Reliance Broadband - Is it Good ?

deba

Dear All,

Presently I am using the BSNL Braodband 512 kbps plan and want to switch to Reliance Broadband with 1 (day) and 2 (night) Mbps unlimited plans.

I do a lot of torrent download in my present BSNL Broadband connection, Will I be able to do so in Reliance Broadband or will I be warned by them to check my download limit. Do they monitor the users surfing and downloading.

Feed back from actaul users will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(from Central Kolkata)

I use the unlimited 500-600 kbps plan (most probably the same as yours).
I haven't faced any "monitoring" issues till now (4 years).

Dear All,

Presently I am using the BSNL Braodband 512 kbps plan and want to switch to Reliance Broadband with 1 (day) and 2 (night) Mbps unlimited plans.

I do a lot of torrent download in my present BSNL Broadband connection, Will I be able to do so in Reliance Broadband or will I be warned by them to check my download limit. Do they monitor the users surfing and downloading.

Feed back from actaul users will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(from Central Kolkata)

I am using 2mbps/1GB plan. I download torrents only occassionally. Never faced any issues.
Suggest you check if there is any Fair Usage Policy(FUP) with Unlimited plans and what is the cap. I am sure it would be there.

if your local area does not have alliance cable broadband then I suggest you upgrade your bsnl plan, I user UL 1350 Plus where 250 landline calls are free and first 20GB is 4mbps and thereafter 512 kbps. Have you selected any plan of reliance?

I have been using Reliance Broadband for nearly 2 years now and I love it. I use their Night Booster Zoom 1 plan which is 1 Mbps during day and 2 Mbps during night (10 PM to 8 AM). It costs about Rs 1600 a month and doesn't have any download limit or FUP (my monthly bandwidth usage is about 80GB, never had any issues). The cost will come down if you pay in quarterly, half yearly or yearly.

They have one of the fastest plans in the country - 12 Mbps till 25GB and 1 Mbps from then on (unlimited). Costs only Rs 999 + tax (no bulk payment options). Barring some ISPs that are available in only certain states, this might be the fastest and affordable plan that is available across the country. The plan is Freedom 999.

The only issue I have noticed is that whenever there is a movie release from Reliance Entertainment, there will be a 1 week blockage of popular torrent and file sharing sites (like Rapidshare). After a week, things will become normal again. Fortunately they don't have many releases.

One thing to keep in mind is that they have a manual login system via web browser. It should be done at least once in 24 hours or if you are offline for more than 3 or 4 hours continuously. But if you have multiple devices (like via WiFi for example), you need to login through only 1 of them to get access on all devices.

Hi,
I am also using the night booster plan(2mbps@night)..I would rate reliance as very good.In the last 4 yrs, i only had 2 issues of line being cut which they cleared immediately. I think Reliance is the only operator which offers True unlimited, there is no capping or throttling.Speed is consistent.I use Internet Download Manager.
Suggest u can blindly go ahead.

Rgds

hi

regarding broadband it goes like this True broadband with 256kbps speed shouldn't have buffering while playing video.:licklips: Now the problem in India is If u take a 512 kbps connection still there will be buffering:mad: specially when u take a unlimited plan the service provider will make sure u won't get more than say 340kbps( only during tests) practically it will be just under 300kbps with buffering.I had a 300kbs unlimited plan in bangalore(reliance) it was buffering like anything any complaint no use.I upgraded to 500kbps unlimited still buffering. If u try limited downloads eg 6 gb pm see the speed it will hit up to 2 mb no buffering free flow.And ur 6 gb will finish within 10 days and u will be paying per mb and finally end up paying a hefty bill.:sad:

hi

regarding broadband it goes like this True broadband with 256kbps speed shouldn't have buffering while playing video.:licklips: Now the problem in India is If u take a 512 kbps connection still there will be buffering:mad: specially when u take a unlimited plan the service provider will make sure u won't get more than say 340kbps( only during tests) practically it will be just under 300kbps with buffering.I had a 300kbs unlimited plan in bangalore(reliance) it was buffering like anything any complaint no use.I upgraded to 500kbps unlimited still buffering. If u try limited downloads eg 6 gb pm see the speed it will hit up to 2 mb no buffering free flow.And ur 6 gb will finish within 10 days and u will be paying per mb and finally end up paying a hefty bill.:sad:

For SD video streaming, you need atleast 1mbps. Now that HD videos have become so commonplace, actually 2mbps is the minimum reqmt for streaming.
With 512kbps, buffering issues will be there.
In my 2mbps plan, I do get 2mbps in Speedtest.

I have been using Reliance Broadband for nearly 2 years now and I love it. I use their Night Booster Zoom 1 plan which is 1 Mbps during day and 2 Mbps during night (10 PM to 8 AM). It costs about Rs 1600 a month and doesn't have any download limit or FUP (my monthly bandwidth usage is about 80GB, never had any issues). The cost will come down if you pay in quarterly, half yearly or yearly.

They have one of the fastest plans in the country - 12 Mbps till 25GB and 1 Mbps from then on (unlimited). Costs only Rs 999 + tax (no bulk payment options). Barring some ISPs that are available in only certain states, this might be the fastest and affordable plan that is available across the country. The plan is Freedom 999.

The only issue I have noticed is that whenever there is a movie release from Reliance Entertainment, there will be a 1 week blockage of popular torrent and file sharing sites (like Rapidshare). After a week, things will become normal again. Fortunately they don't have many releases.

One thing to keep in mind is that they have a manual login system via web browser. It should be done at least once in 24 hours or if you are offline for more than 3 or 4 hours continuously. But if you have multiple devices (like via WiFi for example), you need to login through only 1 of them to get access on all devices.

Thanks Naveen for the reply. I think torrent sites can be accessed through proxy during the period of ban.I may go for the same plan as yours in future......

Just wanted to let you guys know that Reliance has introduced new faster plans and discontinued old plans. Now their cheapest plan starts at 1Mbps.

These are the plans
  • 1 Mbps, unlimited, full time - 549
  • 2 Mbps, unlimited, full time - 699
  • 4 Mbps upto 20 GB, thereafter 1Mbps full time - 899
  • 4 Mbps, unlimited, full time - 1099
No FUP. Taxes extra.

I switched to 4 Mbps full time plan and I am getting that speed all the time. YouTube videos in 720p play without any lag or break. I opted for the quarterly plan and it comes to about Rs 920 per month (I think) including taxes.

Welcome to Reliance Communications

I was using reliance broadband but their speeds were slow regardless of the plan I opted for. Now I have shifted to bsnl and I am getting the speeds that are expected.

A lot depends on the infrastructure in place where you are living. Somewhere Reliance may be better than BSNL and at some other places the opposite is true. Check with your neighbours and then change your Internet provider.

I agree. I know a friend in another part of the same city who is only getting 3 Mbps instead of the promised 4.

BTW here is my SpeedTest result for the 4 Mbps unlimited connection. At Rs 920+ a month, it is a steal.

2349537339.png

How is their BB service in Chennai? Anyone taken their 12Mbps unlimited connection in Chennai? Is is available here

I have newly shifted from BSNL Broadband to Reliance and a big mistake on my part. I have taken quarterly plan of thunder plan 699. The connection was done with in couple of hours I inquired about it. Net went well first 5 days. Now from 6th day its not working. I contacted customer care 1800-3000-7777. Gave me 24 hours and assured problem would be solved. From that day I am complaining every day for my connection not working. Daily only apart from regret for inconvenience caused dialogue and 24 hours assurance nothing happens. And reply of mail that matter has been escalated and would be dealt soon. I am surprised at time of installation the executive appeared with in couple of hours I gave Reliance Care call for inquiry, and now when some problem has arise, they do not care to check from 10 days. I am sorry but my experience with Reliance Broadband has been very unpleasant, which never happened in my BSNL BB for seven years. After my 3 months Reliance BB subscription I would prefer to revert back to BSNL and my sincere advise to all new BB subscribers, stay away from Reliance, or you will be disappointed.

Subscriber ID - 38100-4739-160
Connection not working from 5th june 14.

Tweet them and post of Facebook too with the Sub ID and Complain ID, if any. Keep posting and they'll see to it soon.

Reliance Broadband is terrible in terms of service.
My Reliance internet connection has not been working. It has already been 10 days since I complained to them and nothing has been done till now. Such problems keep coming up almost every month.

I shifted to BSNL sometime back and now I use both the providers.

(What I have realized in the last few years is the bitter truth that in India internet connectivity sucks big time, regardless of the service provider.)

Last edited:
It's not working most of the time and their customer service is very band now a days

Brief : Connection issues most of the time and very bad customer servies -> Waste of money and time

Details:
I have a Reliance broadband connection in Bangalore which does not work most of the time.
The worst thing happening now a days is when ever I give a complaint about connection issue they just close the complaint lying that the issue is solved. I have to raise so many complaints through phone and email and it takes more than a week to solve!!
Most of the time their service engineer doesn't appear or contact me, he does nothing but closing the complaint.
I told this to customer care so many times and they say that they are helpless!!!
They don't know who is the service person - no name , no contact number.
Only thing they can do is creating a new ticket.

My connection has not been working for last 5 days. I have raised multiple complaints but only thing Reliance does is closing the complaint without fixing the issue!!
I don't know what to do next as there is no option to escalate the issue.

-Ashok Kumar
Customer ID : 385607284071

There is nothing surprising about such service or response from Reliance, they are known cheats. But I am surprised to get similar performance and service from a TATA company - I purchased a Photon Max and the salesman confirmed that I would get around 9 MBPS (it was written on the carton of the device). However, I am generally getting below 1 MBPS and very occasionally up to 2 MBPS. I made 3 complaints and every time the case was closed without doing anything. I think they are bigger cheats!
In India we need something like Class Action against these scoundrels.

There is nothing surprising about such service or response from Reliance, they are known cheats. But I am surprised to get similar performance and service from a TATA company - I purchased a Photon Max and the salesman confirmed that I would get around 9 MBPS (it was written on the carton of the device). However, I am generally getting below 1 MBPS and very occasionally up to 2 MBPS. I made 3 complaints and every time the case was closed without doing anything. I think they are bigger cheats!
In India we need something like Class Action against these scoundrels.

The same happened with MTS, but data card speed differs from place to place. Need to go for wired broadband if you need consistent speed.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back