Q Accoustic Concept 40 V Tannoy Revolution XT6F V Dynaudio Emit M30 V Dali Opticon 6

rajas

Dear All,

I am looking for a decent quality of Stereo speakers to suit my Cambridge CXA80 stereo amplifier.
I will be playing music primarily on -
1. LP/ Vinyl format on Project Carbon Turntable or
2. CD/FLAC format

i listen variety of music -Indian - Bollywood, Gazals, English /Western Pop, R&B, Jazz, Love songs - music mainly from 80s and 90s

I have shortlisted following 5 speaker models:

1. Q Accoustic Concept 40
2. Tannoy Revolution XT6F
3. Dynaudio Emit M30
4. Dali Opticon 6
5. B&W 683 S2
my challenge is that i have got demo of only concept 40 which i liked but cannot have demo of rest of the shortlisted models to really evaluate with my personal experience...

as per the reviews, i understand that Tannoy XT6F is ranked no.1 followed with Concept 40/ 683S2.

I heard that XT6F has that special musical experience feeling but is little bit at bright side and can cause fatigue if listened for longer time whereas concept 40 is good for a easy/ comfortable longer listening but it misses that extra special musical experience which one gets with XT6F.

i also understand that XT6F gives good experience for rock/ heavy metal which is normally lacking in other models. but heavy rock/ metal is really not of much of my taste and so i dont need to really go for the model just for rock/ metal music experience...

any thoughts/ suggestion on this with preferably sharing personal experience of these models will be highly appreciated.
also if someone can help to compare these models technically by explaining the plus and minus in each model
Regards

Rajas

Re: Q Accoustic Concept 40 V Tannoy Revolution XT6F V Dynaudio Emit M30 V Dali Optico

I had audiotened all of them before settling on Usher V602, I'll share my insights here.

1. Q Accoustic Concept 40 - Not heard.
2. Tannoy Revolution XT6F - One of the most overrated speakers from Tannoy , best avoided.
3. Dynaudio Emit M30 - You just buy the name , expect nothing for what Dynaudio is known for.
4. Dali Opticon 6 - One of the best for the money but should be carefully partnerd with Warm Rich electronics.
5. B&W 683 S2 - MUDDY Crap. Avoid. Overpriced. ....Get Opticon 8 for that money.

There is a new Usher BE718 for sale in Amazon, probably the only one left in India. It's probably the last bookshelf you'll ever buy. It's a true Hiend speaker at throwaway money. Usher audio BE718 with Diamond Tweeter - Bookshelf Speaker https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NM9LU46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_moeRybSJ5ZZPN

Three other speakers you should audition or think of buying, Rethm Bhaavas and Paradigm Monitor 11 V7 or the PSB.

Tannoy was partnered with Leben & Symphonic Line, even they couldn't make them sound right to me. Dynaudio was partnered with Plinius. Dali with Cayin A88T and also SC6LS and Creek Classic A53 either way it sounded great to me...But warmer electronics made them sound right.

Last edited:
Re: Q Accoustic Concept 40 V Tannoy Revolution XT6F V Dynaudio Emit M30 V Dali Optico

I haven't heard many speakers. So will let the guru's here, guide you better. I have recently acquired a pair of concept 40 speakers, and in my very reflective 11 x 14 ft room, its just a muddy / booming mess. So, unless your room is bigger or has better acoustics, better to stick with a book shelf speaker.

I presently drive them with a bluesound power node, and also tried driving them with a Marantz sr6011 with audyssey multiEq 32 room correction dialed in. But even the room correction is not helping so far.

I will be shifting to a larger home by year end, so hoping that the new room will bring out the best in my concept 40's. Just my 2 cents to all prospective floor stander buyers, lest they burn their fingers like me.

I have listened to many of the above mentioned speakers but mostly the bookshelf versions except for the B&Ws, I agree with aanuj that its not up to the hype.

Tannoys (I got the bookshelves) are really good especially for the its mid and lower range, you wouldn't feel the need for subwoofer anytime. They're much better resolving than others in comparison. The highs are just average in comparison. They're not fatiguing at all, rest assured on that fact.

Dynaudio is a good option for you if bollywood and R&B is your favorite music. Dali are generally (haven't heard Opticon) need a careful matching of electronics and speakers positioning to get the best, unfortunately I could not get a audition in Hyderabad for the same.

For Q acoustics again I've heard the bookshelf counterparts, I was pretty impressed by the range it offers and with a unmatched precision , I felt them to be a bit more synthetic in terms of sound signature.

You should look at Kef Q900 at Profx Somajiguda, Monitor Audio Bronze /Silver and Paradigm Monitor at AV people Jubilee Hills which should fit in your budget. Audition whatever possible and decide (I know options are too less in Hyderabad).

My order of preference would be :
Paradigm Monitor V9 or V11
Tannoy Revolution
Q Acoustics concept 40
Dynaudio

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

https://youtube/3HyLKlJ4H9k

You will get a hints Concept 40+ CXA 80.

Concept 40 is a warm and refined sounding FS. It should matches well with CXA 80, Which is towards North of Neutral of the bright signature...must audition.

Hi memebers i am also looking to buy a pair of floor stander for music with marantz 6012. I had few in mind from above but still unable to decide (very confused)

1. tannoy xt6f
2. Kef q550 or 750
3. Monitoraudio b6

Please suggest.

Dear All,

I am looking for a decent quality of Stereo speakers to suit my Cambridge CXA80 stereo amplifier.
I will be playing music primarily on -
1. LP/ Vinyl format on Project Carbon Turntable or
2. CD/FLAC format

i listen variety of music -Indian - Bollywood, Gazals, English /Western Pop, R&B, Jazz, Love songs - music mainly from 80s and 90s

I have shortlisted following 5 speaker models:

1. Q Accoustic Concept 40
2. Tannoy Revolution XT6F
3. Dynaudio Emit M30
4. Dali Opticon 6
5. B&W 683 S2
my challenge is that i have got demo of only concept 40 which i liked but cannot have demo of rest of the shortlisted models to really evaluate with my personal experience...

as per the reviews, i understand that Tannoy XT6F is ranked no.1 followed with Concept 40/ 683S2.

I heard that XT6F has that special musical experience feeling but is little bit at bright side and can cause fatigue if listened for longer time whereas concept 40 is good for a easy/ comfortable longer listening but it misses that extra special musical experience which one gets with XT6F.

i also understand that XT6F gives good experience for rock/ heavy metal which is normally lacking in other models. but heavy rock/ metal is really not of much of my taste and so i dont need to really go for the model just for rock/ metal music experience...

any thoughts/ suggestion on this with preferably sharing personal experience of these models will be highly appreciated.
also if someone can help to compare these models technically by explaining the plus and minus in each model
Regards

Rajas
I have both the Qacoustics Concept 40's and Tannoy X6TF speakers. I switch out occasionally because they both have very different sound signatures.
You can't go wrong with either speaker.
In my room I found the Concept 40's to produce more low end. The Tannoy X6TF are on the bright side which isn't a bad thing. The build quality is superb with both speakers, asethetically imo the Tannoys look better. I listen primarily to jazz and classic rock. If you listen to more rock than any other genre then I'd go with the Concept 40's. I don't use a subwoofer. Mine are driven by a NAD Masters M32 integrated amp, which is fairly neutral in sound. I don't see a need for a subwoofer but having one certainly would not hurt especially with rock music. Both speakers are dynamic, the Tannoys do have a wider frequency response than the Qacoustics do. As you know speakers are subjective to the listener. If you are into more low end then the Qacoustics would be best. They are dead silent, the crossover is excellent. For a speaker with two 5" drivers and a 1" tweeter they put out tremendous sound. The Tannoys is better when listening at low volume. They are crystal clear. The concentric driver and placement are innovative really bring out the mids better than the Qacoustics do. You may not hear it because it's suttle. Again, both of these are good choices. If you haven't purchased any speakers yet I would give a hard look at the new Qacoustics 5050 floorstanding speakers. They are phenomenal in every area of would be my choice over the Tannoys and Concept 40's. It's difficult to beat Qacoustics build quality inside and out. They use two 6" drivers and a one inch hermetically sealed tweeter. Some of the best sound for $1999 a pair, that I've listened to in a long time. What source are you us to drive your speakers? The better the source, the better sound. Good luck and hope this was of some help

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back