Review of LG 42LH90QR

Hellow Everyone...

Happy to inform that now I am a proud owner of 47LH90...:yahoo:

Thank you everyone for helping me on this TV Hunt..

Bought it for 75.5 K....Neat deal:licklips:
...plus a DVD pack of 50 odd DVDs(not yet received)

Hi Sudhindra,
Did u compare de PQ with Samsung LED LCD series.? If yes,Den can u tell About the areas wer LG excels Samsung and lags behind Samsung?I am talkin about Smasung 6 series LED Tvs....

Yes, I am at Bangalore also purchased same model today (15.10.2009) for only Rs.68,000 which included LG HDMI DVP player DVD 388 + 50 Movies DVD set (not yet received)..Anybody else got better deal

Yes, I am at Bangalore also purchased same model today (15.10.2009) for only Rs.68,000 which included LG HDMI DVP player DVD 388 + 50 Movies DVD set (not yet received)..Anybody else got better deal

You bought the 42" model or 47". Where did you buy this in bangalore.

All,

What is the best offer people are getting for the 42" LH90 in Bangalore? Till now looks like Deepak's is the best one.

Deepak, please can you tell where you picked up your TV from.

~ Praveen

I bought this 42 inched from reliance digital Bangalore last week. After seeing mine, this week, My neighbor bought the 47 inched from Giriayas bangalore. The sad part is there is 5 to 15K Rs price difference the way a person does bargain. And they un-necessarily confuse even more with this kind of free offers.

- Shreekanth

Hi,

PQ wise, I did not find a major difference, though the LG looked brighter. It could just be the setting. I may have picked the Samsung if it was not that expensive for what it offers. It is thinner and supports additional movie formats.

Hi Sudhindra,
Did u compare de PQ with Samsung LED LCD series.? If yes,Den can u tell About the areas wer LG excels Samsung and lags behind Samsung?I am talkin about Smasung 6 series LED Tvs....

Hellow Everyone...

Happy to inform that now I am a proud owner of 47LH90...:yahoo:

Thank you everyone for helping me on this TV Hunt..

Bought it for 75.5 K....Neat deal:licklips:
...plus a DVD pack of 50 odd DVDs(not yet received)

Pls share where in mumbai have you bought it from "?

To those considering this TV, I think it is only fair to add some observations after owning it for a week.

The positives:
+ LED backlighting makes for a truly vibrant picture that is a joy to watch DVDs with
+ Abundance of colour controls - apart from the usual brightness/contrast/colour there is a large number of per colour controls that lets you tailor the display to your environment
+ Matte screen minimises reflections and makes for a rich looking picture
+ Fairly generous with inputs - 3 HDMI, 2 component, 2 composite, 1 VGA. Pity there is only digital out for audio.
+ Pretty decent scaling of SD signal. Not the best but decent. It is important to mention that what you see in a showroom is severely degraded probably because a single tv signal is being shared with all their sets.
+ Honourable mentions: Fast image viewer, ability to label inputs is convenient for tech-challenged family members, clearvoice works well for news and sports commentary

The negatives:
- Fairly poor sound. Sudindra identified this correctly in his review. I thought the SRS option improved it but it does not. The speakers can't handle mid to deep bass without rattling. Thankfully the TV has the option to turn off internal speakers entirely. You might want to add speakers to these but don't let this put you off an excellent display
- Cannot play HD DivX. Not a concern for me since I do not have access to such content. Wonderful support for SD DivX though - very quick at jumping through points in the file. No stutter or pauses even off a pen drive

Hi,

I am planning to purchase 47"LH90, however, I have few questions as below:

1. I have read very good review about LH90 on Cnet website and I am impressed with it, hence decided to buy LH90. However, there is big difference in features of Indian model than USA model of LH90. Is Indian version is equally good like USA version of LH90? The Cnet review is about USA model of LH90.

2. Whether I can connect my laptop through bluetooth to LH90 screen and can I use LH90 screen wirelessly (using bluetooth).

I am eager to know about the above.

2. Whether I can connect my laptop through bluetooth to LH90 screen and can I use LH90 screen wirelessly (using bluetooth).

I suppose that you cannot play movies through blutooth on ANY TV due to bandwith restrictions in BT technology itself.

Is this model (42/47LH90QR) still available ?
I live in Pune and am looking to purchase 42/47LH90QR.
I was told by the shop owners here to wait for LH95 series which will arrive soon and the shipping of new LH90 models have stopped.
Anyone aware of it ?

Is this model (42/47LH90QR) still available ?
I live in Pune and am looking to purchase 42/47LH90QR.
I was told by the shop owners here to wait for LH95 series which will arrive soon and the shipping of new LH90 models have stopped.
Anyone aware of it ?

this is new..
where are u r from?
i mean which city?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back