Review of LG 42LH90QR

Great info on this thread!:)

i am planning to buy the 47LH90. In delhi. the best price i got till now is 95k ..... funny i know!! its a shop in a mall. anyway, i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a good price (the ones mentioned here) in delhi?

Also i wanted to know what kind of audio out does this TV have? i want to use it with my Onkyo 607 so i wanted to give the sound out when playing movies or songs through the USB connection; (which seems the best way for movie playback now).

For someone who asked (if not already got the answer), Tata Sky + (with component video and coaxial audio) will give far more better PQ and sound than regular Tata Sky with Composite RCA. The video quality just jumps! This was my only reason to go for Tata Sky + (not the record features, cause i already have a DVD recorder).

Hi all,

I have got the best quote of 70K for a 42 Inch LG LH90.
if anybody gets a better deal in and arnd NCR please revert back.

Cheers!!!
Shronik

Also i wanted to know what kind of audio out does this TV have? i want to use it with my Onkyo 607 so i wanted to give the sound out when playing movies or songs through the USB connection; (which seems the best way for movie playback now).

Unfortunately there is only sterio.
Also, No HD MKV playback when I checked in the store (but international reviews does boast of MKV playback, maybe its my files!)

As a thumb rule, If you are not planning to wall mount, Its good to go for a good upscaling DVD player with usb HD playback.
Phillips has some excellent DivX Ultra certified models ~4 to 4.5k

Is this model (42/47LH90QR) still available ?
I live in Pune and am looking to purchase 42/47LH90QR.
I was told by the shop owners here to wait for LH95 series which will arrive soon and the shipping of new LH90 models have stopped.
Anyone aware of it ?

Hey , I am also from Pune... I have booked 42" LH90 almost a month ago , and there is no sign of it yet !
I hv been told by dealer that there is panel shortage from korea and hence the delay ...
I was about to cancel its booking but if LH95 thingi is true than i can wait longer (waiting waiting :mad: )...

Unfortunately there is only sterio.
Also, No HD MKV playback when I checked in the store (but international reviews does boast of MKV playback, maybe its my files!)

As a thumb rule, If you are not planning to wall mount, Its good to go for a good upscaling DVD player with usb HD playback.
Phillips has some excellent DivX Ultra certified models ~4 to 4.5k

Ahhh... bad news!! :sad:
i checked on the US models, they have optical out. :)

i am gonna have it wall mount and i have a dvd recorder which plays only music and pictures through USB, so can't work with that.

my second option was (before got to know TV's with USB video playback) to play them through my laptop with HDMI out to the receiver :D

but playing them through the TV directly seems so much more comfortable....

Any price info from NCR???

Its with Bill and warranty...
btw.. I am from Mumbai...

Update on Pricing:
was offered 47LH90 for 76K.....

Hi Sameer,
Can you please share where did u get this price? I want to buy this TV in couple of days, I would higly appreciate if anyone can share the supplier in mumbai. I stay at Malad.

Thank you in advance
Prasad

Hi Sameer,
Can you please share where did u get this price? I want to buy this TV in couple of days, I would higly appreciate if anyone can share the supplier in mumbai. I stay at Malad.

Thank you in advance
Prasad

I'm also looking to pick up 3 TV's - 2 of the 42" & one - 47" LH90 and have called everyone from Chroma, Vijay Sales, Reliance to eZone but none of them have any in stock; apart from the display pieces. All of them are under the impression that the LH90 has been discontinued or so LG would have them believe as there is no supply from the company, which could be push the LH95 series as soon as its launched, rumored to be at the end of this month.

I had done an excruciating amount of research to shortlist this TV :mad: 'cause i wanted 3 of em. But since i'm timebound, Which other models can i consider in the same price range.

Sameer obviously has no intention of replying to your post, i saw atleast 6 people have asked him as to where he bought his tv from with no response.

I'm also looking to pick up 3 TV's - 2 of the 42" & one - 47" LH90 and have called everyone from Chroma, Vijay Sales, Reliance to eZone but none of them have any in stock; apart from the display pieces. All of them are under the impression that the LH90 has been discontinued or so LG would have them believe as there is no supply from the company, which could be push the LH95 series as soon as its launched, rumored to be at the end of this month.

I had done an excruciating amount of research to shortlist this TV :mad: 'cause i wanted 3 of em. But since i'm timebound, Which other models can i consider in the same price range.

Sameer obviously has no intention of replying to your post, i saw atleast 6 people have asked him as to where he bought his tv from with no response.

LG is on to something!
Non LCD models like LH90, PQ70 etc are out of stock everywhere.
Maybe they mis-calculated the demand for LCD vs other TVs? :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,I got 42 LH90 for a price of 65k from Devi International Bangalore.Very happy with the purchase and thanking all the ppl from this forum(especially sudhindra for his fantastic review),whose reviews made me to look at this model in an serious aspect and buy.This is the best LCD TV at 60-70k price range.

Hi everyone,I got 42 LH90 for a price of 65k from Devi International Bangalore.Very happy with the purchase and thanking all the ppl from this forum(especially sudhindra for his fantastic review),whose reviews made me to look at this model in an serious aspect and buy.This is the best LCD TV at 60-70k price range.

Congratulations on your purchase. Any idea about the price for 47" ?

LG is on to something!
Non LCD models like LH90, PQ70 etc are out of stock everywhere.
Maybe they mis-calculated the demand for LCD vs other TVs? :rolleyes:

Same here in Delhi NCR. LH90 is out of stock everywhere.
Some one from a LG showroom told me that "LG stopped the production of these because they were bulky and not exactly the LED type; so they are coming up with new slimmer ones in a month or so".

I'm guessing LH95 may be (which BTW looks super HOT!!)

i wanted a TV urgently... but still i'll have to wait cause there's no stock of this and no other TV is as good in this price range!

For what its worth, I got a good deal on the 42" LG80FR a few days ago. Picked it up for 48k in Pune. The picture quality is not tops (at least not compared to the LED back-lit models), but this model is exceptionally good when it comes to sound. This is the only model that I heard that has any depth/clarity in the mid and low frequencies. This one has an extra 30W in-built speaker that gives it meaningful bass along with two 10W speakers, when most other models only have 10W speakers.

Same here in Delhi NCR. LH90 is out of stock everywhere.
Some one from a LG showroom told me that "LG stopped the production of these because they were bulky and not exactly the LED type; so they are coming up with new slimmer ones in a month or so".

I'm guessing LH95 may be (which BTW looks super HOT!!)

i wanted a TV urgently... but still i'll have to wait cause there's no stock of this and no other TV is as good in this price range!

LH95 wont be cheap guys. The shop manager said it wil be out in december and wil cost arnd 95k for sure. and not sure abt a 42inch one.Either 47 or 55...

Last edited:
Guys have been really searching for this tv all over, but no luck.
It was in stock just a month ago, i should ve booked it wen i had the chance:sad:
The ex. showroom guy told me that they have seized the production at the moment and its not entirely phased out(Since it's smaller sibling is still in production)

Anyways he said LG is planning to release an LED edge-lit version of the tv(I think its SL90 in Singapore), to match the sleekness of the sammy's (A stupid idea, I've got to say!)
And this one doesn't come cheap either, 47"'s MRP would be in the range of 1.6 to 1.9 lakhs!!!
At that price and it being edge-lit, I am not holding on to my seats:eek:hyeah:

Anyways the 46B750 from sammy is going to be widely available from within this month and with some bargaining the price may be brought down to a lakh.
So presently i think this is my best hope for getting a good tv at this price point, since 50B550 is also discontinued! I don't know wats wrong wit these cos., discontinuing Very good sets during the festive season!!!

Hey Nikhil J, you are back. I think a bit of bad luck seems to be following you when it comes to TVs. This B750 thingie has been going on for quite some time and it has literally killed my urge to buy a TV this year. Another few months and new ones will be in the market.

Back