Record Cleaning Machine - Which One Is Worth It?

I remember reading an article on a new record cleaner (about a month back IIRC) which was hand operated, like a cd cleaner. It enclosed a record. Will try to find the link

Lifebuoy liquid soap or Pril and a genuine 3M scotch wipe works very well for me. The record is not ready to play even after you wipe it dry with the 3M wipe. It will need a couple of minutes under a fan for it to be playable.

Interesting.

Does one need some sort of a A-to-D to plug in TT's output (or is it phono stage output) to the PC/laptop?
Joshua

No Joshua. From TT to amp from amp preout to line in of PC soundcard. With professional recording software (Adobe Audition etc.) one can view levels as well as playing data.
I guess we can take output from speaker as well but at very very low volume.

Ok guys... here is another update on my findings of a good VFM RCM!

this one is by KAB and it is so simple that it is brilliant!

beats everything else @ just $159!

Does everything that a VPI or Nitty Gritty machines do! One just needs to connect a Vacuum Cleaner to it! (this I al;ready have!)

KAB EV-1 RECORD CLEANER AT KABUSA.COM

a video of the thingee in action:

‪KAB EV-1‬‏ - YouTube

Ok guys... here is another update on my findings of a good VFM RCM!

this one is by KAB and it is so simple that it is brilliant!

beats everything else @ just $159!

Does everything that a VPI or Nitty Gritty machines do! One just needs to connect a Vacuum Cleaner to it! (this I al;ready have!)

KAB EV-1 RECORD CLEANER AT KABUSA.COM

a video of the thingee in action:

‪KAB EV-1‬‏ - YouTube
Hi Malvai,

I already post this on my first post.I think you missed my first post in this thread.KAB Ev has got very good reviews on NET.And KEvin of KABUSA is very nice person to deal.

Regards,

Sachin

Hi Malvai,

I already post this on my first post.I think you missed my first post in this thread.KAB Ev has got very good reviews on NET.And KEvin of KABUSA is very nice person to deal.

Regards,

Sachin

i think i missed your post bro...

and yeah... this little gadget seems to be the best option in terms of value and utility!

i think i missed your post bro...

and yeah... this little gadget seems to be the best option in terms of value and utility!

Yes Malvai, I also think so.You can also build one using any old TT.You can get that VPI suction tube from here Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472
http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo....em=23&mitem=29

See this thread of DIY audio.
My DIY record cleaner. - diyAudio

Regards,

Sachin

its been a month or a wee bit more since I bought myself an RCM... and i thought i should atleast update all the folks who took interest int his thread....

after looking at all thr pro's and cons I finally decided to go for a Nitty Gritty 2.5 Fi... and it truly is something that works for me!

very convenient and really simple to use!

its been a month or a wee bit more since I bought myself an RCM... and i thought i should atleast update all the folks who took interest int his thread....

after looking at all thr pro's and cons I finally decided to go for a Nitty Gritty 2.5 Fi... and it truly is something that works for me!

very convenient and really simple to use!

Hey Malvai,

Glad to hear your experience with the nitty gritty is good, I wish I had auto fluid application but so be it. What do you use for brushes to clean your records? I find the felt brush that comes with the nitty gritty works well for the rinse cycle but I use the VPI brush (black body white bristles) for cleaning it allows me to scrub the records to help release stubborn dirt. The brush is rigid enough to help release the dirt but not harm the record. You should try steaming your records with a hand steamer with nozzle tip. I'm not sure how easy it is on the nitty gritty but if you can figure out a way it pay off. My records shine after doing so just don't leave in one spot to long. i run the vacuum pump as i steam. Enjoy.:)

Andrew

I used to use the Acoustech CF brush ealrier and found it to be completely inadequeate... then I switched to a 3M Scotchbrite cloth (usually used for cleaning cd's) and that worked waaaaaaaaay better for the dry cleaning...

alternatively, i find even the spin clean pads to be a really good option for a quick dry clean!

I am yet to experiment with "steam"... but as of now, the Nitty Gritty is just great... ALL the surface noise disappears! (unless of course the record itslef is noisy, and some of the old stuff that I bought, seems to be this way...)

for the stylus cleaning I use Onzow Zero Dust.... it is simply superb! and very gentle on the stylus.

Last edited:
Congrats Malvai!

Came across this thread rather late. Cadence used to make and export a cleaning machine...wonder if they still do that...did you check up with them?

Nitty Gritty is one helluva RCM, a lot more VFM than the VPI. Where did you get it from? and for how much?

I got it from Prithvi - a demo product at a decent price... its MRP is usually around 70k in India (if I am not mistaken)...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back