Quietest fridge

While it is true that the origin of noise is the compressor there are other factors that contribute a lot. The quality of materials used, mass of the materials, how loaded the refrigerator is, location of the freezer, etc. all contribute to the noise. So, just the compressor does not say it all; the noise is a sum of the parts rather than one component. Also different models within the same brand will be quieter/noisier than others so saying a brand is quiet is incorrect. I have a 15 year old LG which is DEAD quiet - but if I say refrigerators from LG are as quiet as the one I have, I would be absolutely wrong.
Don't fully agree, but again I am not an expert.

Interesting thread and very relevant to me at the moment.
Planning a small fridge in my upcoming hifi/HT room.
The fridge will be located around 6-7 feet from main listening seat.
So, it will need to be quiet ;) .
Any suggestions in the lower capacity range?
Say, 50 to 200 Litres.
Even a hotel room minibar fridge option if they are quiet enough :)

Sorry to say brother, I have used Gordej, Lg Samsung, Hitachi, Panasonic,whirlpool at my guest house in Goa, what I feel that all fridges have a hum, but that is just the normal hum in just any refrigerator.

I am using Samsung that have normal hum, but LG in my brother's home has very silent ...so in comparison from my experience LG is silent than samsung.

Don’t they have split refrigerators like split ACs? They would be dead quiet and have a ready market among audiophiles. :p

Now, while that may have you in splits, given the split house here on whether fridges can be quiet or not, split refrigerators might be a serious business idea! :cool:

Don’t they have split refrigerators like split ACs? They would be dead quiet and have a ready market among audiophiles. :p

Now, while that may have you in splits, given the split house here on whether fridges can be quiet or not, split refrigerators might be a serious business idea! :cool:
You might be on to something. Get the idea patented before someone steals it. I am sure it will sell.

Time for a fridge change. Trying to find the quietest one. The usually suspects are Samsung, lg, whirlpool, haier. A loud one can cause havoc with your listening especially at late night. ~ 300 lit double door models.

Since I live in an apartment, the fridge is kept in the dining room to save space in the kitchen. Anyone went this route before ? Any experience / info will be appreciated.
Perfectly timed thread :D

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back