RIP - rajesh Khanna

M

mpw

sitting at Rajkot airport, the famous sandwichwallah here has had very very less sale today.. everyones glued to the TV to see RK. The elderly CISF guard with the grim looking machine gun shed a small tear..

RIP Rajesh Khanna. I am sad today too. Maybe what i see at Rajkot airport today and the silence here is testimony to how people liked your films and the many many hit songs.

Goodbye and good luck..

:-((

mpw

Indeed a very sad day . His style ,mannerism... cant forget them in a hurry and there wont be another romantic hero like him. My school days and Rajesh Khanna were synonymous . RIP ...you will be dearly missed by your legion of fans

As a doctor, I can tell you that a doctor cannot disclose the diagnosis to anyone except the spouse unless the patient gives a permission to do so. If done without consent from a patient, it is considered as crime of invasion into privacy of a person.

He had a superb style. I would say, the best hero of yesteryears.Kya style tha! I still enjoy the way he used to deliver dialogues with those typical facial expressions.

Despite I was not born in his era; I loved and watched most of his movies since I started watching Doordarshan in early Nineties.
I can still remember how my Mother and GrandMa used to admire him. My mom even told that she bunked school with her friends to watch Rajesh Khanna's movies :)
My Grandma is so fond of his movie "Haathi Mere Saathi" and I have watched this movie multiple times with Grandma.
Hats Off to Kaka !!

One of the most handsome actor and such a lovely smile. "Mere Sapno Ki Rani Kab Aaegi Tu" rings in my head at this moment. RIP Rajesh Khanna

1st Dara Sing & now Rajesh Khanna with record of 15 successive solo hits which is unbeaten yet.My deep sorrows.

Sorry to sing a different story, but I never really liked Rajesh Khanna, though I have seen nearly all his movies. I recently saw many of his movie again, now that I have more patience and can sit through some real shitty movies. But for me, the excitement in seeing a new movie of Dev Anand, Saif Ali Khan, and others is not there when I think of a Rakesh Khanna movie. I think he was a lucky guy who was at the right place at the right time. He had some superb producers, directors, music director, lovely co-stars and, of course, Kishore.

Rajesh was only trying to ape either Dilip Kumar or Dev Anand. He did add his own mannerisms, but they were very feeble. His body language and dialogue styles was repeated in every movie. Even in Aradhana, the difference between his walking into the house as an young officer, and his style as a dejected man was hardly any different. In a way, he was like Shammi Kapoor who repeated a successful theme and mannerism again and again till people got tired. Again, like Shammi was backed by beautiful songs sung by Rafi, Rajesh has superb songs sung by Kishore. Shammi was always a rich spoilt kid with a devil-may-care attitude. Rajesh was always a person who was deeply in love with a beautiful woman and one who was wronged by society or lost his love and wallowed in a lot of self pity. Like 'mast bahaaron ka my aashiq my jo chaahe yaar karron' and 'yahoo' was made for Shammi, 'yeh kya hua, kaise hua' suited Rajesh a lot.

In Anand, he was clearly over shadowed by Amitabh, and he himself accepted that his days were over once Amitabh entered the scene. People such as Vinodh Khanna and Rishi Kapoor were far better actors than Rajesh Khanna. But then you cannot deny the grip Rajesh had over the people. Being a good actor had nothing to do with that.

Cheers

Last edited:
Karaoke session planned on Friday within my friend circle to pay tribute.

I tend to agree with venkatcr's post. More than acting, its the songs which made him what he is today... But anyway, its indeed a great loss to the film industry and his family. RIP Rajesh Khanna...

Regards,

Amit

RIP.
An interesting perspective. Venkat, did you write it?
Bland Spice: Rajesh Khanna - The man that never was

Strange, no? If you leave aside the profanity and aggression directed at RK, it could have been written by me!! I have nothing against RK as such, except people claiming he was a good actor. That he certainly never was. He was handsome, charming, and extremely lucky.

Now that you remind me, I think Jeetu, Hema Malini, and actors like that were superb knowing when their time is up and moving away gracefully. Not that we can say the same for AB!!

Hema did come back for Baghwan with AB. If a role is good, and suited to his age (not like Sooryavansham) he can still put life in it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back