Require suggestions for 8 inch & 8 ohms woofer

yohanw

Hey guys!
I have a 1987 Akai Bush, which I'm revamping.

The EQ and the Amp have been serviced and are working just fine. Also the components of the speakers seem to be working just as well. The only problem I'm having is finding 8inch/200mm and 8 ohms woofers for the 3 way speakers that came along with it. The output of the amp is 8 ohms. I don't think it's advisable to connect 4 ohm woofers onto it. It will overload the amp if I'm not mistaken. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Also please let me know where in Mumbai will I be able to find them. The high end audio shops barely show any interest! Also my budget isn't for than 3-3.5k. Output can be approx ranging from 200-350w RMS. Please. Your suggestions will be very valuable and of great help! Looking forward to get some response from you guys! :sad:

Cheers and thanks a ton!

yes you need to match the ohms for compatibility. your best bet to find a woofer is to go into areas that sell local music systems and you should be able to find something there. not sure of location since i live in hyd

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back