Rega Exact Cartridge

I don't have any experience using it on a Technics, but I have used it on a Rega table - a P3-24 to be "exact" - (sorry for the pun) and it is an amazing cartridge when paired with that table, however, I do think a lot of that lies in how the cart itself is engineered to work best with Rega tables. Other carts require spacers etc, but this cart is the perfect height and level for Rega tables. However, unfortunately, I did find a few issues with this cart that were quite significant and fairly widespread among users, namely 1) There may be a slight grounding issue with this cart, as if you turn the volume beyond the 12 o clock mark there is noticeable hum, which other users have also reported. 2) The cantilever may be a bit weak, because i was able to cleanly rip the stylus out during a routine cleaning, which has never happened with any other cart. Since the stylus is not replaceable, i ended up with a fairly new cart that has to be junked, since there is no cartridge replacement program here in India.

All this being said, I would buy the cart again just because of how well it pairs with my table. YMMMV.

Hope that is helpful.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back