Rhythm House - sale on Hindustani Classical CDs

skumar

Offer valid on Hindustani Classical Genre, following labels only

Saregama/RPG/HMV - Buy 2, get 1 free

Sony NAD - Buy 2, get 1 free

Times Music - Buy 1, get 1 free

Fountain Music - Buy 1, get 1 free

Labels can't be mixed for offer.

Free shipping on every item (not limited to the above) till Dec/31.

Rhythm House

Hi Kamalji
As far as the store is concerned probably the best music store in mumbai. Not sure about the delivery as never ordered any cd online from them

How reliable are they?

Well, even I am taken aback by the experience...

Ordered on wednesday, my kid tried out a couple of them already by the time I returned from office on thursday :clapping: wasn't even expecting them to be delivered till the weekend... :clapping:

Your online invoice may show that all the CDs are charged for, without reflecting the offer. They do take care of the offer pricing while dispatching the CDs (the paper invoice taped to the packet reflects offer pricing) and also the final charge to credit card reflects the offer price.

Overall, a nice experience.

Thanks for the responses.
Will try them out.Hope it works out well,Delhi music stores have virtually stopped stocking Hindustani Classical music,remixes seem to be the rage!

Tempting!
How reliable are they?

Extremely reliable.

I've ordered 2 International CDs from them and got each in less than 4 days. They use the DTDC Courier service for delivery which is very, very reliable. Their helpdesk (both by phone and by email) is extremely polite, helpful and prompt - I get in touch with their helpdesk as I prefer to pay them by cash, rather than use DC or CC.

We need more vendors like this in India.

Last edited:
I get in touch with their helpdesk as I prefer to pay them by cash, rather than use DC or CC.

KDM,

Would you kindly explain how you pay them by cash? Is it cash on delivery? Or, do you deposit the cash in some Bank account here in Kolkata? I would like to order CDs from them.

Regards.

Would you kindly explain how you pay them by cash? Is it cash on delivery? Or, do you deposit the cash in some Bank account here in Kolkata? I would like to order CDs from them.

Unfortunately, the Cash On Delivery option is only available to residents of the Mumbai/Navi Mumbai Area.

For the rest of India, payment by cash is as follows:

1) When you are checking out the items from your cart, you have to select a payment option. Select the Pay by Cheque/Cash option.

2) Check out and log off. You'll get a receipt by email giving you details of your transaction and instructions regarding payment. Make a print out of the receipt and take it with you to the bank.

3) Basically you have to make a payment to their Bank Of India Account number (which will be noted in their email regarding your order).

4) I usually make the payment, by cash, at the Bank Of India branch in Free School Street, but really, you can make it at any BOI branch that is convenient for you. The procedure is the same as depositing cash into one's own account, the only difference being that you have to make the payment out to Rhythm House instead of self. (If you are uncomfortable with this mode of payment, you can always transfer the money from your bank account into theirs - but you'd then have to pay bank transfer changes.)

5) You will get a stamped receipt from the teller after depositing the cash, when he does that ask him to note down the transaction ID at the back of the receipt, It's not necessary, but it does give one peace of mind.

6) After that you have to call/email their helpdesk. Ask for Mr. Amir Curmally:

- Give him your order number,
- The amount paid,
- The approx time/date the transaction was made at BOI,
- The city/branch of BOI the cash was paid at.

Once he is able to confirm that you have paid the money he'll make sure your order is shipped to you.

Please note: It usually takes time for their BOI branch in Mumbai to update the transactions that have been made into their account, so don't be surprised if Rhythm House' Helpdesk initially emails you stating that the money has not been received by them. Ask Mr. Curmally to keep a look out for it. He will usually revert back to you in a few hours telling you that they have received your money and that they will be sending out your order.

Regards

PS: Shipping is currently free on orders worth Rs. 250/- and above. :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot KDM. That is as complete an instruction as they can get. I truly appreciate it. These instructions will also be helpful to others who want to pay by cash and are still uncomfortable about using credit cards online.

Regards.

Thanks a lot KDM. That is as complete an instruction as they can get. I truly appreciate it. These instructions will also be helpful to others who want to pay by cash and are still uncomfortable about using credit cards online.

You're very welcome, Asit. I am one of those people who are most uncomfortable about using CC/DC online. It took me a few hours and a few phone calls and the help of a friend who is not a member of this forum to figure out how to use the cash option with Rhythm House, but once I got familiar with it, I haven't looked back. I reckon, they have got the best collection of CDs in India - Better than Music World/Planet M and even better than Landmark, in Kolkata.

I would recommend ordering a Sunday, and making the payments on Monday. One will get one's order by Wednesday or Thursday, if there are no holidays.

I purchased almost 80% of my CDs from Rhythmhouse. Their customer care and transaction is really good. I pay through Bank transfer (from my ICICI Bank). They even send mail, in case any of the albums ordered qualifies for any special offer (like buy 1 get 1 free etc.) and send the list of CD title options available from the same record label offering the special offer. Truly amazing!!

Worth trying.

Asit and other learned guys, can you please help me in identifying some of the good Indian classical music CDs (pure classical, not fusion kind of music) currently available with Rhythmhouse. I will blindly go for those. I know I will be satisfied without an iota of doubt.

dear kumar

thank you ,for goooooood news
i buy Hindustani Classical cd [68 pieces]last december 15/12/09.Rhythm House ,salesperson [faiz]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:are very very very good,i buy on line from kolkata pay by creadit card,
again thank you
somen bhowmik

Offer valid on Hindustani Classical Genre, following labels only

Saregama/RPG/HMV - Buy 2, get 1 free

Sony NAD - Buy 2, get 1 free

Times Music - Buy 1, get 1 free

Fountain Music - Buy 1, get 1 free

Labels can't be mixed for offer.

Free shipping on every item (not limited to the above) till Dec/31.

Rhythm House

Tempting!
How reliable are they?

Whoa!!! Rhythm House is the Ultimate Place in the whole of India for shopping for ANY (and I mean ANY) kind of music and movies.

If I'm not mistaken, it must have been the 1st store of its kind in Mumbai, and I know about it since my father (and before him, my grandfather) used to frequent Rhythm House for purchasing vinyl records.

It is MUCH MUCH better than Planet M, or any other music store. I remember, the Planet M at the Times of India building used to be almost 10 times the size of Rhythm House, but the collection that Rhythm House boasted was 10 times that of Planet M's. Once you shop at Rhythm House, you will never ever go to any other music store, that is a guarantee.

That being said, the only grudge I have against them, is the designing of their website. It does NOT show all the products that they carry. They only show Music/Movies, but I can attest to the fact that they carry quite a few accessories, players, and many more knick-knacks. The last time I visited them, they even had Playstation 3 and PS3 titles. All these are not reflected on the website. They can really make the website much better.

International Music of ALL genres is available here. And they now have a separate rack only for blu-rays. And many international DVDs and blu-rays are imported keeping in mind that only Region-Free DVDs and blu-rays will work on players purchased in India, and those which have been Region-Locked.

All in all, Rhythm House is an iconic music store. The BEST in India, if I may say so. The place may be small, but it has so much of variety, that anyone will find something or the other to his liking in the store.

Rhythm House easily beats Planet M, or any other music shop in Mumbai by a large margin. And they are very reliable, and care a lot for their customers.

And NO, I DON'T WORK FOR THEM. I'm just one of their thousands of highly satisfied customers. And I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Back