Redoing MY HT

Adjust to? Increase the volume at certain frequencies?
Yes. app cebter curve may be soft sounding. You need to find what frequencies are soft or poorly audible. You can raise those to desired level in audyssey app.

Last edited:
Do try out the Indiq Custom LCR, I have the Platinum Achal FS (LCR use the same drivers if am not wrong) and they sound good with sufficient amount of details at low volumes for music. I believe they should work in a similar way for movies too and you have the trial period of 15 days to evaluate against the Dali and see if they indeed are an improvement at low volumes

In my experience, Regarding dialogue clarity, source also matters. When I play Netflix on my lg TV app, sound is dull compared to when I play Netflix on Xbox one x
Yeah not all source have the same center channel performance. But in my chain zensor vokal fails wen master volume is at 60db. At usual listening levels 70-80db I have no complaints.
Yes. app cebter curve may be soft sounding. You need to find what frequencies are soft or poorly audible. You can raise those to desired level in audyssey app.
well it’s not easy and May mess up. I better upgrade my center but any ways thanks for the suggestion and may be useful on some other areas for improvements
Do try out the Indiq Custom LCR, I have the Platinum Achal FS (LCR use the same drivers if am not wrong) and they sound good with sufficient amount of details at low volumes for music. I believe they should work in a similar way for movies too and you have the trial period of 15 days to evaluate against the Dali and see if they indeed are an improvement at low volumes
well I have auditioned the xtz 95.33 many months back and it sounded very good.Now they have upgraded the 95.33 center speaker tweeters to 99 series which should have good improvements. Will be auditioning it at my place next month.

Yeah not all source have the same center channel performance. But in my chain zensor vokal fails wen master volume is at 60db. At usual listening levels 70-80db I have no complaints.

well it’s not easy and May mess up. I better upgrade my center but any ways thanks for the suggestion and may be useful on some other areas for improvements

well I have auditioned the xtz 95.33 many months back and it sounded very good.Now they have upgraded the 95.33 center speaker tweeters to 99 series which should have good improvements. Will be auditioning it at my place next month.

Yup XTZ certainly are good, was recommending the Indiq lineup as I found it to be easier to drive and clear at low volumes too for music (assuming this would carry over to movies also)

Yup XTZ certainly are good, was recommending the Indiq lineup as I found it to be easier to drive and clear at low volumes too for music (assuming this would carry over to movies also)
Ok but I only prefer brands that my dealer sells so Indiq is out of my list.

Ok but I only prefer brands that my dealer sells so Indiq is out of my list.
I see, then XTZ is worth considering. I had auditioned the 95.44 which were more lively than the Spirit 11 but the Spirit 11 overall presentation, vocal tonality seemed much better to me. 95.44 was little simlar to KEF Q950 in terms of the presentation

I see, then XTZ is worth considering. I had auditioned the 95.44 which were more lively than the Spirit 11 but the Spirit 11 overall presentation, vocal tonality seemed much better to me. 95.44 was little simlar to KEF Q950 in terms of the presentation
Ok any ways I’ll audition it at my place and then only decide
Get a coaxial centre channel with narrow dispersion angle..
Better clarity is guaranteed in your case.
can u list few models please ?

So as planned going dual xtz with a minor change in the second sub. Instead of 12.17 I have got the 10.17 to save space. Also got the xtz 95.33. Pics in below post. Haven’t run audyssey but just to test the Center I used the existing audyssey which was run for the zensor vokal. At one or two scenes I noticed the xtz at 50-55db is loud as the zensor vokal at 70-75db. After audyssey it should give even better results.

Post in thread 'My HT Journey so far and counting'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/my-ht-journey-so-far-and-counting.76341/post-939877

Dear FM’s

I have posted my xtz 12.17 for sale. Reason behind is I am planing to setup a HT that has a soft sound stage vs a loud and dynamic sound stage. Was thinking of going dual sealed 10 inc subs like the Rel HT1003. Main reason is Tinitus due to minimal hearing loss cause of loud noise damage. I thought dual sealed subs and listen at low volumes. But again it got me thinking loud noise damage mostly must be due to the high frequencies compared to low frequencies and when I measured the LF it was at 90 dB at 18-50hz and beyond 50hz 90-100 max which isn’t loud enough for ear damage.So I am thinking to go dual xtz 12.17 as planned but change my speakers or add a good PA. Before I was listening at 75-80db master volume. Now my goal is to watch at 55-60db. At my current set up only the dynamic scenes are loud enough at 55-60 dB master volume and dialogues are not audible at all. So what can I do to improve this? Should I get high sensitivity speakers and add a good PA. Normally I audition and decide but given the current condition I don’t want to audition as it will expose my ears to a lot of loud noise again. Going to re do based on expert opinions alone.
what did you pick? REL ?

Dear FM’s

I have posted my xtz 12.17 for sale. Reason behind is I am planing to setup a HT that has a soft sound stage vs a loud and dynamic sound stage. Was thinking of going dual sealed 10 inc subs like the Rel HT1003. Main reason is Tinitus due to minimal hearing loss cause of loud noise damage. I thought dual sealed subs and listen at low volumes. But again it got me thinking loud noise damage mostly must be due to the high frequencies compared to low frequencies and when I measured the LF it was at 90 dB at 18-50hz and beyond 50hz 90-100 max which isn’t loud enough for ear damage.So I am thinking to go dual xtz 12.17 as planned but change my speakers or add a good PA. Before I was listening at 75-80db master volume. Now my goal is to watch at 55-60db. At my current set up only the dynamic scenes are loud enough at 55-60 dB master volume and dialogues are not audible at all. So what can I do to improve this? Should I get high sensitivity speakers and add a good PA. Normally I audition and decide but given the current condition I don’t want to audition as it will expose my ears to a lot of loud noise again. Going to re do based on expert opinions alone.
I was having the same issue: Dialogues Not Audible. I shifted to Beyma speakers and the problem is gone.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back