Purchased new home theater finally

vinodsapsd

It was my childhood dream to buy a home theater system with solid sound for movies as well as music. I did extensive research on most of the speaker system present in Indian market. Read almost all user reviews across various sites be it indian or international. Sometimes too much information paralyse your thought process. I was in similar condition. Finally, I zeroed on Polk Audio since most reviews compared every speaker system in the category ( Polk Audio, Bostan Acoustics, Yamaha, JBL) and it always came on top.

The day finally came and i decided to buy my system. I was driving from Gurgaon to Delhi and suddenly found a new HIFI gallery the SOUND LOUNGE on my left. I thouht to see what this guy has. I was surprised by the set up Mr. Pradeep has. Mr. Pradeep appraoched me like a good doctor approached to his patient. He was a consultant first than a sales person. He tried to find out my requirement and suggested various options with cons and pros. He infact inspected my house to see the open area for better suggestions. Finally, he suggested Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE Series. I heard it and i FELL for it. I am not an expert on sound but i liked what i heard. Forget about Polk Audio or Bostan Acoustics.
I tried all other speaketr systems in the store and none of them felt satisfying at all. I even tried the Precision series which sounds almost similar to SE series. i was looking for something economical (in the budget of a salaried guy), good looking (for friends appreciation) and semi professional. And it was here. Tannoy, what a wonderful sound.

Since my budget was less, Mr. Pradeep offered me the option to buy the system in 2 installments. I agreed and deposited money with him. I was as happy as a kid. Mr. Pradeep asked his team to instal the system in my house. The work was done with precision and quality. He gifted me 600GB Blue Ray content to watch on the new setup.

Finally, i am a proud owner of Samsung 64 inch F8500 Plasma, Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE Series and Denon 2313. System is connected with Norstone CL 250 classic cable. I am enjoying it. Thanks Pradeep.

Regards
Vinod Kumar

One more thing....organized sector speakers are always better than unorganized. Organized means company has a pesence in that country/region for service and repairs if required.

Congrats Vinod...It would be helpful if you could provide cost breakup for your set up. Also a review with pics if possible.

Vinay

I would love to provide the breakup and pictures. I am in Australia at the moment and can upload pics taken from mobile only.
My initial budget was around 1 to 1.10 lakh but after seeing and listening tannoy i end up paying around 1.52 (with tax) for speaker set including Tannoy Revolution DC6 (bookself), tannoy revolution dc6t SE (frontspeakers) and Revolution DC4 LCR. It was the lowest price in NCR (before $ appreciation).
Paid 1.87 lakh for samsung 64 F8500 plasma TV. Purchased Denon 2313 from Dubai in just 37000. Paid 8000 for Norstone CL250 cable (Made in france) pure OFC.
Its now a semi professional setup with good sound. My TV has good microprocessor and can stream/play movies from External HDD/laptop without Extremer.
I haven't purchased any subwoofer yet as has to travel to Australia on a project. Planning to buy SVS subwoofer.

1 more thing, i dont have a DVD/Blue ray player as i download movies from internet and play them directly. Have my own collection of hollywood, bollywood movies and songs in 1080 or 1920 format. My kids are too happy to watch Avengars or Thor. The best thing about plasma is the look and feel of watching old hindi movies.

Congratts ...PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS ...:D :D :D, And where do u live in delhi can I come at your place for an audition ..:) ??

Hi Sam9s...i live in sector 56 Gurgaon. You are most welcome for demo but at moment i am out of India. Will update you once i will in my home.

congrats................how do you like the F8500? what price did you finally get it for? Any reviews???

F8500 is really ahead of its counterparts. Good picture quality guarenteed even in a sunny room. Faster processor removed need of extreamer. I got it in 1.87 from Delhi. As a user i am happy with it. It has only one demrit and that in remot control. Its abattery guzzler. Hand and voice controls are fantastic. 3D works excellant.....many of my relatives just visite dme for 3D demo.

Hello,

Can you share the address & contact details of SOUND LOUNGE/Mr.Pradeep.
After you recommendations I was thinking of visiting them, as I will be buying a HT setup soon.

Thanks

Hi vinodsapsd,
Can you share the contact no of Mr Pradeep as I am interested in the fronts and would like to know the price

Back