Regarding Banana Plugs

This one is bit different need to bring down the copper wires that's what I got from the image pointed by @MaSh

Yes thats correct. Need unscrew the bottom part, take the cable through it and then spread out the core wires around the top rim above the threads. Then screw it back to the top part. The wire is held tight with a nice firm contact.

Although it was a royal pain to spread out the core in my case. Each core wire is a thick metal copper wire. I can do just about 3 or 4 strands of the core, not more.

Okay, I just saw the Amazon link. The last picture in the product page gives instructions on how to fit it. This is exactly how the shielding of some types of BNC connectors are made. It's definitely more fiddly than simple screw but I'm guessing it will provide a much more secure connection since the two barrels will press it together. Very nice connector:)

I would say this is a lot more robust than the screw type. Here once the two parts are screwed there is no way the cable can come out or slip away from the plug. On the other hand, I have seen the screw unable to hold the wire in the same manner.

MaSh

Ok i finally got my sewell direct banana plugs from US. I was using amazon basic ones which i bought just 1.5 months back.
I won't need them so if anyone is interested in them send me a PM.

Cheers.

Installed some basic Amazon Banana plugs with basic Amazon speaker wire. The setup is Amazon v rx 583 and Dali Zensor 3

I am using chord Odyssey 2 cable which is silver plated over copper, reading the discussion of brass here i am thinking if Furez 40AG banana having similar material would be better suited for me. Any suggestions

Hmmm ...
Did physics take a vacation? What does this even mean.
Cheers,
Raghu

Right you are, here it is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Annealed_Copper_Standard

Quoted from above

The average resistanceof the samples was determined to be 0.15292 Ω for copper wires with a mass of 1 gram of uniform cross section and 1 meter in length at 20 °C. In the United States this is usually written as "0.15292 ohm (meter, gram) at 20 °C".

Look at the below quote from https://www.douglasconnection.com/F...r-Banana-Plug-Connectors-Pair-FZTSTSB40Ag.htm

The TST-SB40 series banana speaker cable plug connectors are offered without plating (app. 93% IACS), with direct gold plating (app. 76% IACS) or with direct silver plating (app. 105% IACS) to suit a variety of installation requirements. Nickel (app. 24%IACS), Rhodium (app. 39% IACS) and Platinum (16% IACS) are not used in our plating schemes because these low conductivity metals only take away from the electrical performance of the connector while adding cost. Hard metals like rhodium really are only advantageous in connectors that require extreme resistance to abrasion from extensive repeated rubbing which is not typically associated with AV connections. IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard) is the standard by which conductivity of copper alloys and metals are compared.

Now the above explains physics but not sonic benefits which is what I am unsure. But reading previous posts above its seems majority basic plugs are brass made

I find cleaning up of the ht rack easier with detachable cables facilitated by banana plugs

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back