Reliance BIG TV HD DVR Brochure

Can you please post a picture with higher resolution? This one is not readable; and I couldn't find any reference on the BIG TV site.

What are the HD channels promised? Is there HDMI/Digital out for Audio/Video?

Is there multichannel sound?

Last edited:
will never take Reliance services.

@manish26264

Instead of giving an open ended comment, can you elaborate on why you are not in favor of Reliance Services? If you had a bad product or service experience, please narrate it here. It will help others also. I have read and heard several horror stories relating to Reliance products, so your review may be worth putting down here.

I was using Reliance land line telephone and internet connection, I started getting billed for internet usage which I did not use, I discontinued their services, paid all the dues stating them that I want to discontinue the service. they took the equipment from my site. thereafter I received their bill for internet services, when inquired they said that you have to pay these as per the terms and conditions. I didnot pay that bill stating I am not going pay for the service which I didnot used. recently I got Phone call stating that it was from the High Court Delhi, stating that a case is registered under your name and your lawer is _ and this is his mobile no. I contacted on that No. that person told me that you pay that amount at reliance center or you will have to pay ten times that amount in the High Court, New Delhi.

I was using Reliance land line telephone and internet connection, I started getting billed for internet usage which I did not use, I discontinued their services, paid all the dues stating them that I want to discontinue the service. they took the equipment from my site. thereafter I received their bill for internet services, when inquired they said that you have to pay these as per the terms and conditions. I didnot pay that bill stating I am not going pay for the service which I didnot used. recently I got Phone call stating that it was from the High Court Delhi, stating that a case is registered under your name and your lawer is _ and this is his mobile no. I contacted on that No. that person told me that you pay that amount at reliance center or you will have to pay ten times that amount in the High Court, New Delhi.

It might be possible that your internet connection is unsecured and neighbour might have used on wireless. I am just guessing this part.
unasked advice : IMO, do not worry about phone calls, until you get court notice. If the amount in question is not in xxxx figure I don't think so they are going to court. Approach consumer court if you are correct, ask for demage and mental trauma.

chirag007 is correct. i faced a similar problem with a different mobile service provider. on a later date i found out that these calls were made from a collection agency outsourced by the company to harass / intimidate customers so that they pay up. i believe that both the initial caller and the "layer" are fake. you need not take any action until you receive a written official communication from the company / court.
hope this helps.

Yes its been launched at price tag of 7990 and for existing customers its 5990,its supposedly cost slightly less for south indian customers.
currently only NGC Hd is available.

will never take Reliance services.

+1000

Code:
http://vu-point.blogspot.com/2008/11/big-tv-or-big-hoax.html

I bought 3 connections of Reliance BiG TV for 1 year. 2 connections NEVER WORKED!! and wrong plan was activated on the third one. Consumer care was pathetic as usual and wasted my 2 months.

I filed a complaint in consumer forum and instead of correcting their mistake they said telecom cases cant be filed in Consumer court thanks to Indian telegraph act of 1885.

I mentioned a whole lot of points on why there reasoning was flawed but Consumer court thought otherwise maybe because of a nexus because there were GLARING OMMISSIONS in the Judgement given by the judge.

wow this "high court" story is really scary. That is absolute fraud. Don't anyone listen to a "phone call from the high court". Someone should report this. This is a scandal. Thank you for informing me of these practices. I will also steer clear of Reliance products. Although my employer supplies me with a data card, they handle all interactions directly including paying the bill.

Is this HD service available without going for a DVR? I went to Big TV's website but could not find any info about that. This looks more like a marketing trick to me; forcing people to buy a costly DVR if they want HD channels.

the only hd channel supported is nat geo.
the stb had a port called hdmi on the back, but it had a plastic cover on it which i was not able to remove, i think it was disabled or something, though i didnt try hard enough. the people at the store had no idea what is hdmi:)
this was in the reliance store in mota arcade on brigade road. the stb was on display. i didnt pay enough attention to other outputs.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back