Region free HDMI DVD player @ Mitashi or ......

I am based in Bangalore, have all the movies burnt on dvd disks, i download whatever stuff i need,

I will touch bases with you next time I am in Bangalore. Have spent many years of my childhood there, but it has changed a lot now.

What kind of movies do you watch? I am mainly into English and with the addition of my HT System I am busy building a 5.1 collection since all my 2 channel rips don't do justice on the Onkyo sadly.

Last edited:
I will touch bases with you next time I am in Bangalore. Have spent many years of my childhood there, but it has changed a lot now.

BTW where you do d/l stuff from? I use torrents and mainly Isohunt...

What kind of movies do you watch? I am mainly into English and with the addition of my HT System I am busy building a 5.1 collection since all my 2 channel rips don't do justice on the Onkyo sadly.

Please refrain from discussing the site names of T**rent sites. It may cause problems for this nice forum especially when all these sites are facing the heat in the form of lawsuits from Leading Media Houses all over the world.

Please refrain from discussing the site names of T**rent sites. It may cause problems for this nice forum especially when all these sites are facing the heat in the form of lawsuits from Leading Media Houses all over the world.

Done an edit. You can also edit your reply and my quote of it and the thread will be clean. Totally agree with ya and shall refrain henceforth!!!

Thanks Ravi peter, but I already searched this site, they dont have region hacks for lg dv 388 & samsung 1080pk.:confused:

Now someone has posted regn code hack in the above site for LG DV388.:):clapping:

Now ??

It was posted some time ago in the "Dvd Player with USB" thread and it works. But max LG DVD players are being shipped region free. But all the same it never hurts to confirm !

moserbaer 6988g and 6988b

Can moser baer 6988b or 6988g dvd players play DTS? Or can any of these two models output DTS signals via the OPTICAL DIGITAL OUT or COAXIAL DIGITAL OUT (that can then be fed into an amplifier that can playback DTS/dts)?
Thanks!

Happy, the Mitashi is not meant for serious home use. It is meant for shops and commercial establishments, and for people who don't care about the quality of the output. At that cost, the manufacturer will have cut many corners.

Please look for players from LG, Samsung, Pioneer and Philips. Most of these brands are being used by different members here and they are all happy with it. If the LG is region locked, I am sure there must be easy ways of unlocking it. These will cost you between 5 to 7 thousand rupees.

Around the price of the Mitashi, better models are Moserbaer MB-6988 at 2,990, Onida Candy at 3,990, and the Onida DFX-5985 at 3,290.

Cheers

Can moser baer 6988b or 6988g dvd players play DTS? Or can any of these two models output DTS signals via the OPTICAL DIGITAL OUT or COAXIAL DIGITAL OUT (that can then be fed into an amplifier that can playback DTS/dts)?
Thanks!

Also I wonder whats the diff between DTS and dts ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LG DV 388 is region free I think. I will check the manual and get back to you on that !

LG is region coded . Just checked it in the manual !

all players can be made region-free (or region-specific) by using codes that your service personnel would know. recently called over LG guys at home and in a jiffy they were able to turn my R5 player into All Region. the screen they called had choices for switching to R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, and All!!

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back