Requesting advice/suggestions for 3-way floor standers with side firing woofer

jmascreen

Thinking of starting a new project of 3-way floor stander with side firing woofer something similar to Danny Richie A/V-4 or the sidewinder series with all components available locally.

I have shortlisted the Peerless (SB25NP)/Dayton (DC250-8) 10 woofer cutting of around 100 to125Hz, mid bass of 6 (peerless/Dayton) which can excel in range of 100Hz to 2200Hz. HF frequency again will be of Peerless/Dayton.

I am thinking of using 1st order passive crossover for LF, 2nd order for mid and HF.

Requesting suggestion/advice/input

Went through that, I am looking for specific information related to side firing 3-way FS. I have already build a 3-way FS using Peerless driver and have some experience using bass box pro, UniBox etc for enclosure design.

I am looking for detailed information related to this as I read somewhere it as lots of complication while the phase shift from LF to Mid. So looking for some details in that aspect.

And also suggestions for drivers in mid bass region mostly from dayton/peerless

You can get in touch with fm bibin/hari iyer for help. They are very experienced in DIY speaker design.

I will be having discussion with then, it will be great if others too contribute. As I searched here, I didnt find any similar projects executed earlier. Hence if all details captured here can be a ready reckon for future builds..

I will be having discussion with then, it will be great if others too contribute. As I searched here, I didnt find any similar projects executed earlier. Hence if all details captured here can be a ready reckon for future builds..
People are too skeptical about 3 ways. It takes so much effort/skill and money to master them. I believe that a well designed 2/2.5 way sounds much better than a poorly designed 3 way. [emoji4]

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back