Recommendations for speakers

If you are looking at B&W 683 at 1.5+ lakh, then don't forget to audition the KEF R500.
These are very musical speakers. Infact, you can also look at the KEF bookshelf model R300. The KEF R series speakers are great sounding speakers. IMHO, they sound much better than even the Monitor Audio GX300.
Infact the KEF R series sound much better than the B&W CM series, as per many online reviews and customer feedbacks. However, I haven't heard the B&W 600 series or the CM series. Din't bother to audition them even when I was auditioning the Revel performa 3 at Decibels, who also had B&W for audition.

Last edited:
I too have indeed recommended the R series but the R300 with a sub. I had heard the CM FS and was not very impressed as against what I was expecting. However I gave benefit of doubt as the set up was not very conducive. The imaging was off and was being driven by an AVR so sounded okay'ish. Maybe it is time for another round of auditions [emoji39]

Quick note to OP - I checked up with Abhishek from Audio Dynamics and he mentioned that he no longer stocks ProAcs. So it is Focal and Neat FS for now.
He mentioned that he has got some deals running for the Focal 716 and 826 FS he has, along with the centers.
You may want to check up with him. I will PM his number to you.

ok folks.. After a lot of research, I've almost come to the conclusion that I'm going to build my speakers..
Not from scratch up. I dont have enough knowledge for that.. But getting good drivers and an established design, I think this will work..

Want to thank all for your valuable advice.

Will definitely post stuff when its getting done.. Still deciding on the drivers..

Thanks again all...

Seas Excel for the lows, Accuton Drivers for the mids and Raal ribbons for the highs will be a killer system.
Many ID companies in US use these drivers (Salk, Sellah, Ascendos, Vapor, Phill Harmonic)are some of the ID brands that use these drivers.

Seas Excel for the lows, Accuton Drivers for the mids and Raal ribbons for the highs will be a killer system.
Many ID companies in US use these drivers (Salk, Sellah, Ascendos, Vapor, Phill Harmonic)are some of the ID brands that use these drivers.

Thanks for the note.. My budget for the drivers and crossover is around 1000$ or about Rs. 65k; Am eyeing the scanspeak revelator tower.
Any thoughts?

The revelators are great speakers to and match closely to the seas excell range. However they are priced a bit high. So, if the pricing suites you then the revelators from scanspeakers are un doubtfully good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back