Raspberry pi and Allo Digione Transport

Bantei

I’m looking to purchase Raspberry Pi 4 along with the Allo Digione from the following website:-

Has anyone bought items from the mentioned site? Wanted to know if the website is legit. The item is available for Rs. 9799/-

Your valuable feedback would be highly appreciated.

I’m using Mission LX 2 MKII speakers and Marantz PM6007 amp.

I’m looking to purchase Raspberry Pi 4 along with the Allo Digione from the following website:-

Has anyone bought items from the mentioned site? Wanted to know if the website is legit. The item is available for Rs. 9799/-

The Marantz PM6007 already has an inbuilt DAC, would it make sense to just buy a network streamer like Rpi 3b+ or 4 and use the inbuilt Marantz DAC.
Would there be much difference between the Allo digione/boss DAC over the Marantz inbuilt DAC ?

Yes. The site is legit and I recently purchased Allo Boss 2 player from them. Customer service is good and you can contact them by email or the phone number mentioned on their site. You can consider fabtolab.com site also, from whom I had purchased the Digione. Both these are Bangalore based. Before ordering I will urge you to contact them.
If you are just want a digital transport/ network streamer then you go ahead with digione or if you require a DAC with network steamer then you consider Boss 2 player. The Boss2 DAC is much better than pm6006/7.

The Marantz PM6007 already has an inbuilt DAC, would it make sense to just buy a network streamer like Rpi 3b+ or 4 and use the inbuilt Marantz DAC.
Would there be much difference between the Allo digione/boss DAC over the Marantz inbuilt DAC ?
Yes, There is a significant sound improvement in Boss 2 DAC when compared to pm6006/7. Digione doesn't have a DAC.

@Bantei
waretohouse.com is an authorized reseller of Allo products. I have bought Digione and some cables from them earlier.
Please call and confirm the final pricing. I think what's on the website is exclusive of GST and shipping.

Cheers,
Raghu

Yes. The site is legit and I recently purchased Allo Boss 2 player from them. Customer service is good and you can contact them by email or the phone number mentioned on their site. You can consider fabtolab.com site also, from whom I had purchased the Digione. Both these are Bangalore based. Before ordering I will urge you to contact them.
If you are just want a digital transport/ network streamer then you go ahead with digione or if you require a DAC with network steamer then you consider Boss 2 player. The Boss2 DAC is much better than pm6006/7.
Thank you so much

@Bantei
waretohouse.com is an authorized reseller of Allo products. I have bought Digione and some cables from them earlier.
Please call and confirm the final pricing. I think what's on the website is exclusive of GST and shipping.

Cheers,
Raghu
Will do that. Thank you

Just check the price on fabtolab.com, who also are an authorized reseller for allo products. I have purchased Allo Revolution DAC, allo nirvana PS from them after finding few things cheaper on fabtolab.

Slightly off topic but which Pi OS would be best for airplay support?
All of them because the actual OS is Raspberry PI OS. It is just that the different distributions (volumio, dietpi, etc) just have their own UI which runs on the raspberry pi OS. For airplay they all install the same package called shairport-sync.

+1 to the other comments. This is a reliable site. Suggest to call them once to double check availability and shipping before making any final purchase on the site.

Bumping up an old thread to ask about sourcing Allo products. Are the two websites (Fabtolab and Waretohouse) the only way to buy in India ?

I'm looking for an Allo Digione Signature (the HAT, not the player) and both these sites are out of stock.

Is there any offline outlet in Bangalore that anybody has used ?

Slightly off topic but which Pi OS would be best for airplay support?
I have observed sound differences in airplay when using diet pi v/s volumio v/s moode.

Volumio was slightly bright.

The original and best sounding was diet pi software with shairport installed on top of it. Its sound i could relate to what a normal airplay should sound like, without making any changes to the data stream.

Bumping up an old thread to ask about sourcing Allo products. Are the two websites (Fabtolab and Waretohouse) the only way to buy in India ?

I'm looking for an Allo Digione Signature (the HAT, not the player) and both these sites are out of stock.

Is there any offline outlet in Bangalore that anybody has used

Also if any FM has a Digione Signature which they are planning to sell, please DM :)

Is there any offline outlet in Bangalore that anybody has used ?
Even if you got Allo Digione getting a RPi is either pay through nose or impossible. In the same boat, settling with a Asus Tinkerboard to use with iFi DAC over USB and later Khadas VM3L plus Toneboard

getting a RPi is either pay through nose or impossible
I understand there was a chip shortage etc and it was hard to get for some time but I thought it was resolved. I bought a RPI 4 8 gb sometime in Oct 22 from one of the authorised online sellers for about INR 8k, which wasn't too far away from the UK price of about GBP 85.

I understand there was a chip shortage etc and it was hard to get for some time but I thought it was resolved. I bought a RPI 4 8 gb sometime in Oct 22 from one of the authorised online sellers for about INR 8k, which wasn't too far away from the UK price of about GBP 85.
Now it is near double

Now it is near double
Yeah right, I brought a preowned Rpi3 B+ from a college student for 3K last month.
Now it is near double
Even for double the price boards are not available with authorised sellers. I brought a preowned Rpi3 B+ from a college student for 3K this month. More pre-owned Rpis will come on sale in OLX by the end of this academic year.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back