Recommended Configuration

harman

Dear Friends,

May I Request All U Experts To Recommend A Good Audio-video Configuration For Me.primarily For Music- Movies Only Occasionally. Speakers Etc Should Be Compact Since I Am In A Transferable Job.presently In An Overseas Appointment In Middle East-hence Obtaining Hardware From Abroad Is Also Possible.

Budget-upto 50 K,though Could Be Exceeded By Another 20 K Or So

You can get a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R (Version 2) AV receiver and matching speakers to go with them. For the input source (to play DVD's and CD's) get Cambridge Audio Azur 540D CD/DVD Player.

dear cyrus,

merci beacoup- but are these available in india? and for how much?would these be available cheaper in middle east -where i am now- i think worth exploring-no?

thanx alot again.

-harman

dear cyrus,

merci beacoup- but are these available in india? and for how much?would these be available cheaper in middle east -where i am now- i think worth exploring-no?

thanx alot again.

-harman

The Cambridge Audio Azur 540R (Version 2) AV receiver costs around INR 34000.00 and the Cambridge Audio Azur 540D CD/DVD Player costs around INR 18000.00 in India.

Prices I checked in the last month are

640C and 640A ( CDP and Amp) are around 26K each.

640 series is new improved version of older 540 series.

Hi Harman have you taken the plunge yet and bought the av kit??

I have heard the Azur 540R with B & W DM303 and they were amazing. Check them out!

Hi Guys!

Thanx For The Tips. I'm Yet To Take The Plunge.
Cambridge Audio Azur 540 R Is Retailing For 38k At Chandigarh-mite Beyond My Budget. As Per Advice Of Experts Like U Guys, I Was Planning To Spend Around 35-40% Of My Budget Of Around 50 K On Avr And Bal On Sub And Speakers . Haven't Heard B & W Dm303 Yet- Any Idea About Their Cost-jagat?

Please Keep The Suggestions Poring In-i Need Them.

Take Care,

-harman

friends,

From the advise of audioholics on web, i garnered that the critical component of a good system is the AVR- which are expensive in india. Accordingly, since I was in mid-east, decided to buy at least AVR from here. Ultimately I got a package deal- Denon AVR-1306 with DHT-1356 XP HTIB set - for 595 $. Sound is great- both movies and music are great.On arrival in india, I plan to buy two bookshelf wharfedale speakers - which I have learnt cost diamond 9.1 for Rs 12500 or diamond 9.2 for Rs 14000 as front left and right speakers- for music primarily, since the sattelite speakers of the HTIB are small. Hopefully in this manner I should have a good system under Rs 50 K- which I feel is good enuff(I already have a DVD player with progressive scan).Dunno if what I have done/ am planning - is correct or not. Any suggestions,advice, criticism is welcome.

The Wharfedale 9.1 or 9.2 speakers would be a definate improvement over the Denon HTIB!

guys,

just realised-Since the AVR has pre-out for the woofer, will the wharfedale speakers give bass effect when connected in direct stereo mode or will I have still need to switch on the woofer. The reason I am asking is that I had planned to put the wharfedale speakers in my living room while the other components are in my bedroom with the TV.

-may sound basic-but like i said-i am a novice !!

In that case instead of just going for the 9.1's you should get the DIAMOND 9 HCP which includes the excellent SW-150 active subwooer which can be connected to the AVR pre-out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back