Regarding Banana Plugs

Well I don't find any audible differences for me. I am satisfied with the performance. My speakers haven't even broken in yet. Once they break in enough I may try again without plugs to see any diference. But that won't happen anytime soon.
I ordered the same yesterday, will get the pack by Saturday.

Well I don't find any audible differences for me. I am satisfied with the performance. My speakers haven't even broken in yet. Once they break in enough I may try again without plugs to see any diference. But that won't happen anytime soon.
hmmn okie, heard negative stuff about Nakamachi plug like the silver cover breaking off etc. In build wuailty i think the amazon basics should be good.

hmmn okie, heard negative stuff about Nakamachi plug like the silver cover breaking off etc. In build wuailty i think the amazon basics should be good.
I haven't heard the same, but Amazon basics were easy to get, cheaper and look good too plus they sure as hell aren't breaking even if you throw them.
I don't think there might be a lot of difference in the sound quality in both. Something more "premium" may have better sound.

I ordered the same yesterday, will get the pack by Saturday.
Do look at my post few posts above for tips for neat installation using heatshrink. I'll send you the links for cheap heatshrink from AliExpress if you want.
Waiting for the pics of your setup and your feedback.

yes, they are good, except they don't terminate that well. Screw ones are good but this will do till i get other better plugs.

yes, they are good, except they don't terminate that well. Screw ones are good but this will do till i get other better plugs.
I got nice fix though. I was also looking for Norstone but those were 1000-1500 for 2 pairs. So I went with A.basics.

haha how the two looks :p there among those golden plugs

Yeh they look malnourished. Have been wanting to change them forever, just my laziness kept me away from actually doing it. The cables came with these plugs. Although I would have loved to have just bare wires going into the speaker, the thick gauge of the cable demands a plug.

MaSh

The A basic plugs are good, only issues is fitting 12 awg or lower in this plugs is a pita. For 14 awg & higher these plugs are good.

Banana plugs do change sound signature.Need to check neutral one.
Tried MX, Nakamachi,Monoprice,all has different signature.

Monster Quick-Lock connectors also very good and it's made with good idea and good material. Thanks.Monster Gold Flex Pin connectors.jpg

Yes you are right on that. Listened for about 2 hours today and noticed a change in the sound. Everything seems to have become sharper. The Highs have cleared out, the mids sound more prominent than before, the bass also surprisingly has tightened up. Everything is just a tad bit more cleaner.

I guess it could be down to the bad quality metal in the old plugs.

MaSh

Hi, it would be very enlightening to fms if you could describe the change in sound signature of each of the banana plugs you have tried.

I felt sound was warmer with little conpromise in details was monoprice plug.

Nakamachi which l got used to enhance treble.

MX ordinary used to reduce overall soundstage in my system.
Also used DAC gold plated,which were good but little loss in details.
Bare wire gives better sound unless very well banana plugs in market are used.

Yes you are right on that. Listened for about 2 hours today and noticed a change in the sound. Everything seems to have become sharper. The Highs have cleared out, the mids sound more prominent than before, the bass also surprisingly has tightened up. Everything is just a tad bit more cleaner.

I guess it could be down to the bad quality metal in the old plugs.

MaSh

Which banana plugs you got?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back