• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Recommended Configuration

Wharfedale EVO4.1 Bookshelf Speakers

harman

Dear Friends,

May I Request All U Experts To Recommend A Good Audio-video Configuration For Me.primarily For Music- Movies Only Occasionally. Speakers Etc Should Be Compact Since I Am In A Transferable Job.presently In An Overseas Appointment In Middle East-hence Obtaining Hardware From Abroad Is Also Possible.

Budget-upto 50 K,though Could Be Exceeded By Another 20 K Or So

cyrus

You can get a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R (Version 2) AV receiver and matching speakers to go with them. For the input source (to play DVD's and CD's) get Cambridge Audio Azur 540D CD/DVD Player.

harman

dear cyrus,

merci beacoup- but are these available in india? and for how much?would these be available cheaper in middle east -where i am now- i think worth exploring-no?

thanx alot again.

-harman

cyrus

dear cyrus,

merci beacoup- but are these available in india? and for how much?would these be available cheaper in middle east -where i am now- i think worth exploring-no?

thanx alot again.

-harman

The Cambridge Audio Azur 540R (Version 2) AV receiver costs around INR 34000.00 and the Cambridge Audio Azur 540D CD/DVD Player costs around INR 18000.00 in India.

SuhasG

Prices I checked in the last month are

640C and 640A ( CDP and Amp) are around 26K each.

640 series is new improved version of older 540 series.

Jagat

Hi Harman have you taken the plunge yet and bought the av kit??

I have heard the Azur 540R with B & W DM303 and they were amazing. Check them out!

harman

Hi Guys!

Thanx For The Tips. I'm Yet To Take The Plunge.
Cambridge Audio Azur 540 R Is Retailing For 38k At Chandigarh-mite Beyond My Budget. As Per Advice Of Experts Like U Guys, I Was Planning To Spend Around 35-40% Of My Budget Of Around 50 K On Avr And Bal On Sub And Speakers . Haven't Heard B & W Dm303 Yet- Any Idea About Their Cost-jagat?

Please Keep The Suggestions Poring In-i Need Them.

Take Care,

-harman

harman

friends,

From the advise of audioholics on web, i garnered that the critical component of a good system is the AVR- which are expensive in india. Accordingly, since I was in mid-east, decided to buy at least AVR from here. Ultimately I got a package deal- Denon AVR-1306 with DHT-1356 XP HTIB set - for 595 $. Sound is great- both movies and music are great.On arrival in india, I plan to buy two bookshelf wharfedale speakers - which I have learnt cost diamond 9.1 for Rs 12500 or diamond 9.2 for Rs 14000 as front left and right speakers- for music primarily, since the sattelite speakers of the HTIB are small. Hopefully in this manner I should have a good system under Rs 50 K- which I feel is good enuff(I already have a DVD player with progressive scan).Dunno if what I have done/ am planning - is correct or not. Any suggestions,advice, criticism is welcome.

Anil

The Wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2 speakers would be a definate improvement over the Denon HTIB!

harman

guys,

just realised-Since the AVR has pre-out for the woofer, will the wharfedale speakers give bass effect when connected in direct stereo mode or will I have still need to switch on the woofer. The reason I am asking is that I had planned to put the wharfedale speakers in my living room while the other components are in my bedroom with the TV.

-may sound basic-but like i said-i am a novice !!

Anil

In that case instead of just going for the 9.1's you should get the DIAMOND 9 HCP which includes the excellent SW-150 active subwooer which can be connected to the AVR pre-out.