Recent Visit To Singapore and Pricing Frustration

roseboy24

Dear All ,

I have recently visit Singapore and before my visit i have planed for adding some gadget in my currunt setup ( Pioneer VSX-1020 , Quad RL series Setup )
here is some feedback on pricing which i quoted in Singapore from Variuos dealers

1. Mederka (SImlim) pricing -- is really high for Pioneer VSX -1020 (almost 35~40k)
2. Marantz CD 6003 (420 SGD~37 Rs ) the pricing really suprise me because my brother took player 370 SGD last year from same dealer even pricing iam getting very simillour 410+ from Adelphi , Simlim ,Funan etc .

3. samsung led Tv i have checked 2 model pricing which i already buy here locally

Samsung 5500 Led smarty 40 inch -- 53k in singapore where 2month back i have buy same priicng for my brother from Sargam electronics
Samsung 6600 (200Hz) 3D LED 40 Inch in Mustafa -57k
4. IPad 2 --22k (16gb )

5. Blackberry Curve 12000+ :eek:hyeah: where locally avilable in India only 9990 Rs

6. lenses for Camera even better pricing .

kinldy correct my feedback if anyone gets better pricing from specific vendors (Niranjan i havnt check because of lack of time but last yrs i have checked there pricing even better then SImlim , Mustafa ,for LED tvs )

Last edited:
Niranjan is selling replica cameras which can straight away called duplicate camera's. I can prove it:) My friend got one Sony camera and I compared it with original and it is an FAKE one.

Please do not consider it as an shop.... Very worst customer service, but people are into it. You can better product and price at other places.

Singapore doesn't have much charm as earlier for straight buyers who are walking and buying in commercial shops, here one member rxxxx is there he roam in to streets and pot holes and get cheaper price, but he never divulge where he get it. That is an member mentality.:D

Simlim Can consider for buying small stuff specially leses which i claimed but beware of Masiayan shopkeepers , I have buyed Signa lens (70-300MM ) for my Nikon DSLR-7000 Camera .
I wanted to buy Marantz Cd 6003 but because of worst pricing can not make deal done .
Adelphi can consider for buying High-fi stuff like speckers Dac/Recivers .
Mustafa selling even higher pricing as compare to locally Indian pricing for LED and music systems .
so there is no sense for wasting time in Mustafa , Simlim , Adeplhi ....funan for serching for saving 30~40 % pricing , iam pretty sure hardly 5 % diffrence pricing diffrence beetween india for LED Tvs / Music systems cant comment for speckers

I had a similar experience in Bangkok that prices were being quoted higher than their counterparts in India unless i find local help from a forum member Ravin.

You need someone local, to take you to internal pathways in an alien land.

Cheers

Thanks for reply I have visited 9~10 times , yes i have local friend there but my bad luck .
I stated my brother buy last yrs MEdereka ...Cd 6003@370 SGD...but this time they gave 420 SGD and same happend on Adelphi , and SImlim ALPHA store .......
if you provide me full address for the shoppe which you suggesting i will check pricing tommrow by my sources .
by the way thanks for discusion ...

I used to buy a lot of stuff from SG till 3-4 years ago. I stopped buying there because of rising SG dollar. At that time, 1 SG$ was around Rs.25. I bought several marantz/denon/musical fidelity products there and sold them in India (after using them for 4-5 years) for almost at my buying price.

Now I buy from HK because their currency is fixed to US$ and prices are very competitive.

I bought several things from Alpha (SLS and Adelphi) but stopped it due to their bad attitude towards not so rich customers (mostly locals). But in Adelphi, next to Alpha shop you can try KEC sound. Their prices are very good and they are cooperative. My contact was Violet Chia <[email protected]>

Then in the basement, there is a shop which keeps marantz and other brands. I hope that they still exist. Some 10 years ago Adelphi was full of audio shops but the last time I visited it was looking more like a parlour/massage center.

Avoid buying cameras in SG. They are too expensive.

But you get projector at SLS at cheaper prices, the basic model of Benq/Infocus would cost around S$400-450. Lamps are also cheap there.

Have a good time in SG!

I agree,due to change in currency rates, purcahses from singapore is not completative as compare to other cournties. But still you are on the right time at right place you can get some deals.....at Harvey Norman, audio house..and many other retail chain stores offers time to time sale.

hi,
Buying in singapore dont go to Niranjan its really fake nad worst cutomer service..
You want to buy gadgets Look out for FUNAN MALL/ MUSTAFA . SIMLIM Square lost its charm after few raid by customs for fake goods..
the best time to buy Singapore COMEX exbi u can v good deals..

In one word - "Dont buy from Singapore" I use to buy products from Singapore few years back but now the prices quoted by most dealers are very high and sometimes it is available at same or even lower price in India.

Go for Hong Kong or Bangkok - but one must know the right place to get the best price.

What if I was living in Singapore(might be in a few months:)) and needed to buy basic speakers and a LCD TV ? Any suggestions where I might pick these up ?

I have the Audioengine A5 + AS8 here in India.

Does it make sense to take items like a laptop/mobile phone from India or will I get a better deal in Singapore ?

Last edited:
Does it make sense to take items like a laptop/mobile phone from India or will I get a better deal in Singapore ?
Does it really make sense to buy them again, anywhere, when you have already laid out for them once?

Depends entirely on how much it would cost you to ship them, I suppose...

Got a Marantz PM6003 arranged from Alpha Audio SG... Got a good deal compared to India... jus 390 SG-$ ..... my friend took the amp... will be receiving the same soon.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back