Q Acoustics M20

Wow...sorry I posted in haste without reading till the end of this thread :D

I don't have a M20, but I would expect that the sub out RCA will have variable volume output. Have you set this volume to max.

What crossover are you using, the one inside the M20, or the physical Dail in the sub.

Sorry iam completely unfamiliar with the M20, so posting my above silly questions :D

No problem :)

Have set my crossover to around 70 Hz in the sub (QB 12), the M20 does not have volume control for the sub out. Sub volume at around 60-70%.

Why hope? You have paid for it & it is under warranty. I'm sure Hifimart will provide after sales support. What is the point otherwise buying from authorised dealers, might as well pick from the grey market then

Agreed. 😅

Of the two Bangalore service center contacts (AG Technologies and AHA Technologies), the latter panned out. The guy on the phone acknowledged that they do official servicing for QA speakers. Will be visiting them with the speakers on Friday.

Did get a response from Q Acoustics support also, and it is..... not ideal.
1658922233218.png

Pretty much washed their hands off the matter immediately. I was at least hoping they will also give out contacts of their authorized service centers.

Therefore, all hope is on AHA Technologies now.

Agreed. 😅

Of the two Bangalore service center contacts (AG Technologies and AHA Technologies), the latter panned out. The guy on the phone acknowledged that they do official servicing for QA speakers. Will be visiting them with the speakers on Friday.

Did get a response from Q Acoustics support also, and it is..... not ideal.
View attachment 70892

Pretty much washed their hands off the matter immediately. I was at least hoping they will also give out contacts of their authorized service centers.

Therefore, all hope is on AHA Technologies now.

The other service center "AG Technologies" also got back, asked for invoice and serial number, and confirmed I have warranty. Going there tomorrow to drop the speakers off

The other service center "AG Technologies" also got back, asked for invoice and serial number, and confirmed I have warranty. Going there tomorrow to drop the speakers off
Keep us posted on the progress. Hope you get em fixed without much fuss. Good luck!

I ordered the M20s for dedicated TV use. Should get em next week.

Had dropped off the speakers at this center on Friday. Waiting to hear back from them on the repair.

In the meanwhile, I really wanted some replacement speakers (I can be stupid & rash like that) and decided to buy the Klipsch R41-PM from Cinebels. In fact, headed there right from the QA service center.
Been using the R41-PM for two days now and, quite impressed by them also. Particularly with how much better/stronger the QB12 sub sounds with these. It's a big difference from the M20HD, to the point I actually had to reduce the sub volume to 50% from the previous 70-75% levels.
The R41-PM comes with a bass eq thing to boost the low end, which I have turned off. And keeping the bass volume at the speaker level (yes the remote has control for that) at slightly above its default.

Had dropped off the speakers at this center on Friday. Waiting to hear back from them on the repair.

In the meanwhile, I really wanted some replacement speakers (I can be stupid & rash like that) and decided to buy the Klipsch R41-PM from Cinebels. In fact, headed there right from the QA service center.
Been using the R41-PM for two days now and, quite impressed by them also. Particularly with how much better/stronger the QB12 sub sounds with these. It's a big difference from the M20HD, to the point I actually had to reduce the sub volume to 50% from the previous 70-75% levels.
The R41-PM comes with a bass eq thing to boost the low end, which I have turned off. And keeping the bass volume at the speaker level (yes the remote has control for that) at slightly above its default.
Congrats! Thats great to know. Klipsch speakers are a fun listen. We hardly have real user reviews of the R41PM on the forum, if any. Looking forward to more listening impressions and perhaps, a "shootout" between the two once you get the M20HD back!

Btw, did they manage to figure out the fault with the Q?

Finally got an update that the "board needs to be replaced", and the replacement board has been requested for from the manufacturer/distributor. Will take another 1-2 weeks all in all.

So, I guess the 'active' part of my active speakers straight up died.

Finally got an update that the "board needs to be replaced", and the replacement board has been requested for from the manufacturer/distributor. Will take another 1-2 weeks all in all.

So, I guess the 'active' part of my active speakers straight up died.
That's unfortunately the trade-off for active speakers.

If it goes, all of it goes Vs components which can be removed from the chain and sent in for repairs.

I've been living in fear ever since you posted about your ordeal!

If it goes, all of it goes Vs components which can be removed from the chain and sent in for repairs.

Precisely the reason I’ve been keeping away from expensive electronics. Imagine getting one of those NAD Masters all-in-ones and something blows 😬

Expensive televisions are even scarier once warranty expires.

You can always send the speakers to me.
I can live in mortal fear on your behalf ;)

Precisely the reason I’ve been keeping away from expensive electronics. Imagine getting one of those NAD Masters all-in-ones and something blows 😬
On that note, I've found the perfect amp (considering the specific requirements we'd discussed) and I'll be sharing the details soon 🙂. To say I'm pleased as a punch is an understatement.
Expensive televisions are even scarier once warranty expires.
True that! I recently threw away my MiTV 4X cuz it conked off beyond the warranty period.

Which is another reason why I'd opted for 5 years full coverage warranty/insurance (which also covers theft) on the OLED. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

Yeah, this ordeal has certainly soured the experience a fair amount. And if I find myself looking for speakers again in future (provided I have the money for it) will only consider passive ones with amp/receiver.

Funny how these things go though. Before the M20 came in I had been using the Harman Kardon soundsticks 2.1 setup, all for 9k, for 4 years now. Except slightly wonky bluetooth from time to time, never skipped a beat and still going as strong as it did on day 1.

Yeah, this ordeal has certainly soured the experience a fair amount. And if I find myself looking for speakers again in future (provided I have the money for it) will only consider passive ones with amp/receiver.

Funny how these things go though. Before the M20 came in I had been using the Harman Kardon soundsticks 2.1 setup, all for 9k, for 4 years now. Except slightly wonky bluetooth from time to time, never skipped a beat and still going as strong as it did on day 1.
Cheap mass Market stuff vs esoteric exotica. The former is usually more reliable in most walks of life.

Quality Acoustics lmao

@Owners of Q Acoustics

Register on QA website if haven’t done already. It’ll give you additional year warranty. I just did for my M20s.

PS: provided bought new with invoice!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back