Right now I am listening to ...

500x500.jpg

ED16B5AF-5AF6-43B9-973A-93E15B72FB2D.jpeg
A beautiful album. Gulzar’s lyrics with simple compositions but sung soulfully by Shreya, Hariharan and others. The recording quality is pretty good too.

Someone here mentioned Allan Taylor’s Colours to the Moon. I am eternally grateful to you for introducing me to this beautiful voice ! Am so hooked on to his albums now

Absolutely love all his albums!

View attachment 41256
A beautiful album. Gulzar’s lyrics with simple compositions but sung soulfully by Shreya, Hariharan and others. The recording quality is pretty good too.

Absolutely love all his albums!
Hi
Sachinbhai
Glad to know that you like some other members of our lovely forum love to listen to songs related to Tagore. But which version have you mentioned here? Is it a CD or vinyl or streaming services like gaana or Spotify? Please let me know . Also where from have you sourced it( if it is a CD or a vinyl record)
Happy listening and regards
BHASKAR

Hi
Sachinbhai
Glad to know that you like some other members of our lovely forum love to listen to songs related to Tagore. But which version have you mentioned here? Is it a CD or vinyl or streaming services like gaana or Spotify? Please let me know . Also where from have you sourced it( if it is a CD or a vinyl record)
Happy listening and regards
BHASKAR

Bhaskar, I have the CD... it’s by Mukta Arts, the producer of the movie. I bought it from an old CD shop in Mumbai with many other CDs. I don’t know if it’s available new anywhere.

Shyamasangeet or songs invoking the mother Goddess. The devotee poets Ramprosad Sen, Kamala kanta Bhattacharya, and KAZI Nazrul Islum composed those songs and singers Pannalal Bhattacharya, Dhananjay Bhattacharya, Mrinalkanti Ghosh sang those melodious songs. A glorious part of our legacy.
This is even available on tidal. Never expected it

How is the current hindi song collection on Tidal? Want to give it a try sometime...looks like we need to use it via vpn. Though I listen to English songs as well, the preference is for hindi (sort of 80% hindi 20% English). Have heard about Tidal having great audio streaming quality but will prefer to sign up for Tidal when their hindi collection gets larger.

How is the current hindi song collection on Tidal? Want to give it a try sometime...looks like we need to use it via vpn. Though I listen to English songs as well, the preference is for hindi (sort of 80% hindi 20% English). Have heard about Tidal having great audio streaming quality but will prefer to sign up for Tidal when their hindi collection gets larger.
You’re right. Their (Tidal) hindi genre is non existent at the moment. Maybe that’s why they are not in India yet, like Spotify is now.
So, I have Tidal for western while Spotify is mostly for India music. Having said that, Spotify does have good western collection from all genre.

E2020EB5-8DAB-4A38-A274-21A039316026.jpeg

This is an absolutely senseless song and one of the worst from Sadma film from a lyrics point of view. However just listen to the music - it’s something else. Not too many Hindi songs of this vintage will test your system’s bass capabilities like this one. Different kinds of drums played in very taut fashion, with small but rapid beats, plenty of percussion - check how well your system can play it. it’s a mishmash of sounds that somehow comes together beautifully. That’s the sheer genius of Ilayaraja at play.

You need to only register via VPN. You don’t need VPN to listen to it.

You’re right. Their (Tidal) hindi genre is non existent at the moment. Maybe that’s why they are not in India yet, like Spotify is now.
So, I have Tidal for western while Spotify is mostly for India music. Having said that, Spotify does have good western collection from all genre.

Tidal lags Spotify and Apple Music when it comes to new Hindi film music - by which I mean albums that have come out recently in the last year or so. However you’d be surprised (I was) to see the rich collection they have of the classics across eras (right from 50s to 2010s) and genres (Hindi film, pop, ghazals, bhajans, Indian classics, Indofusion etc). Their collection in fact goes pretty deep into these genres. I feel Tidal, when it comes to Indian music is targeting afficionados. It’s possible they’d build their contemporary (new launches) collection when they go for an India launch. With bandwidth rates falling, let’s hope that happens soon.

Posting a random screenshot of a small part the Tidal collection of Hindi film music from 70s so you get an idea.

2E4006EA-E733-48C2-95F1-6DAEDBAE4432.jpeg
Another random statistic that can help you appreciate this: Tidal has 43 film albums by Usha Khanna - a capable, but not so famous music composer from the seventies and eighties. And almost 130 albums by the famous composer duo Shankar Jaikishan. And then if you search for Anand Shankar or Asha Puthli, you’d be positively surprised!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to only register via VPN. You don’t need VPN to listen to it.

Tidal lags Spotify and Apple Music when it comes to new Hindi film music - by which I mean albums that have come out recently in the last year or so. However you’d be surprised (I was) to see the rich collection they have of the classics across eras (right from 50s to 2010s) and genres (Hindi film, pop, ghazals, bhajans, Indian classics, Indofusion etc). Their collection in fact goes pretty deep into these genres. I feel Tidal, when it comes to Indian music is targeting afficionados. It’s possible they’d build their contemporary (new launches) collection when they go for an India launch. With bandwidth rates falling, let’s hope that happens soon.

Posting a random screenshot of a small part the Tidal collection of Hindi film music from 70s so you get an idea.

View attachment 41302
Another random statistic that can help you appreciate this: Tidal has 43 film albums by Usha Khanna - a capable, but not so famous music composer from the seventies and eighties. And almost 130 albums by the famous composer duo Shankar Jaikishan. And then if you search for Anand Shankar or Asha Puthli, you’d be positively surprised!
Here, I would seek your and others' permission to use this typical hindi word, rather Delhi word - "Bhains ki aankh" !!!!!
Why didn't I explore these on Tidal ?!!! Thanks for sharing Sachin, like always.

Am into Tidal now :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back