Reliance Bigflix DVD Rental closing down

haisaikat

All,
I heard today that Reliance DVD rental called bigflix is closing down due to poor customer base. So they are not delivering any new titles even after requesting. Moreover their customer service is not responsive now. What I wonder is about what they are going to do with our pending membership val;ues. Some sating that they might give us back DVDs in return. Anyonme heard of it?

I got call today from bigflix customer care saying that they are "upgrading" to bigflix plus which is online viewing of movies on my same existing plan with same validity. However as a one time they are going to ship me 75 original DVDs (i think mere copies) within next 7 working days. I was on unlimited 2 disc at a time annual plan with 11 months left.

Well thats bad. Online option should not be forced on existing customers. Thats not what a customer friendly company would do. Everyone may not have good broadband connection.

I told them the same and they said that in such a case I can lend my id / password to my friends who have good internet connection.

I think it's one of the ways of handling piracy. I've heard of people renting discs and copying them.

Inevitable and a neccessary evil I guess...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back