Purchased Sony x9000H , what to check on delivery

I went to the store to test how different TV handles external HDD and to my surprise Sony A80J OLED couldn't detect my HDD. Store guy told sometimes Sony can't detect HDDs, is it true? Rest all TV could detect my bdrips and remuxes. Lg couldn't play audio for dts content.
Model of hdd:Seagate 2tb SRD000F1
My Sony X9000h detects my old WD 1TB drive and a newer Seagate 2TB one without any issues, and also recognized USB drives too without issues. I've played 4K movies from them without any glitches using VLC player.

Only issue with apps with TV will be that Denon will receive audio over ARC therefore only compressed audio will be received .
To be clear, the OTT apps you use will primarily deliver audio in a compressed format so this isn't going to change with an external device such as Apple TV or a Shield. Amazon Prime maybe the exception. You will gain some video performance. Again, don't approach this as a means to find fault. If everything is working okay and to your satisfaction, leave it as it is. You've had the TV for a couple of weeks. Spend a few months, make a note of your Likes, Dislikes and then approach the problem step by step.

You need to remember that an upgrade here and there might eventually lead to something else along the chain that is more important to upgrade. This takes time to learn and understand.

To be clear, the OTT apps you use will primarily deliver audio in a compressed format so this isn't going to change with an external device such as Apple TV or a Shield. Amazon Prime maybe the exception. You will gain some video performance. Again, don't approach this as a means to find fault. If everything is working okay and to your satisfaction, leave it as it is. You've had the TV for a couple of weeks. Spend a few months, make a note of your Likes, Dislikes and then approach the problem step by step.

You need to remember that an upgrade here and there might eventually lead to something else along the chain that is more important to upgrade. This takes time to learn and understand.
Based on everyone's advice I will be using the TV for some time and then will decide on external streamer.
Thank you everyone.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back