Right now I am listening to ...

@akstorm - Looking at your signature.

Mind sharing the details on the custom PC build. Is it purpose built for audio?

@akstorm - Looking at your signature.

Mind sharing the details on the custom PC build. Is it purpose built for audio?
Not really purpose built for audio. Its primarily built for gaming but serves as my bedroom music source and the house plex/dlna server.

Here are the specs:
Intel core i-5 7600k (unlocked CPU running at 18% overclock)
Asus ROG strix Z270 motherboard (decent? quality components, although there is still some electrical interference)
16gb DDR 4 2400mhz
Cooler Master hyper 212x air cooler.
Samsung 750 evo SSD and 1tb Seagate barracuda HDD
Msi geforce Gtx 1070 (overclocked to about 20%)
Cooler master gx650 power supply
All this is assembled in a cooler mast Master box 5.

As for the audio part... I have usb running to an smsl AD18 which is powering the concept 20s. And optical is connected to an smsl sd 793-II which powers one or the other headphones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

519DHAIAwPL._SS500.jpg

Going to be one hard rocking day.

I need a proper intro to this band. What would be a good album to start with?

All in one, A Cabinet of Curiosities, it's a box set.

But they made only 4 albums till date (so get them all - ha ha). The album Ritual de lo Habitual is a masterpiece, pretty much a must listen for any rock fan. I'd rate it amongst one of the top albums of the 90s (in the rock and alternative genre). My other picks would be Nirvana's Nevermind, Tom Petty's Wildflowers, Pearl Jam's Ten, U2's Achtung Baby, Radiohead's OK Computer, and Metallica's The Black Album... so you know it's in very good company.

any neoretro/vaporwave/chillwave enthusiast here?

I'm into EDM and house, though the mainstream bands like Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Daft Punk, Chainsmokers, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Thievery Corporation, etc.

Not much into the micro/sub genres though.

Light-of-Day-Day-of-Darkness-B000I5YR42-L.jpg

Another One hour long beauty. If you have the patience of listning to it one go that would be prefered.

@TCHeN - Knowing your tastes somewhat I would suggest you take a listen to this one if possible.

Light-of-Day-Day-of-Darkness-B000I5YR42-L.jpg

Another One hour long beauty. If you have the patience of listning to it one go that would be prefered.

@TCHeN - Knowing your tastes somewhat I would suggest you take a listen to this one if possible.

Going to have a listen on Spotify.

Thanks!

Not me. Never heard of these genres.

I'm into EDM and house, though the mainstream bands like Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Daft Punk, Chainsmokers, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Thievery Corporation, etc.

Not much into the micro/sub genres though.

i also listen to works of such bands/groups (in addition to many other genres), like pet shop boys, kraftwerk, depeche mode, daft punk, the chaingang of 1974, tangerine dreams, patchwork, avicii, deadmaus, and many, many more.......but with time, i developed a deep liking for vocal-less music, particularly the genres i mentioned earlier. name explains - neo-retro/synthwave. reproduction of 80s like sound/music. VVERRY nostalgia-inducing, soothing/stimulating. its picking up in the movie-industry too esp. for/as background score. samples of those could be heard in the BGM of movies like 'it follows', 'the guest', 'ghost in the shell', and TV series like 'stranger things', etc.

if you're an 80s kid, and many times feel nostalgic about those times, then you'd resonate with me/neoretro synthwave am sure! that's how people get hooked to it/the soundtracks.

it's very tough to share only a few among so many beautiful tracks (and mostly all are developed by india artists), but let me attempt.....some assorted ones:

- dynatron (something i personally call 'space age/futuristic retro'):
dust of saturn (deep, serious)
pulse power (exciting)
visions (mystic)
unquestionable judgement (splendid guitar riffs; 'cliffhanger' themed)
throttle up (Su T-50 demo themed)

- home:
resonance (classic track from home! till date havent seen anyone complaining about it. universally liked...mix of space-age, mystic vibes)
diffraction spikes, dive reflex (feel-good vibes), head first (stimulating!), dream head

- emil rottmayer (mostly soothing tracks):
s.o.l.o., descend, time (1 & 2), evade, w.a.v.e.

- hello meteor (mostly soothing, nighttime vibes):
virga, breeze bay

- memorex memories - its very sunny; ?? - Sun

the above fall under 'electronics' category too......even more close to 80s sound, with apt videos to go alongwith:

- MPM - explorers

- mitch murder:
remember when, galaxy train 1989 (tron themed), montage (rocky themed), interstellar cruise, ravaged skies (top gun themed), telefuture theme

- perturbator - vengeance ('the guest' ost)

- miami1984 - accelerated (cool animated vid; nighttime viewing/listening recommended)

- espen kraft - golden boy (leaves you so calm and 'liquid' by the end!)

there are many MOAR! enjoy these though for now. hope you like them. :)

P.S. - all the above can be found on youtube (& most on bandcamp, i think). some artists have funny pseudonyms - kung fury, com truise, etc. etc. :lol:

Last edited:
Another brilliant album for everyone. Consists of two parts. Same songs twice - one orchestral and the other rock/metal. But not too heavy.

@TCHeN and @rraghuram - just listen I am sure you will like it. Or maybe not [emoji1]. But would be worth your time.

aa07e4ce32c7fb2cf578fe631475bdf6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back