how to stream music from desktop to denon avr 1611

swami

hi,

i have music on external (powered) 1TB hard disk connected to my desktop in a room. my denon avr 1611 is in another room and is connected a tv, dvd player, tata sky+. i have a wifi modem which i use for accessing internet on my mobile phone which is a sony ericsson satio. i have an ipod nano 5th generation (no wifi). a cheap usb bluetooth dongle on my pc which just transfers file and i don't think it supports music streaming on to my phone.

with that said, i need my music to be played from pc and amplified/reproduced in my denon avr. please suggest cost effective and high quality options. the setting should be wireless as it is across rooms. i did research and couldn't find any suitable solution.

few thoughts going in my mind -

1. somehow stream music from my pc on my mobile and connect mobile audio out to avr audio in.

2. use a fm transmitter to send audio over fm from pc to avr

3. use a wireless denon control dock for ipod (not sure about features and cost)

4. use a bluetooth transmitter to send audio over from pc to avr

Please help me with this. thankyou.

[if this is posted in wrong forum, please guide me or move this thread]

1. Does your phone support streaming media from pc? If so this is the best cost effective method.

2. Using FM transmitter is simple and cost effective, but the sound quality may not be the best. FM Transmitter Many Channel for iPod/MP3/MP4/CD Player | eBay

3. Denon ipod docks are expensive. Denon ASD-11R iPod Dock for Use with Compatible Denon Receivers | eBay

4. Bluetooth has range limitations. Since your AVR and PC are in different rooms, the walls will affect the signal strength. New Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver wireless mp3 audio | eBay

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio | eBay

Another option - 4 Channel Audio Video AV Wireless Transmitter Receiver~ | eBay

Or look at this wireless transmitter and receiver -Nu Wireless Audio Kit | eBay

FYI - I am using a wifi media player Himedia HD600b with DLNA support to stream music from my laptop. This player will cost around 8.5K so is expensive.

Get a media streamer with wireless support, like WDTV, Acryn or Patriot Box office. It will cost about $100 or so. That would be the best solution rather than fiddling with network adapters or docks and you get a full fledged media player to boot.

I use xtreamer for streaming my music & movies also which is connected to my plasma with hdmi and to my yamaha avr with optical out , it has inbuild hdd support and 2 usb ports for pen drive or external hdd and lan port for streaming plus i can use wifi but i prefer for quality using a lan cable ..... Only one time cabling is required. But i dont even have to plug in any drives as i share my pc with my xtreamer. But u can buy asus o!play which is around 5000 or 6000 max

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back