reasons for subwoofer damage?

i guess its time for service or a change of sub,
the polk psw125 is actually not a match for your onk 807 u need something better, am not saying the onk 807 is great, its average runs out of steam pretty fast

get your cone/driver/amp of the sub fixed and sell the sub

u definetly need to upgrade your sub

i guess its time for service or a change of sub,
the polk psw125 is actually not a match for your onk 807 u need something better, am not saying the onk 807 is great, its average runs out of steam pretty fast

get your cone/driver/amp of the sub fixed and sell the sub

u definetly need to upgrade your sub

yaa its time for sub change , hey bro is my onk 807 is bad :sad: u said its not great :sad:

yaa its time for sub change , hey bro is my onk 807 is bad :sad: u said its not great :sad:

man i never said its bad , its good not great doesnt mean its bad:lol:

i think the 7 series is 7.2 right?
its jst that i have come to a point were i dont favour receivers/AVRs, bcoz they have a lot of limitations and never really suits my tastes

Their service and support philosophy sucks.

Cheers

100:/: agree with you
they are only eager to push thier products
have no knowledge / act like, on old issues, really stupid guys

manu must be wondering where the discussion is heading to, lets not scare him:lol:

man i never said its bad , its good not great doesnt mean its bad:lol:

i think the 7 series is 7.2 right?
its jst that i have come to a point were i dont favour receivers/AVRs, bcoz they have a lot of limitations and never really suits my tastes

ya its 7.2 and yaa u r right aboutavr limitations i know whoever use separates never look back :D

Manu, read the following reviews and take heart:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1462626/HCC_onkyo_reprint.pdf
Onkyo TX-NR807 AV Receiver Review - Home Cinema Reviews - TrustedReviews
TrustedReviews Awards 2009 - TrustedReviews - TrustedReviews

Irrespective of what anyone say, Onkyo has been ruling the AVR market for the last three years. And this is what the industry says, not me. Personally I don't like Onkyo India.

Cheers

thank you venkkat sir i;m asking for one favour please sit in front of ur speaker at 14 feet away and measure with spl metre to see at what volume db you can get 70 to 75db of listening levels in avr volume control so it gives me a rough estimate to where set my avr volume so next time i'm safe from damaging any equipment please sir i don't have spl metre

Last edited:
thank you venkkat sir i;m asking for one favour please sit in front of ur speaker at 14 feet away and measure with spl metre to see at what volume db you can get 70 to 75db of listening levels in avr volume control so it gives me a rough estimate to where set my avr volume so next time i'm safe from damaging any equipment please sir i don't have spl metre[/COLOR]

I will do it in the night and send you the details.

Cheers

Hi Manu,

I would like you to verify something, is your electrical wiring okay? This came to my experience while troubleshooting an HT issue at a friends home.

Whenever I touched the connectors or cables, I would get an electric shock. This is because the "live" and "neutral" wires are interchanged and/or improper wiring of stabilizer or power strip.

It could also happen that when playing at high volumes, the higher LFE along with the electrical spike could have damaged some circuitry.

I'm adding this based on your history of sub failure.

regards,

Nitin.

Hi Manu,

I would like you to verify something, is your electrical wiring okay? This came to my experience while troubleshooting an HT issue at a friends home.

Whenever I touched the connectors or cables, I would get an electric shock. This is because the "live" and "neutral" wires are interchanged and/or improper wiring of stabilizer or power strip.

It could also happen that when playing at high volumes, the higher LFE along with the electrical spike could have damaged some circuitry.

I'm adding this based on your history of sub failure.

regards,

Nitin.

thanks nitin bhai for reply wiring and etc etc is fine,i have v-gaurd stabs as you said It could also happen that when playing at high volumes, the higher LFE along with the electrical spike could have damaged some circuitry., so is my subwoofer circuitry you are taking about or my avr circuitry

thanks nitin bhai for reply wiring and etc etc is fine,i have v-gaurd stabs as you said It could also happen that when playing at high volumes, the higher LFE along with the electrical spike could have damaged some circuitry., so is my subwoofer circuitry you are taking about or my avr circuitry

Hi,

I'm simply asking you to check by touching your AVR connectors (LFE out, Line outs, component outputs etc), but NEVER speaker terminals.

If any of the above RCA terminals (with the AVR "ON") gives you an electric shock while touching, your wiring could be faulty. Do not wear slippers/shoes when doing this test.

You may have stabilizers, but if your "Live" and "neutral" connections are reversed, either at the mains or in one of your power strippers, the above could result. Such a stray electric current (AC) could result in equipment damage.

regards,

Nitin.

Hi,

I'm simply asking you to check by touching your AVR connectors (LFE out, Line outs, component outputs etc), but NEVER speaker terminals.

If any of the above RCA terminals (with the AVR "ON") gives you an electric shock while touching, your wiring could be faulty. Do not wear slippers/shoes when doing this test.

You may have stabilizers, but if your "Live" and "neutral" connections are reversed, either at the mains or in one of your power strippers, the above could result. Such a stray electric current (AC) could result in equipment damage.

regards,

Nitin.

i'll try it tonight

Manu,

Here are the measurements taken for a broad range of sound pressure levels.

60 dB -> -16
65 dB -> -19
80 dB -> -13
90 dB -> - 7
100 dB -> - 1
105 dB -> 0.0
110dB -> +1.0

Equipment used

Onkyo 875
Wharfedale 9.5 speakers
Oppo 983 player

Speakers were 6 feet from each other and at a distance of 16 inches from the rear wall. All measurements were take using a Radio Shack analog SPL meter with weighting set to 'A'. The response was set to 'Fast'.

I suspect you were listening to the movie at around 100 to 105 dB, if the volume level on your 807 was at zero.

Cheers

Manu,

Here are the measurements taken for a broad range of sound pressure levels.

60 dB -> -16
65 dB -> -19
80 dB -> -13
90 dB -> - 7
100 dB -> - 1
105 dB -> 0.0
110dB -> +1.0

Equipment used

Onkyo 875
Wharfedale 9.5 speakers
Oppo 983 player

Speakers were 6 feet from each other and at a distance of 16 inches from the rear wall. All measurements were take using a Radio Shack analog SPL meter with weighting set to 'A'. The response was set to 'Fast'.

I suspect you were listening to the movie at around 100 to 105 dB, if the volume level on your 807 was at zero.

Cheers

thank you very very much sir ,just one thing did you measure from 14 feet away from floorstanding speakers and you were right about my listening to movie i was playing at 0 i guess that's why at that high volume i damage my polk psw 125 sub am i right

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back