Repair of my Yamaha RX-V459 AV Receiver - Hyderabad

churfsan

Hi all,

I have a Yamaha RX-V459 AV Receiver. It is around 3 years old now.
Recently the unit was giving problem during power ON - that is, it will not power on sometimes (need to remove and insert power cord multiple times etc.).

Finally the unit stopped turning ON. So, I took it to "RITESH ELECTRONICS", Somajiguda, Hyderabad, who claims to an authorized Yamaha Service Centre. The person opened the unit and showed that there is lot of dust inside. He said that he will clean it, check up and let me know.

After a couple of days, he said that he had cleaned the unit, still not turning ON. So he replaced some power supply regulators and with that he said unit is getting power, but the main component - he said "SOC chip" - is not working / responding / etc. He says that he has ordered the spare part from Mumbai (Yamaha Centre) , but not got them yet. Now it is more than 2 months.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Any other known / confirmed service centres who can handle Yamaha AVR in Hyderabad? If any known, please give address / phone, so that I can try to get it repaired

As a last alternative, I can try to get it repaired in Bangalore, if there are any known good service centres who can handle Yamaha receivers.

Thanks
Churfsan

If Ritesh is a authorised service centre, I doubt you will get 'better' service from anyone else. Getting part for units that are a few years old is always an issue.

The best you can do is to see if you can help Ritesh source the spare part, maybe from Singapore.

Cheers

Guys,

My Harmon Kardon AVR 330 receiver which I bought from US (7 years back) is acting up
lately. Sometimes it does not switch on and sometimes it switches on but switches off
automatically after some time. It does not go into protection mode or anything. There is
no error otherwise displayed.

Anyways, I want to give it for service and see if it can be fixed before I plonk my money on something new. I know for sure that there is lot of dust gathering inside.

Does anyone know of a reliable service technician or centre where the unit can be serviced?.

Thanks.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back