Replacement tweeter for arphi speaker

I would suggest to stop getting into an exchange of knowledge and experience with me. All are here to advise and help each other....no one is Superior or God! Over the years, I have seen many who like WITCH HUNTING, please avoid it!
nobody is pecking at you..infact i do not look at handles and post. The suggestion given by you is incorrect, it is not even a jugaad, and I am just pointing out this fact.

Update

Thank you so much to all who responded

Spent three hours trudging up and down Lamington road, to no avail

Almost all dealers recognised the tweeter immediately as a OEM Bolton, all of them said that even an equivalent won't be available.

All of them said more or less the same thing, replace one with a modern one. If I like it then replace the other three.

None could tell me the ohms nor Watts. They did say that if I can get old stock of Phillips, Apex or Bolton of the same diameter plate, then it will be the same.

A repair tech said that if I get a paper cone tweeter of the same vintage, even with a small difference in size, it will be the same

By various conversations with all the people today, I've come to the conclusion that in the 80s technical parameters were not considered. You just bought a 4 inch paper tweeter to replace a 4 inch paper tweeter

Buying a modern tweeter to replace is to go by ear and keep the tweeter that you like. In my case buy one to add, if I like it keep it, if I really like it then replace the other three!!!

My last attempt will be to send my sample to my tech, who also said the same thing to me today, he will find a 4 inch tweeter for me!!!

@sdk I have used these speakers. The woofer with the whizzer cones have a pretty good high frequency response without being too shouty.
Just ditch the tweeters completely.
Get good quantity of fibrofill and damp the inside after removing the old glass wool (wear a surgical glove while handling the glasswool and discard it properly.
The best way to listen to them in a room with listening distance of under 6 to 8 feet is to place them on the floor. Just add some rubber feet for reasonable isolation. You will get good bass, a pretty good midrange and smooth highs. Also sit on the floor.
If not raise them on sturdy stand and put them close to the rear wall...move a bit till the bass is adequate and not boomy.

These woofers are quite sensitive and do well with even low power amps. But they can take in good power and do produce copious amount of bass when driven big.

Update

Thank you so much to all who responded

Spent three hours trudging up and down Lamington road, to no avail

Almost all dealers recognised the tweeter immediately as a OEM Bolton, all of them said that even an equivalent won't be available.

All of them said more or less the same thing, replace one with a modern one. If I like it then replace the other three.

None could tell me the ohms nor Watts. They did say that if I can get old stock of Phillips, Apex or Bolton of the same diameter plate, then it will be the same.

A repair tech said that if I get a paper cone tweeter of the same vintage, even with a small difference in size, it will be the same

By various conversations with all the people today, I've come to the conclusion that in the 80s technical parameters were not considered. You just bought a 4 inch paper tweeter to replace a 4 inch paper tweeter

Buying a modern tweeter to replace is to go by ear and keep the tweeter that you like. In my case buy one to add, if I like it keep it, if I really like it then replace the other three!!!

My last attempt will be to send my sample to my tech, who also said the same thing to me today, he will find a 4 inch tweeter for me!!!

Well its good that you experienced this and know now how the market works for vintage products and hence my advice initially to you. Solutions / Resolutions of today cannot be used for old stuff, you need to play by the ear and draw a conclusion then to use the same.

Typically you need a 8 ohms tweeter and 10-20 watts version. Maybe you may find something locally or through some online portal which sells drivers and speakers.

Update

S K Electronics convinced me to buy a dapic piezo tweeter of the same diameter by saying that I can return it if I don't like it.

He was very confident that only a single replacement would work and I won't need to replace the others

Connected it today and with my shot ears, which my wife accuses me of selective deafness when she says anything, I could not really discern any differences.

I am happy, job done

I will leave a window open in future if i find one anywhere

Thanks to all who contributed

Regards

Update

S K Electronics convinced me to buy a dapic piezo tweeter of the same diameter by saying that I can return it if I don't like it.

He was very confident that only a single replacement would work and I won't need to replace the others

Connected it today and with my shot ears, which my wife accuses me of selective deafness when she says anything, I could not really discern any differences.

I am happy, job done

I will leave a window open in future if i find one anywhere

Thanks to all who contributed

Regards

Glad it worked out well for you...assume you meant C K Electronics.......end of the day if it works and sounds well for you as the end user....why not!

Hi

Bolton Tweeters were used in Arphi speakers...

Visit Lamington Road and purchase Peerless Tweeters which will give the same effect.....purchase one and check....if there is a lot of difference, the replace all.
I am having with me arphi super challenger speaker (pair) bought in 1992 from hero music fort,mumbai. The speakers are still working fine in my HT setup as front speakers. However I wish to replace the woofers in both the speakers, Can you guide me which woofer will fit in place of existing ones and where in delhi or elsewhere I can buy them. Thanks

I am having with me arphi super challenger speaker (pair) bought in 1992 from hero music fort,mumbai. The speakers are still working fine in my HT setup as front speakers. However I wish to replace the woofers in both the speakers, Can you guide me which woofer will fit in place of existing ones and where in delhi or elsewhere I can buy them. Thanks

Hi,

Most of us nowadays are into getting something readymade but in my opinion, these speakers would be a good replacement for the existing woofers (assume they are 8 inch correct?).

I have used P Audio professionally during my active DJ days and they really work excellent for music, i am sure they will do well for movies too.

Hi

Bolton Tweeters were used in Arphi speakers...

Visit Lamington Road and purchase Peerless Tweeters which will give the same effect.....purchase one and check....if there is a lot of difference, the replace all.
I have recently purchased Arphi Super challenger speakers. Very sweet audio quality.
Sadly one of the speaker box got water inside and stopped working (thats why original ownder sold it) . I tried reconing both woofer and midrange, still there is major audio quality. Can you tell ne what Midrange and Woofer they used in Super Challenger speakers. ?

Hi

If i recall correctly it was Bolton used. Not sure if still available.

Read the above posts and try to pick something which works in your budget and also fits in the cabinets...other options are Philips or Pearless.

I have recently purchased Arphi Super challenger speakers. Very sweet audio quality.
Sadly one of the speaker box got water inside and stopped working (thats why original ownder sold it) . I tried reconing both woofer and midrange, still there is major audio quality. Can you tell ne what Midrange and Woofer they used in Super Challenger speakers. ?
I doubt you will ever get the same sound after reconing. So usually reconing both is a better idea where both sound the same and balanced. How much were the speakers and the reconing?

I doubt you will ever get the same sound after reconing. So usually reconing both is a better idea where both sound the same and balanced. How much were the speakers and the reconing?
Thank you for reply. Speakers payment yet to be done as person i have purchased from is my friend. Reconing cost is 500 for 8" woofer and 500 for 8 inch midrange. 150 for tweeter.

Any idea what brand, or company drivers they used in super challenger? Can you suggest any compatible driver available nowadays in market?
I would like to create (DIY) complete new set of 3 way speakers with similar sound quality (perfect for analogue music lovers) and similar crossover used in that.

Thanks in advance

Hi

If i recall correctly it was Bolton used. Not sure if still available.

Read the above posts and try to pick something which works in your budget and also fits in the cabinets...other options are Philips or Pearless.
Thank you for advice.

Thank you for reply. Speakers payment yet to be done as person i have purchased from is my friend. Reconing cost is 500 for 8" woofer and 500 for 8 inch midrange. 150 for tweeter.

Any idea what brand, or company drivers they used in super challenger? Can you suggest any compatible driver available nowadays in market?
I would like to create (DIY) complete new set of 3 way speakers with similar sound quality (perfect for analogue music lovers) and similar crossover used in that.

Thanks in advance
Hello sir, from where did you got your speakers reconed?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back