Review of LG 42LH90QR

Hey Nikhil J, you are back. I think a bit of bad luck seems to be following you when it comes to TVs. This B750 thingie has been going on for quite some time and it has literally killed my urge to buy a TV this year. Another few months and new ones will be in the market.

Ya dude, "Mera bad luck hi Kharab hai!!!"
I went with cash to book 50B550 at Rajtronics a month ago, wher he had mentioned its available, but he called the Chennai office and as u would ve guessed, no stock/production.

Then i had never thought of buying a LG until i came across this one, and as fate would ve it, production stopped! It was still in production during Diwali.

Now i hope that atleast I can get my hands on B750, which according to a reliable source, will be available this month.

Or i just ve to find some extra cash for the V10.

Ya dude, "Mera bad luck hi Kharab hai!!!"
I went with cash to book 50B550 at Rajtronics a month ago, wher he had mentioned its available, but he called the Chennai office and as u would ve guessed, no stock/production.

Then i had never thought of buying a LG until i came across this one, and as fate would ve it, production stopped! It was still in production during Diwali.

Now i hope that atleast I can get my hands on B750, which according to a reliable source, will be available this month.

Or i just ve to find some extra cash for the V10.

I would recommend extra cash arrangement for the V10...rest upto your wish.

I have enquired in all the big TV shops in Pune, however, LH90 is not available and there is no information about its future availability in the market. Can anybody update on the current status of availability of LH90/LH95? I am very much interested in buying LH90.

I have enquired in all the big TV shops in Pune, however, LH90 is not available and there is no information about its future availability in the market. Can anybody update on the current status of availability of LH90/LH95? I am very much interested in buying LH90.

Here is de update from LG guys(Not sure). LG india has stopped importing LH90s.They wil be launching lh95 during christmas time in India(55 inch assured and prob 47)and price wil be somewhere around 1-1.5 lak.

Hey guys, after a long long wait, i finally decided to go with 42LH90 itself.
It just arrived yest and have just checked BigTV on it and it looked pretty good.

Anyways after constructing the wall unit, the viewing distance will come down to 11ft max., so decided to go with a smaller screen size itself.
Will post my HD exp. with a PS3 soon.

@ Sudindra,
Can i know how to input RGB values directly instead of the IRE ones.
I was totally confused by this. The color management is divided into RGB Brightness and Contrast.

Regards...

I assumed that IRE would just be a combination of RGB Brightness & Contrast and never looked beyond it. Many new calibration settings proposed on global forums now use the RGB brightness & Contrast values (i.s.o IRE). See this: Official LG xxLH90 Owners' and "Interested Parties'" Thread - Page 29 - HIGHDEFJUNKIES FORUM
I use the typhoon859 settings.

@ Sudindra,
Can i know how to input RGB values directly instead of the IRE ones.
I was totally confused by this. The color management is divided into RGB Brightness and Contrast.

Regards...

I assumed that IRE would just be a combination of RGB Brightness & Contrast and never looked beyond it. Many new calibration settings proposed on global forums now use the RGB brightness & Contrast values (i.s.o IRE). See this: Official LG xxLH90 Owners' and "Interested Parties'" Thread - Page 29 - HIGHDEFJUNKIES FORUM
I use the typhoon859 settings.

Hi Sudindar,
Thanks a ton for the link. And one more kind request, can you please find out where Chad's settings are, I searched and searched at AVS, all i can find is its review.
Thanks again...

LG 42SL90 42" black LED LCD HDTV is selling in US at around 1565 USD, whereas LG 42LH90 price is around 1250 USD. So whatever is the launching price in India, the prices are bound to come in line with the prices of comparable models in US.

LG 42SL90 42" black LED LCD HDTV is selling in US at around 1565 USD, whereas LG 42LH90 price is around 1250 USD. So whatever is the launching price in India, the prices are bound to come in line with the prices of comparable models in US.

But i think SL90 is an Edge-Lit model, its more of an eye-candy than the present model, but i doubt if it'll match the performance...

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy the LG LCD TV :Model : 42LH60YR Jazz Theatre , can anyone give me their views on this model and comparison compared to other 42LH90QR,i hope that will definitely get reply from anyone of you my friends.

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy the LG LCD TV :Model : 42LH60YR Jazz Theatre , can anyone give me their views on this model and comparison compared to other 42LH90QR,i hope that will definitely get reply from anyone of you my friends.

I ve little idea abt that model dude... But generally LG models fare well in Colour Accuracy but suffer in blacks and motion resolution. But LH90 addressed those short comings by LED backlighting and 200hz(although 200Hz is a little useless).
Samsung and sony models offer better motion resolution...
So you can weigh out your preferences...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back