Raspberry-Pi-5

Good announcement....but, alas the general public will have to wait for a long long time to even get the product. Industry/corporations will goggle this up leaving people like us with a wishlist.

Congrats !!

Will it be used for Streaming and DAC ?
I guess apart from Pi 5 4GB RAM, none of the other accessories are available right now. They are expected to hit Indian shores by Nov 2023.

Based on my limited experience, can be used for wide variety of use cases like streaming + DAC, Media Server (Kodi on librelec) etc.

Would anyone be aware if Allo is still selling their products - Most of their products are still shown as out of stock on websites like fabto.lab.

What are the gains or benefits of Pi5 over Pi4 ?
upgrade from Pi3b to Pi4 was huge, specially USB part.

For the use case of a streamer does it make sense to get the Pi5 instead of Pi4 or even Pi3B+ ? The Pi3B+ and Pi4 are cheaper, has lesser power and cooling requirements and availability is also better. Am I missing anything obvious ?
wait for it, hope you do not have the FOMO.
In a few months we will know the reality.

What are the gains or benefits of Pi5 over Pi4 ?
upgrade from Pi3b to Pi4 was huge, specially USB part.
Totally agree. Having ethernet and usb sharing the bus lead to issues in some use cases. But we are talking about the use case as a streamer.

Please see this post where an analysis is done on the impact on audio quality of pi3b+ against better implementations. No significant differences between the pi3b+ and others

Totally agree. Having ethernet and usb sharing the bus lead to issues in some use cases. But we are talking about the use case as a streamer.

Please see this post where an analysis is done on the impact on audio quality of pi3b+ against better implementations. No significant differences between the pi3b+ and others
Thanks @bobbyprajan for sharing the " Post "

If my understanding is correct regarding the POST, is it not that Pi -5 used as a streamer will be performing well on par with other Streamers ?

Will be nice if anyone can deny my point on Pi - 5 with valid reasons, which could obviously result in sharing of knowledge and understanding of the same

TIA

Thanks @bobbyprajan for sharing the " Post "

If my understanding is correct regarding the POST, is it not that Pi -5 used as a streamer will be performing well on par with other Streamers ?

Will be nice if anyone can deny my point on Pi - 5 with valid reasons, which could obviously result in sharing of knowledge and understanding of the same

TIA
Streaming or playing through usb

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back