Question about Harmony Remotes

Hi,

I bought one of the Logitech Harmony programmable remotes a couple of years ago and found it too cumbersome to deal with. Each time I wanted to change something I had to take it to my computer, connect it via USB and then do use the Logitech application to make changes.

After a while I found myself using my individual remotes and the Logitech found its way into the unused bin.

This is Just my Personal Opinion: Unless you are really looking to converge about 5 remotes, I would not suggest an Universal remote. I did a lot of research before I got one and I am a pretty tech savvy person, but it takes a lot of "planning" to use it effectively; but the fact of life is, when you need a remote, you really need the remote to do its job. :)

/lineker

Hi,

I bought one of the Logitech Harmony programmable remotes a couple of years ago and found it too cumbersome to deal with. Each time I wanted to change something I had to take it to my computer, connect it via USB and then do use the Logitech application to make changes.

After a while I found myself using my individual remotes and the Logitech found its way into the unused bin.

This is Just my Personal Opinion: Unless you are really looking to converge about 5 remotes, I would not suggest an Universal remote. I did a lot of research before I got one and I am a pretty tech savvy person, but it takes a lot of "planning" to use it effectively; but the fact of life is, when you need a remote, you really need the remote to do its job. :)

/lineker

i find it very useful. Specially the feature where just one button switches everything on. With this, even my wife can use the system. with individual remotes, there is no way she'll be able to do that.

Hi
I use the harmony 1 and i would say i totally depend on it for controlling my set up. Its worth the buy and it solves the many hassles of toggling from one source to another. U only need to do the one time online organisation of the many remotes you have and even this operation is very user friendly. Once you are done, you have a lifetime luxury of easy handling which even includes your control over the airconditioner !! :)

cheers!!

Last edited:
some of these can operate a limited number of gadgets, check for specs before buying. I believe the basic model handles only 5 devices.

George:
You have access to stuff from US. better buy from there. I believe there is a good difference in prices.

Get the Harmony 700 if you can. I got it as replacement for my faulty 525 from logitech and it is much better aesthetic and functionality wise. The downside is it can control only 6 devices compared to 15 devices that the 525 supports. No complaints though as I have only 6 devices.

I set up the remote only once after I got it.. Took about 4-5 hours to get everything right. After that it has been holding up pretty well.. Cant live without it now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back