• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Purely hifi Music system....for Entry Levels...

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

jain79

Hello Experts..

This is my first post to this forum...Its really great entring into the hifi world.

I too wanna buy a system Just for music only and my brand preferences are :-

Cambridge Audio 650A
Cambridge Audio 650C

But I dont know from where to buy them in Delhi... And what matching speakers would be good.

expert's please advice what I can go for as long as not spending too much..

Regards
Manish

soundofmusic

Fx Entertainment are the dealers for CA in Delhi , They also deal in Mordaunt short speakers . Another speakers to audition is the Missions which is a good match for the CA .

FX Entertainment
40/46, C R Park,
New Delhi 110 019
Tel: +91 11 40507113, 40507114
Fax: +91 11 40507112

You can also look for Marantz amplifier and CD Player which is better then the CA IMO.

Upvote 0

vinod_david

Hello Experts..

This is my first post to this forum...Its really great entring into the hifi world.

Cambridge Audio 650A
Cambridge Audio 650C

But I dont know from where to buy them in Delhi... And what matching speakers would be good.

Regards
Manish

Hi:

If you've decided CA 650 combo are your amp and cdp, then look at the following speakers for excellent synergy:

Floorstanders

MS 906i
MS Mezzo 6
Diamond 9.5/9.6

Bookshelf

MA BR2
MS Mezzo 2
MS 902i
Diamond 9.1/9.2

My personal preference would be CA with MS as they are both same company and have good synergy. But, I would request you to have an audition at FX Entertainment (CA and MS distributor) and take the plunge.

[IMO]
:)

Upvote 0

thevortex

Vinod - your signature looks nice, even though it took a little bit of time for me to decode as to which item belonged to which category:)

Upvote 0

srramanujam

Dear Jain,

Consider yourselves lucky. You have been able to make up your mind quickly. I have been at it for a year, sporadically though.

At one point, i was tempted to buy CA and Mezzo 2. I listened to the combo in a home kind of enviro and liked the way it sounded.

Regards

Upvote 0

vinod_david

Jain:

Man, you need to come back and check your thread, can't vanish after throwing away a question here. What's your status ?

Upvote 0

Yogesh

No Where Near to where I want to be yet...
Hello Experts..

Cambridge Audio 650A
Cambridge Audio 650C

Regards
Manish

CA is terrific. Morduant Short matches well with CA. Choose BS/FS Avant/Aviano/Mezzo series after audition.

Upvote 0

afj

Hello Experts..

Cambridge Audio 650A
Cambridge Audio 650C

Regards
Manish

audition both together before you buy. some people say that a ca amp and a ca cdp together makes it a bit too clinical. you could mix a nad cdp which will make it more musical

Upvote 0