possibly a used piece. Good that the replacement process is going through.

I had got AD700 from Pristine Note via eBay last year.

Possibly a used piece. Good that the replacement process is going through.

I had got AD700 from Pristine Note via eBay last year.

Yes m sure that M35 definitely a used piece but the people at Rajmusical.com not ready to accept the fact that it was a used and refurbished.
Let see what Mr Sumit AT person from India will tell me tomorrow.

I asked pristine note b4 buying from rajmusical bt they had no stock of m35 and m50.

How's ur AD700 sounds? It's a bit expensive though.7k something.
Does is fit well on the head? Sweat on earpads, detachable cable etc?

I will update the issue here.
Thanks for your input on this echo77

As long as you get a replacement it will be alright. Most of are apprehensive of online purchases precisely because of this reason. If something goes wrong then you can not visit the place and heckle the shopkeeper if needed. After sales service is a huge issue in India so far, unlikely to change anytime soon.

Yes m sure that M35 definitely a used piece but the people at Rajmusical.com not ready to accept the fact that it was a used and refurbished.
Let see what Mr Sumit AT person from India will tell me tomorrow.

I asked pristine note b4 buying from rajmusical bt they had no stock of m35 and m50.

How's ur AD700 sounds? It's a bit expensive though.7k something.
Does is fit well on the head? Sweat on earpads, detachable cable etc?

I will update the issue here.
Thanks for your input on this echo77

Sound is very clear. Hearing it for the first time is a big revelation. Now I can't stand most lower end HPs. The M series are supposed to be better for bass, but will not have the soundstage of the AD700.

Very comfortable to wear, but it is for big heads, so it fits me perfectly ;). It will be loose for smaller heads. I have worn it for long without having any sweat issue. Cable cannot be detached - that is a bit inconvenient when listening while working. I have it coiled with a wire tie right now.

I picked it off ebay with a discount and a 6 month emi at the time. Slightly over 1k/month. Prices went up soon afterward as the Rupee started falling.

Today I received an email from Mr Sumit from AT India and I called Raj Musicals then about any updates they have regarding my M35 issue, happy to hear they got in stock I don't know how many, but they are going to dispatch new M35 to me this evening..I re-confirmed them please be ensure to send a fresh new piece this time :) , don't worry they said.

I'm not happy until I get the phone in my hand and will see them by my eyes, listen to them etc.

Thank you so much for following my issue here buddies..I'll update everyone of you here as I'll received them with some nice pics of them.

Take care

Sound is very clear. Hearing it for the first time is a big revelation. Now I can't stand most lower end HPs. The M series are supposed to be better for bass, but will not have the soundstage of the AD700.

Very comfortable to wear, but it is for big heads, so it fits me perfectly ;). It will be loose for smaller heads. I have worn it for long without having any sweat issue. Cable cannot be detached - that is a bit inconvenient when listening while working. I have it coiled with a wire tie right now.

I picked it off ebay with a discount and a 6 month emi at the time. Slightly over 1k/month. Prices went up soon afterward as the Rupee started falling.

good to hear they serving well to you..i can see the same in your display avatar :eek:hyeah:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back