Recommend Jamo speakers and a compatible Receiver

kundanpro

These Jamo speakers were going cheap(I think). Please let me know if it is a good idea to buy these and recommend a matching receiver.

Jamo A 102 HCS 5 with Sub 200, for Rs: 15k, A 102 HCS 5 Home Cinema Systems - Description

Jamo S 406 HCS 1 with Sub 200, for Rs: 23k, S 406 HCS 1 Home Cinema Systems - Description

I listen to music 80% of the time and movies for 20%. The room size is 150 sqft an my tastes are rock, country rock, gazals (Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh) and recent hindi songs(rangrez, mera haqq ethe raqh). I know a 2.x setup is suited for music, but want to experience 5.1 / 7.1.

I plan to link the receiver's optical input to PC. For Tv it will be TataSkyHD and a BD player for movies.

Should I buy a Denon 1312 or Yamaha RX-V371 or better receiver to drive these speakers.

Please advise and also let me know your thoughts for a better setup at this price.

I started at denon 1312xp @ 32k available in Chandigarh, only I was not convinced with the one way speakers and the sub going really low. After listening to jbl cinema 300 + avr134 @ 40k my ears opened up to the possibilities, really what I heard was awesome. Thereafter I liked hearing the hkts9 + avr255 @ 65k even more though it may possibly be due to the more powerful subwoofer. Reading the threads here it seems the prices quoted to me here are somewhat expensive. One suggestion at the only premier store here was Mission mh3 speakers and what was surprising was that they are using centers for the front speakers. Is this a good idea @ 36k along with the sub? Or was it uncle scrooge on Christmas eve? I am discouraged enough and now inclined to just call htstore.in and order avr1312+jamo426hcs3+polkpsw110 @ 56k. I seem to be caught up in more economics rather than music appreciation. Please advice.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back