Reel-to-reel enthusiasts?

Santhosh,

Let's talk on phone. I have quite a bit of experience on this deck.

Cheers.

Wow!! Thats great Anil, we'll talk. I will also clean it up and keep it ready, so you can show me how to use this deck, when you drop by:clapping:.

I have two Reel 2 Reel machines and few hundreds of pre-recorded spools....in my collection

1. A SONY TC 230 STEREO Made in USA 110 V , with speakers.
644h.jpg

i9n8.jpg

6zc3.jpg

2. AKAI 4000ds-MKII- Got it in brand new condition. The person got it did not even open the original box and kept it unused for more than 25 years
u0po.jpg

I have an AKAI GX630D in almost brand new condition, in original box and packing. It has very little use but since it was stored for ages, it has a ceased motor. Waiting to get to fixing it up.

Hi Folks,

I'm new to reel-reel-. Have recently acquired a Grundig TK 46 in very good condition. Still to get physical delivery of it. But, I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who has some good recordings of English/Western music on spool? Would be grateful is anyone can help in this regard.

He he he vinylshakti. I have a bunch of reels as well as a few reel to reels players too.
I may be getting one today. I have had the akai 4000, pioneer 707, sony 580 and several more. Teac, akai, pioneer etc. I still own a GX365 akai, a sony 752 (I think) and a few more and have lots of music as well. The reels have worked well, I dont believe they sound as good a s vinyl, but they also dont deterioate as fast. I put these all in storage because we were going to move but then our house didn't sell and we ended up not moving. Need to get the vinyl and the reels out of storage.
Cool.
Srinath.

These machines are from the golden age of audio........now we have to live with the cheap Chinese products.......the downfall of the Japanese audio giants is very sad for audiophiles......

Hi Friends,

Great to see This Thread and it is my Dream to own one such Excellent RTR, and few good Tapes too

Some day i would surely get one, before that i should plan to build a Rack which will Hold , Turntable, RTR, Pre- amp , Power Amp, CDP, LP's & CD's

Regards

Tanoj

I would be glad to hear about the pros and cons of owning an Akai 4000 from those who own or have used it in the past.

There is one on sale in Gwalior on olx.in for Rs 10,000. Would it be a good buy or can I get something better for the price? I would like to hear of any other spool or reel to reel tape recorders that may be for sale.

Regards.

I would be glad to hear about the pros and cons of owning an Akai 4000 from those who own or have used it in the past.

There is one on sale in Gwalior on olx.in for Rs 10,000. Would it be a good buy or can I get something better for the price? I would like to hear of any other spool or reel to reel tape recorders that may be for sale.

Regards.

I've had a few of these. Including one I own now that needs a pinch roller.
The speed switch is a bushing on the spindle. A bit weird, and easy to lose. So make sure the thing has the bushing and make sure the rollers are OK, that's about it, pretty decent deck.
Cool.
Srinath.

I have two Reel 2 Reel machines and few hundreds of pre-recorded spools....in my collection

1. A SONY TC 230 STEREO Made in USA 110 V , with speakers.
644h.jpg

i9n8.jpg

6zc3.jpg

2. AKAI 4000ds-MKII- Got it in brand new condition. The person got it did not even open the original box and kept it unused for more than 25 years
u0po.jpg

Hello AnilKumar
Just saw ur post saying a brand new R2R stored unused for last 25 years...
I have same issue with my R2R, I have Akai 270D in real new condition which was unopened since 1976.
Now when I am trying to record some song over to reel from LP's....But recording signal gets weaker right after 2 mins of recording....no matter how many times I tried it....Any suggestions by Reel experts...

you may need to take a look at the caps in the bias oscillator section, this is the usual pain area with reel-2-reel recording issues and its calibration can also be quite taxing.

Hello all

Can anyone help me?

One of my friend is interested in buying Studer A807

There is one selling on ebay but not sure about conditon.

Please anyone selling or know anything about seller pls let me know

My no. is 7977029011

Ideally, I'd love to own the Akai GX-77,
Worst machine which I had owned. This machine is very famous for the problematic rewind and fast forward operation. 99% of the this model machines do have this problem. No long lasting remedy. I suffered a lot.

Hello all

Can anyone help me?

One of my friend is interested in buying Studer A807

There is one selling on ebay but not sure about conditon.

Please anyone selling or know anything about seller pls let me know

My no. is 7977029011
i have an studer a807 with original stand in mint and working condition. pm me if u r keen on buying it

Back