Query on Onkyo 6200 to play music

tellranga

Friends,
Onkyo 6200 comes with an Ipod dock. So I am thinking of going for an Ipod rather buying a CD player for my HTIB due to space constraint.
  • Please suggest me a suitable model (Classic, Mini, Nano, Shuffle & Touch) for my Ipod.
  • Can you give me leads to any Ipod shops in Chennai. Havent heard about any exclusive IPod showroom in Chennai. Do you ?
  • Otherwise is it advisable to connect my Nokia 5800 Xpress music instead of Ipod, this means I need not spend any extra money, as I already own N5800?
Suggestion pls.

Hi

If your Nokia phone can be connected to ipod dock of onkyo then that is the best way since you can drag and drip your songs on to it easily from your system other wise for loading songs (as well as deleting) on to ipod mini you have to use itunes everytime.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Friends,
Onkyo 6200 comes with an Ipod dock. So I am thinking of going for an Ipod rather buying a CD player for my HTIB due to space constraint.
  • Please suggest me a suitable model (Classic, Mini, Nano, Shuffle & Touch) for my Ipod.
  • Can you give me leads to any Ipod shops in Chennai. Havent heard about any exclusive IPod showroom in Chennai. Do you ?
  • Otherwise is it advisable to connect my Nokia 5800 Xpress music instead of Ipod, this means I need not spend any extra money, as I already own N5800?
Suggestion pls.

You can visit istore on Radhakrishnan Salai (next to AVM Rajeswari Marriage Hall) for all Apple products. Istore is run by Reliance.

Regds / Shailender

Friends,
Suggestion pls.

5800 cannot be connected to the ipod dock so I am not sure how are you planning to connect it with 6200. Plus the audio quality of 5800 can not be compared to iPod (I own a 5800 as well)
About which iPod any iPod except touch is excellient for Music. Why not touch, coz touch uses different chip for audio than the classic/shuffle/Nano, I have a Touch a classic and a nano as well and Audio quality of Classic and nano is wee bit better than touch. I would suggest go for classic that is the best iPod for Music in tearms of Audio quality and features as well.

Last edited:
Plus the audio quality of 5800 can not be compared to iPod (I own a 5800 as well)
About which iPod any iPod except touch is excellient for Music. Why not touch, coz touch uses different chip for audio than the classic/shuffle/Nano, I have a Touch a classic and a nano as well and Audio quality of Classic and nano is wee bit better than touch. I would suggest go for classic that is the best iPod for Music in tearms of Audio quality and features as well.
I have two more question before I make my final decision,
  1. Can the audio quality of a CD player can be compared to IPod classic? I know CD Player will win easily, but what I am trying to understand is the margin of difference in satisfaction if it is too large, then I have to reconsider IPod ?
  2. Also apart from mp3 , what other formats can be played by IPOD for audio? I mean is it possible to copy the contents of the Music CD's to IPOD memory and play them through IPOD

I have two more question before I make my final decision,
  1. Can the audio quality of a CD player can be compared to IPod classic? I know CD Player will win easily, but what I am trying to understand is the margin of difference in satisfaction if it is too large, then I have to reconsider IPod ?
  2. Also apart from mp3 , what other formats can be played by IPOD for audio? I mean is it possible to copy the contents of the Music CD's to IPOD memory and play them through IPOD

Yes as you said yourself it differes, about the level of difference (which is a good question) would depend on the equipment you are using to output the audio, casual sony players/HTiBss and headphones would not bring out the difference, but if have a class amp like Marantz and spks in the line of Wharfs or B&W they would easily bring out the difference, MP3 would sound crap on such a system.

Coming to your other query......iPod can play the following formatts

AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

And yes it is possible to copy contents fromt the CD to ipod, but it depends on which format you are ripping the CD, like for example WAV or MP3. One of the best application out there to this is FreeRip MP3 the best part is the application can rip the CD directly to MP3 or what ever codec you choose......

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back