Review of LG 42LH90QR

LG SL90 series is out guys.chek out... Its edge lit LED LCD,but amazing looks:clapping:

It really is an amazing piece of art, waitin to see it for real...
hope the performance is as good as the design...

And ya, Samsung and Sony should take a leaf out of LG's book, they ve priced the SL90's so darn cheap, just 10k above the lh90 in MRP!!! i am sure it ll sell for around 80-85k... I was never a fan of LG but i am starting to think that only LG respect Indians as a customer... Cheers to lg...

Last edited:
LG LCD/LED owners, anyone just ans my one question.

1. Is there an option to turn off that God-Awful 200Hz TrueMotion thing............., makes movie watching a crap.

1. Is there an option to turn off that God-Awful 200Hz TrueMotion thing............., makes movie watching a crap.

Yes, there is (speaking for the LH90 series). The TruMotion has two levels and an off position - its actually pretty good for watching sports. There is also a 24p "RealCinema" option for movies - but I have not analysed it sufficiently.

Yup, it surely can be turned off, its here:
Menu->Picture->Advanced Control->TruMotion->Off

And i personally like it turned off all the time, it does not do a great deal of improvement on any source... it makes it worse most of the time...

Thanks guys for the confirmation, this narrowed down my search for an LCD TV, however, unfortunately I inquired this model LH90 has been discontinued and new models are due in January. I am not sure if the wait its worth considering the price they are expected to launched (If they DO successfully Launce in Jan). I am looking forward to Scarlet 2.0 47LH70YR. Any idea about its performance....

Last edited:
SL90 shd be available arnd a cost of 76-80k...And nikhil, even i never had an intention to buy LG LCDs but when i saw LH90 and compared the price,features,performance comparison with others ,i decided to go with LH90. And as u said unlike other companies LG respects indian customers and considers indian market as one of the important part of its marketing strategy.

SL90 shd be available arnd a cost of 76-80k...And nikhil, even i never had an intention to buy LG LCDs but when i saw LH90 and compared the price,features,performance comparison with others ,i decided to go with LH90. And as u said unlike other companies LG respects indian customers and considers indian market as one of the important part of its marketing strategy.

47SL90 is quoted 1.2L on the site and I doubt the actual price will be below 90, maybe for a 42, but I am looking for a 47 which I think I should get around 70 for 47LH70YR. The only technical difference between the the is the contrast ratio apart from the visual difference of no border....

47SL90 is quoted 1.2L on the site and I doubt the actual price will be below 90, maybe for a 42, but I am looking for a 47 which I think I should get around 70 for 47LH70YR. The only technical difference between the the is the contrast ratio apart from the visual difference of no border....

Yup i think 47SL90 would cost around 95-100k, and i think the performance of 47LH70 should be more or less on par with it, given that the SL series is Edge-Lit. Unless of course, if they have made tremendous improvement in Edge-lit technology in a year's time, which i seriously doubt. Although they may have pros and cons of different nature.

And yes, its such a shame that they are discontinuing the LH90 series all together, its such a cult favorite. LG do get their pricing right but their after release market analysis is screwed up big time.

Had a chance to check out the SL90 this weekend. Compared SL90, Sammy46B6000 and 46B7000 playing my own DVD rip of Batman Begins (chose it for its dark scenes). At factory settings, to my untrained eyes, the SL90 looked washed out, B7000 seemed neutral and the B6000 looked a bit saturated...

BTW the 47 inch SL90 was 1.02L on new year sale...

Last edited:
I have finally bitten the bullet with 42" SL90 for 70500/- via LG employee scheme. Should get delivered in next couple of days.

toakhilesh,
I recently booked the 47SL90 for 94k, but the delivery is expected to happen sometime next weekend only. Please share your review of the SL90 once you get it and spend time with it. Maybe you can start a new thread for SL90.

I have finally bitten the bullet with 42" SL90 for 70500/- via LG employee scheme. Should get delivered in next couple of days.

There was some warehousing issue with the SL90 model in NCR area, but somehow they managed to find LH90 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So now I got 42LH90 for 60k. It has just arrived, but installation may take a day more once engineer from LG comes to install it. :eek:hyeah:

After months of wait.. I have finally purchased the 42" SL90 in Delhi for 79k (that was the max discount i could fetch).
The TV looks fantastic. Even the picture quality is far excellent than what i have seen on other TVs. connected it to TATA Sky + with component to receive very good picture quality. the colors are very vibrant, i must say.
But when it comes to sound; this TV is far behind and lacks a lot. It is almost incomplete without external speakers. Good for me i will be connecting it to a 5.1 soon when i decide some good sattelites to club with my Onkyo SR 606 AV receiver.
one thing i did completely dislike was that when you are using the USB for playing movies, you completely loose all the setting of the TV, you cannot use the bluetooth headset :mad: (most important), cannot adjust the sound bass or trebel and cannot change the picture settings as well like brightness, color.. etc.. all in all you cannot change or use any of the TV features, which was very surprising and sad . :sad:
i think we might be able to change this from the service menu..HOPING greatly!!
but i can't happen to be able to get in the service menu by pressing and holding menu buttons on tv and remote. so i guess there is another way!

can anyone help me get in the service menu of SL90??? would greatly appreciate!! :)

Dear All ,

I have taken the plunge and taken home LG LED TV 42LH90 for Rs 68,500 . but when the set came home , it had lots of dust marks , It was pointed out to the dealer who has promised to replace it on 2/03/2010. meanwhile the old set is still with us.

Can you guys please let me know if LG LH90 has any setting which can indicate the no of hrs used on the set ? any advise would be appericated .

Regards,

Gaurav

Hi All ,

Can you guys please confirm if the initial setting menu show up when you turned tv on for first time

check the manual page 37 'initial setting' , mine didnt and i think i have been bumped off with an old set.

I own 42LH90QR and quite happy about it, its part of my HT (denon 1910) + jamo speakers 606. Purchased in March 2010 (68K without any freebies)

Very good TV so far no issues. This LED damaging the eyesight is not true.

Q: What are use of blue tooth in this TV ? so Far I am able to transfer and view my mobile snaps one at a time and thats all. Can somebody throw more light on practical use of this feature (It does not connect to my Laptop, I thought to play streaming via bluetooth)

Back