Repair: CA 640c V2- Quality issues

heliumflight

Hi Folks,

I really love my CD player. I opted this front end against many other players like Marantz etc.. But now it is making a hissing sound while playing. I serviced it last year at Profx at Chitranjan park and paid through my nose @6,200. Now again it is having issues:mad:. I bought a Cambridge Audio- Dac Magic thinking I would reach the same sound quality as CA Cdp, but alas! It takes you only till 65%.

Now I'm thinking of servicing my Cdp again. Need your input guys. Has anyone of you experienced quality issues with CA Cd players? One of my friends told me that CA players come as kits and get assembled here.

Cambridge Audio Azur 640c v2.0 - [English]

--
helium

Great to hear of lakozy service and support. I don't like the Nad home sound. I thought CA products were sturdy, robust and reliable.

Though I owned the cheapest CA CD-5 cd player, I never expected it to fail in just 3 years. I have sold it but do know that the entire transport has been changed for it to get back in full working order. I don't see myself buying another CA product.

I spoke with CA technician, he says that they don't just change the lens but the entire assembly Rs. 4400/-. More pain :mad:

Have you got it repaired?

From that link the mechanism used is Sanyo SF-P101N which is available for 1/4th the quoted price if you can change it on your own.

Edit: There are interface pin count differences within the same model. You need to know what pins count your model uses.

Last edited:
Have you got it repaired?

From that link the mechanism used is Sanyo SF-P101N which is available for 1/4th the quoted price if you can change it on your own.

Edit: There are interface pin count differences within the same model. You need to know what pins count your model uses.

Yes, thanks I got it repaired from a local technician. He charged me Rs.800/-. He told me that that this lens is being used for many cd players like NAD/ Pioneer etc.

SF-P101N 16 | eBay

One can replace the lens himself if there is not much complicated assembly within.I tried similar with Onida DVDp & it worked.

I asked the technician what is the life span of the lens assembly? He said that it is Chinese, so can't give even a week's commitment :). It's been a month now :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back