Q acoustics 3020i feedback and other options?

msankadi

Hi

My use case is 70% movies 20% music 10% ps4... Music is mostly pre 90s and soft music plus gazhals and ambient music

Budget is flexible but would like to limit it to about 40k

Current setup is Boston acoustics 5.1 system with Yamaha htr3072

1. Would the 3020i be a good fit for my purpose?
2. Does it make sense to spend 10k extra and go for 3030i instead?
3. Around this budget is there any other option that is better based on your use?
4. Along with these if I go with the center channel 3090c or something would I get a big lift?

I will need to spend separately on stands too as I don't have any stands. If you have spare stands you want to sell please pm. Me

I have a separate subwoofer which I will continue and use with this upgraded setup too.

Hi @msankadi

Few days back my friend asked me to setup a HT for his new house. He heard 3050i, 3090i and 3010i combination with a QB12 subwoofer and he loved it. But he did not want FS so we got the exact setup with 3020i instead of 3050i.

I was impressed the way these speakers sound, they are musical and blend with the whole package so well. I had used them in my system to show it to couple of friends who were interested in 3020i.

If in future you will never hear bookshelfs without a subwoofer 3030i can be skipped. If you are planning to get a Integrated Amplifier or listen music without a subwoofer 3030i sound amazing.
But a AVR will never bring its true capabilities, so its better you save money and go for 3020i.

3090i is a center some liked some did not, I personally using it find a lot better than the ones I heard. I have tilted it a bit so it fires at me.

One more speaker combo in same price bracket is Mission LX2 mark II and similar centre speaker.
This is what my building buddy is using, but I found QA to be more musical than the Mission.

Try to Audition both of these if possible. If you were in Mumbai I would have called you home to listen 3020i as they are still at my place.

Here is a small video with sound test, this is without subwoofer.

Heres a thread if I missed on any aspect of 3020i

Hi @msankadi

Few days back my friend asked me to setup a HT for his new house. He heard 3050i, 3090i and 3010i combination with a QB12 subwoofer and he loved it. But he did not want FS so we got the exact setup with 3020i instead of 3050i.

I was impressed the way these speakers sound, they are musical and blend with the whole package so well. I had used them in my system to show it to couple of friends who were interested in 3020i.

If in future you will never hear bookshelfs without a subwoofer 3030i can be skipped. If you are planning to get a Integrated Amplifier or listen music without a subwoofer 3030i sound amazing.
But a AVR will never bring its true capabilities, so its better you save money and go for 3020i.

3090i is a center some liked some did not, I personally using it find a lot better than the ones I heard. I have tilted it a bit so it fires at me.

One more speaker combo in same price bracket is Mission LX2 mark II and similar centre speaker.
This is what my building buddy is using, but I found QA to be more musical than the Mission.

Try to Audition both of these if possible. If you were in Mumbai I would have called you home to listen 3020i as they are still at my place.

Here is a small video with sound test, this is without subwoofer.

Heres a thread if I missed on any aspect of 3020i

Thanks a lot, appreciate the detailed feedback and inputs

I too am in the similar boat and the above is what I fear. Even if an AVR can, it's gonna have to be a beefy high-end one.

@msankadi - Do you mind telling me what's the prices you've managed to get for the 3020 and 3030s? Thanks!

@sl4y3r @msankadi QA3020i is available for 24k on amazon. This is a very good price, I purchased 2 months back for around 25k after bargaining.

QA 3030i can be had around 34-38k when last checked.

@sl4y3r what AVR or IA you will be using? Since you are in Mumbai you can come for Home Audition till I have the 3020i with me :)

@sl4y3r @msankadi QA3020i is available for 24k on amazon. This is a very good price, I purchased 2 months back for around 25k after bargaining.

QA 3030i can be had around 34-38k when last checked.

@sl4y3r what AVR or IA you will be using? Since you are in Mumbai you can come for Home Audition till I have the 3020i with me :)
AVR is a Pioneer LX303 what are your thoughts? Also, when do you have the 3020is till? Will try to to make some time to come listen to them. Thanks again for offer :)

AVR is a Pioneer LX303 what are your thoughts? Also, when do you have the 3020is till? Will try to to make some time to come listen to them. Thanks again for offer :)

You have a decent AVR, I found Pioneers to be better than Denon with respect to 2 channel listening.
Cannot give exact date, these are with me till my friends house gets repainting work done, but 1-2 weeks approx or more.

You have a decent AVR, I found Pioneers to be better than Denon with respect to 2 channel listening.
Cannot give exact date, these are with me till my friends house gets repainting work done, but 1-2 weeks approx or more.
Cool, will try for this weekend, hopefully! Damn shifting never ends. Will WhatsApp you.

If possible, please post a picture of center as placed by you.
Can 3090i (or q acoustic concept center) be wall mounted or is it too heavy for that?

If possible, please post a picture of center as placed by you.
Can 3090i (or q acoustic concept center) be wall mounted or is it too heavy for that?

Here you go,
I have placed a small form beneath it to tilt it upwards.

No this cannot be wall mounted due to following reasons.
1) Rear ported
2) No holes to wall mount
3) Speaker binding posts pop out
4) Yes it is heavy.

20211022_215454.jpg

20210902_214403_resize_28.jpg

1) Rear ported
4) Yes it is heavy.
Q Acoustics sells these wall mounts for their speakers. Does the Center speaker has compatible points at the bottom? I think it should have at least two of such holes at the bottom so that wall mount screw can go in
wallbracket.jpg
https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-3000wb.html

Q Acoustics sells these wall mounts for their speakers. Does the Center speaker has compatible points at the bottom? I think it should have at least two of such holes at the bottom so that wall mount screw can go in
View attachment 64141
https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-3000wb.html

Yes it does have a similar nut mount found on bookshelves but only one hole in the center. But not sure will it fit with the center speaker.
You can drop a mail to QA support team, they are very prompt on replying queries.

Yes it does have a similar nut mount found on bookshelves but only one hole in the center. But not sure will it fit with the center speaker.
You can drop a mail to QA support team, they are very prompt on replying queries.
It does say that it is compatible with 3090ci on the page, so I am 99% sure it should work with that. I think I saw this being available on hifimart as well

As per mount's description, its compatible with 3020i and 3090ci so it surely must be compatible. However, expecting a single mount to support this whole massive speaker horizontally seems like a bad design decision to me. Center thus mounted will be a disaster waiting to happen.

As per mount's description, its compatible with 3020i and 3090ci so it surely must be compatible. However, expecting a single mount to support this whole massive speaker horizontally seems like a bad design decision to me. Center thus mounted will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Walls should be strong and the drills if made should be properly mounted.

I have a smaller mount with used to carry weight of large bookshelf speakers, they even provided a drill and all possible screws and nuts.
Most of the time they are well engineered.

1) Rear ported
4) Yes it is heavy.
You can always use wall brackets. I use L brackets and placed my 12.5kg center speaker and the 8.5kg LR book shelf speakers. There are heavier speakers which are wall mounted using mounting brackets made for heavy speakers. The 3090c wouldn’t be more then 6 kg

Hi

My use case is 70% movies 20% music 10% ps4... Music is mostly pre 90s and soft music plus gazhals and ambient music

Budget is flexible but would like to limit it to about 40k

Current setup is Boston acoustics 5.1 system with Yamaha htr3072

1. Would the 3020i be a good fit for my purpose?
2. Does it make sense to spend 10k extra and go for 3030i instead?
3. Around this budget is there any other option that is better based on your use?
4. Along with these if I go with the center channel 3090c or something would I get a big lift?

I will need to spend separately on stands too as I don't have any stands. If you have spare stands you want to sell please pm. Me

I have a separate subwoofer which I will continue and use with this upgraded setup too.
Hi,
How big is your room?
Will you be keeping your bostons for surrounds?
Are you looking to switch speakers only for 20% music requirements? Have heard the 3020is, and they really good for Bolly, ghazal, and ambient music.

Havent heard the Bostons, but a good lift from centre is difficult to achieve for any kind of speakers from my auditioning experience. The C1+ come closest, but any kind of centre should do.

I didn't understand what you meant by lift, but if it is dialogue volume, should be doable with any centre.
Regards

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back