Old hindi movie soundtracks

Jenson, Aandhi Mausam is not the right press. You need the UK Press. Not the US. It needs to say PMLP. Not CDF. The other two are fine.
Is this a better one? Why some mention Made in England and other Made in U.K?

andhi.jpg

Got lucky with two more pmlp discs, both DP :)

Chori chori/anari CD cover has cdf 1.2**** but disc has pmlp

Jagjit singh CD, too looks interesting while made in India... Is AAD.. Packed in 99 but disc mentions 89?

Finally, do I hear a difference... This weekend is judgement day :)
This was a great learning curve, truly appreciate @prem for all the guidance

You have about 800 CDs of the PMLP series. Ones from 5001 to 5600 pretty much all sound good. Those from 5600-5800 can be a bit of a hit and miss. A few CDs in this series were manufactured in Korea or Switzerland. Those are also fine.

IIRC, I had around 600-650 CDs from this series. They were all enjoyable.

Got lucky with two more pmlp discs, both DP :)

Chori chori/anari CD cover has cdf 1.2**** but disc has pmlp

Jagjit singh CD, too looks interesting while made in India... Is AAD.. Packed in 99 but disc mentions 89?

Finally, do I hear a difference... This weekend is judgement day :)
This was a great learning curve, truly appreciate @prem for all the guidance
Hi Jenson - can we get an update ? How did it go ?

I am searching for a collection of old Hindi CD's ....any website you would reccomend ?

Hi Jenson - can we get an update ? How did it go ?

I am searching for a collection of old Hindi CD's ....any website you would reccomend ?
for older films, PMLP/PSLP series definitely has a more organic sound. it's the best one can get :)

on some CD's the cover may mention CDF **** but the disc would be PMLP/PSLP. these are typically CDF 1. **** series. some of these are made in US too.

wherever the recording process is mentioned as DP, looks like it is copied from an LP, and it miraculously captures the essence of LP. AAD too is super great to have.

As recommended by Prem, definitely ignore Made in USA disc. no matter how lucrative the deal...better take the same from saregama.

i also got some made in India cd's which are either copied in DP or AAD format and from 90's, these too are worthwhile.

btw, pretty expensive route..but I guess worth it. even raj Kapoor soundtracks from 50's retained their magic. really happy with the suggestions by Prem.

finally, these cd's are the best possible version one can get in the digital format i believe, however, the recording process is no comparison to how let' say jazz was recorded in 50's...can't imagine how these songs would have sounded in that setup :)

Source:
facebook groups, - there are many. you will have to deal with lot of dealers...some are real sweet to deal with, some are as you'd expect. if you have lot of moolah then there is this gentleman from delhi, has a massive collection.. but prices range between 2500-4000 for pmlp/pslp series.

this is indeed very helpful Jenson. I will check the link - but you didn’t mention the name of the chap from Delhi ? or is he also identifiable in the above link ?

this is indeed very helpful Jenson. I will check the link - but you didn’t mention the name of the chap from Delhi ? or is he also identifiable in the above link ?

Surinder Khurana - 9811038176

edited last name*

Last edited:
If both have the same PMLPxxxx, it’s fine. I don’t think I have seen same titles, saying Made in England and Made in UK.

Woow. How I missed this thread. My bad.

A few bollywood CDs Made in England, UK and US are really good in terms of sound output. However most of them are not enjoyable to me. Vinyl is the only route for bollywood oldies to me.

Coming back to CDs, PMLP series is low on gain but very crisp to hear. There is also a series of Made in UK 1997 release with RPG mark on the front cover, I find them superb regarding sound quality. Shall share a few PICS by tonight for further citation.

Souravin, the 1997 cds are ADD if I am not mistaken. They are very clearly no noised to a certain degree. Initially they sound impressive but when you go upto a higher level CD player, it starts showing up. The PMLP ones show great dynamics on a very good CD player and some of them even rival the vinyls. Low gain is a good thing. It shows no tampering. How much you are able to get out of that CD is purely a function of your system.

Jenson, Aandhi Mausam is not the right press. You need the UK Press. Not the US. It needs to say PMLP. Not CDF. The other two are fine.

Yes. This is the correct one. Made in UK are later presses. Early ones will say Made in England
Did Made In England ANd MAde In UK of Same albums sounds same or different
any observation from u sir

for older films, PMLP/PSLP series definitely has a more organic sound. it's the best one can get :)

on some CD's the cover may mention CDF **** but the disc would be PMLP/PSLP. these are typically CDF 1. **** series. some of these are made in US too.

wherever the recording process is mentioned as DP, looks like it is copied from an LP, and it miraculously captures the essence of LP. AAD too is super great to have.

As recommended by Prem, definitely ignore Made in USA disc. no matter how lucrative the deal...better take the same from saregama.

i also got some made in India cd's which are either copied in DP or AAD format and from 90's, these too are worthwhile.

btw, pretty expensive route..but I guess worth it. even raj Kapoor soundtracks from 50's retained their magic. really happy with the suggestions by Prem.

finally, these cd's are the best possible version one can get in the digital format i believe, however, the recording process is no comparison to how let' say jazz was recorded in 50's...can't imagine how these songs would have sounded in that setup :)

Source:
facebook groups, - there are many. you will have to deal with lot of dealers...some are real sweet to deal with, some are as you'd expect. if you have lot of moolah then there is this gentleman from delhi, has a massive collection.. but prices range between 2500-4000 for pmlp/pslp series.
Kindly post your experience dealing with Vinayak music.

Kindly post your experience dealing with Vinayak music.
Very professional. Pls note that these pmlp/pslp series are printed between 1989-1992 I believe (prem has mentioned elsewhere) so, expect grading to be between vg to mint.

They ship twice a week, so some patience required.

Last edited:
Can safely recommend mohd danish from meerut. Bought over 12 CDs from him. Very happy with his demeanor and overall exp. Rates are not as jacked as some others.

However, made in England CDs are limited now.. But do check.

He can be reached at 87556 96111

Pls note, sometime CD cover carry cdf 1.2*** or some 12*** series, but the audio CD would be pmlp/pslp in this case.

Safely ignore made in USA. It is indeed crap. And as far as possible get AAD.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back