Purifi Eval1 Amplifiers

Not sure what you are attempting to say here, but here is a quote from NAD's website.

"NAD’s renowned designers worked closely with Purifi Audio to customise the Eigentakt implementation to ensure every product featuring the technology would meet the high standards NAD is known for. For this reason, NAD manufactures its own Eigentakt modules rather than buy off-the-shelf."

It is obvious they dont use Purifi's modules at all.

Cheers
This is a quote from Stereophile review of NAD which got product of the year award. Model M33.
Quote :
Make no mistake, the M33 is an amplifier. Its 200Wpc output stage is based on Purifi's Eigentakt technology, which may prove to be the technology that establishes class-D unambiguously as a true high-end amplification technology, even among skeptical audiophiles. (Some of us have long been convinced.) In his review, Kal Rubinson concluded that the M33's Purifi technology "is fully competitive with more expensive, separate power amps." At a hair less than $5000, the M33 is also well-priced.
Unquote :
There is another company using Purifi technology and selling their amps for $10,000. So every company is implementing these Purifi modules in their own ways. I have not said anywhere that they are unburying off the shelf.

NAD has used Purifi amplifier modules in their amplifiers. May be a bit changed to their requirements. Buts it’s the BUFFER BOARD which everyone uses according to their own designs and requirements.like VTV use their own buffer boards. So every brand used their own buffer boards and also own POWER SUPPLY..
There are 4 things in VTV
1. VTV power amplifier module
2. Power supply
3.Buffer boards
4.And the amplifier casing or the box.
Amplifier modules of Purifi are the main thing. Others you can have as per your design and requirements

Others you can have as per your design and requirements
Even the Purifi amplifier modules can customized & had per your requirements from Purifi given enough volume. Or you can manufacture your own module based on Purifi's Eigentakt tech under license from Purifi which is what NAD does. So yes, NAD does not use the Purifi modules. Semantics!

Last edited:
So yes, NAD does not use the Purifi modules. Semantics!
It is not just semantics.

Class D amp design, as any other Class, has two components. The electronics, and the sound signature. Companies such as Parasound, NAD, etc., have spent years creating and popularizing the looks, sound signature, and reliability of their amps. So even if they borrow the electronics from some one else, they are going to work on the design extensively to understand it and ensure its meets their sound signature as well as looks and reliability. I am sure some components were discarded for the components they have been sourcing and using for years. Remember, some 3020's work till today! Companies such as NAD and Parasound always speak of lifetime usage of their products. That is at least 15-20 years, if not more.

Some of these companies are today creeping today to offering 2 to 5 year warranty to offset competition. That takes a lot of commercial guts as well as a hard look at what is inside the amps. They will not, under any circumstance, depend upon a third party to do that.

Cheers

It is not just semantics.

Class D amp design, as any other Class, has two components. The electronics, and the sound signature. Companies such as Parasound, NAD, etc., have spent years creating and popularizing the looks, sound signature, and reliability of their amps. So even if they borrow the electronics from some one else, they are going to work on the design extensively to understand it and ensure its meets their sound signature as well as looks and reliability. I am sure some components were discarded for the components they have been sourcing and using for years. Remember, some 3020's work till today! Companies such as NAD and Parasound always speak of lifetime usage of their products. That is at least 15-20 years, if not more.

Some of these companies are today creeping today to offering 2 to 5 year warranty to offset competition. That takes a lot of commercial guts as well as a hard look at what is inside the amps. They will not, under any circumstance, depend upon a third party to do that.

Cheers

The owner of Purifi is Peter Lyngdorf of Lyngdorf Audio who happens to be the former owner of NAD. Peter Lyngdorf's partners at Purify happen to be Bruno Putzney and Lars Risbo. I think we all know Mr. Putzney as the former owner/chief designer of Ncore technologies.. Connect the dots and decide if NAD uses Purifi modules or not made per their specifications...

Before you reject outright, please do listen to a good Class D amplifier with a good source. Believe me, you will change your mind on how music should sound.

I have been using a bread slice sized Class D amp for the last 12 odd months that pumps out 100 watts per channel. Forget about me. Including this amp in it's recommended components, this is what Stereophile has to say about the tiny amp. "CDs played through the Lepai's RCA input sounded big, bold, and emotionally compelling, with a natural midrange, sweet highs, good bass weight, and well-focused images". What more do you want. As I said, good source is critical. You use a bad source, you will get bad sound.

I don't miss Class or Class AB at all. I am now in the process of shortlisting a professional Class D amplifier with all the bells and whistles.

Cheers
I'm not rejecting Class D outright !! You missed reading my signature, I guess.

I've been using Class D technology since 2016. My source is the RPI + ALLO Katana DAC which is well regarded, my speakers are 5-way Paradigm monitor towers. First I used the TPA3116d2 board, then upgraded to the 3e-audio TPA3251 board, and then finally the Texas Instruments' TPA3255 Evaluation module, which I used till last month. I finished a Jean Hiraga 30W Class A Amp this month, which sounds "much better" than even the 3255 IMHO. This is the reason I'm wondering if the Purify module(s) will be worth the investment as regards it's SQ.

Last edited:
Connect the dots and decide if NAD uses Purifi modules or not made per their specifications...
That may be the reason the Purifi is allowing NAD to look into and understand their design. I dont think they are doing that with any other company. Since it is a successful and well regarded product, they will be hell bent on protecting their IP.

Cheers.

This is the reason I'm wondering if the Purify module(s) will be worth the investment as regards it's SQ.
Let me, based on reviews and own usage of Class D, guess what you will get with Purifi or similar amps.

1. High SNR.
2. Good sound stage (depends upon source)
3. Completely black background.
4. High levels of transparency.
5. High dynamics and fast transients.
6. High level of clarity with good source.
7. High efficiency allowing you to use it for long periods.
8. Enough energy to drive any speaker across 2 to 8 ohms.
9. Zero SQ of its own. The SQ will depend upon the source and the speakers.
10. Good base, again, depending upon the source. With just bookshelves, some songs feel as if there is a sub-woofer. Some songs are just flat.

Beyond these, what you want depends on you. As I said elsewhere, I use a 100 watts per channel amp, sometimes for 6 hours continuously. I really enjoy the music with no ear fatigue.

Cheers

The owner of Purifi is Peter Lyngdorf of Lyngdorf Audio who happens to be the former owner of NAD. Peter Lyngdorf's partners at Purify happen to be Bruno Putzney and Lars Risbo. I think we all know Mr. Putzney as the former owner/chief designer of Ncore technologies.. Connect the dots and decide if NAD uses Purifi modules or not made per their specifications...
Panditji you have connected the dots very well and that settles the issue.
Thanks for the research.

NAD does not use Purifi modules. They worked Purifi to design their own boards that match the specs. The boards are made and populated by NAD.

Cheers.
NAD uses Purifi Modules.

Attachments

• NAD with Purifi Module.jpg
    NAD with Purifi Module.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 40
This is a multi channel amp, where NAD is using Purifi 1ET400A power modules. But that is mounted on a buffer board that has been designed by NAD. Even in the Purifi module, they have made some changes in terms of capacitors, etc.

Their stereo amps are complety different.

As I said before NAD is working with PuriFi.

Cheers

Hypex launching new amplifier module Nilai500DIY:

The measurements are crazily good.

Thanks to this thread I got to learn about Purifi, it was a blind buy, initially planned to get the eval-1 from VTV and then getting the wiring redone by Rick from ASR but he suggested Dylan Launder from the same forum who is building these with custom input buffer with OPA1612/gain settings/clipping indicator. only gripe is his crazy waiting time which was 2 months in my case.

still sorting my av rack/speaker stands/power protection but from whatever little I got to listen this provides clean power
without coloring the sound in any which way.

Attachments

• Purifi_110v_220V.jpg
    Purifi_110v_220V.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21
  • board.jpg
    board.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 21
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back