Raw Transfer in PS3

Venkat sir did you try the same setup
1. with other DVDs (with dolby digital/dts)
2. updated firmware of the ps3

I use the ps3 the same way as earlier mentioned in the post with my okyo 606 and get passthrough dts/dolby 5.1 to the receiver.

I am sure the PS3 can send data in raw format. Only thing was I did not know how to set it up. I shall follow Shailendra's advise and check in the DVD/BD option.

I did try with 2 or 3 DVDs, and the issue were the same. In addition to Iron Man, I tried I Robot, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and a DTS version of Sivaji.

I am quite sure I can set the PS3 to send data in raw format. I shall confirm this once I do it in reality.

Cheers

I am sure the PS3 can send data in raw format. Only thing was I did not know how to set it up. I shall follow Shailendra's advise and check in the DVD/BD option.

I did try with 2 or 3 DVDs, and the issue were the same. In addition to Iron Man, I tried I Robot, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and a DTS version of Sivaji.

I am quite sure I can set the PS3 to send data in raw format. I shall confirm this once I do it in reality.

Cheers
yes the ps3 does send ac3/dts as is in raw format. Only HD audio gets decoded to LPCM and then passes to the receiver. Its the shortcoming of the design of the components that prevents it to send HD audio as bitstream.

Keep trying Venkat Sir.

hey bro

check bd/dvd setting in ps3 menu

set it to lpcm coz ps3 only decode dts hd and others hd format

you avr or any other avr don't show dts hd or other hd logo coz its convert to lpcm but its actually playing dts hd or others hd audio formats

Where is Shuvc of Kolkata who has described his family as a "playstation family" and has been owning all kinds of playstation models for some time now. It is likely he has an answer. I am interested since we were considering buying a PS3.

Hehe. I kept mum, since this has to do with audio over HDMI. I don't have a 'HDMI avr' - hence no hands on experience. However, as suprateep and others have mentioned, I too have set the output to bitstream under the BD/DVD settings. My PS3 sends audio through an optical cable to the Denon.

If this is true then PS3 cannot send audio data in raw format over HDMI. Sad.

In any case I have to check the DVD/BD setting as suggested by Shailendra and others. I will be able to do it only after 9th of next moth.

Cheers

it can for dolby ac3 5.1/dts - it cannot for DTS HDMA or dolby true HD.

The slim is supposed to have overcome the problem of the first gen ps3 and can bitstream the afforesaid audio formats venkat sir.

hey just to defend manu, i think he gave a very pertinent response on the issue! The PS3 does not bitstream the HD audio formats, and only sends out LPCM, and that' s the issue that seems to have affected venkat.

manu do you even read the posts before posting yourself:p

hey just to defend manu, i think he gave a very pertinent response on the issue! The PS3 does not bitstream the HD audio formats, and only sends out LPCM, and that' s the issue that seems to have affected venkat.

he did - albeit the same was done by others as well much before that. And this issue has been dealth with multiple times in the past hence......

the only glitch people do not read the earlier posts before psoting themselves :eek:

ha ha ha, you got me man! guilty as charged.

he did - albeit the same was done by others as well much before that. And this issue has been dealth with multiple times in the past hence......

the only glitch people do not read the earlier posts before psoting themselves :eek:

ha ha ha, you got me man! guilty as charged.

bang bang bang :lol:

Friday evening I am supposed to leave from office - packing up - suddenly a call comes from super boss about some RFP from Japan - whereas I look after the US geo - stuff is i have to revert by Monday noon Japan time - i.e. I have to finish a 10 point questionnaire by tonight.

I have to get someone.

BTW mah friend we need a break after a long week ??? (get my flow):eek:hyeah:

Back