Roku Ultra vs Nvidia Shield Pro vs Apple TV 4k - Which one to choose?

But I'm not sure whether it's gone through customs clearance which can throw up problems and potentially be a time consuming process. Let's wait and see.
Got a message that customs has been cleared and item will be delivered by Wednesday. What a relief.

27 Dec 202108:36 PMAPO - Bangalore Airport Terminal, IndiaShipment is on its way to final destination sorting facility and will be updated once ready for collection/delivery

Got a message that customs has been cleared and item will be delivered by Wednesday. What a relief.

27 Dec 202108:36 PMAPO - Bangalore Airport Terminal, IndiaShipment is on its way to final destination sorting facility and will be updated once ready for collection/delivery
With Amazon, there is no need to worry. If something goes wrong they will refund the amount or replace the item.

Mine will arrive by Thursday
Dear customer your shipment from Amazon under AWB# xxxxxxxxxxx is cleared from customs - Expected delivery by Thursday 30 December 2021.

Come to Daddy! Just delivered, sealed and double boxed. It's just a matter of time that everyone else will get theirs. I have ordered things like TV wall mounts etc. without hassles but this was the first time I ordered a slightly expensive electronics item and was worried about customs holding it up but it looks like I needn't have.

IMG_5721.jpg

Come to Daddy! Just delivered, sealed and double boxed. It's just a matter of time that everyone else will get theirs. I have ordered things like TV wall mounts etc. without hassles but this was the first time I ordered a slightly expensive electronics item and was worried about customs holding it up but it looks like I needn't have.

View attachment 65686
Congrats! The customs duties and logistics is added to your cart on check out. Basically you won't be paying more than what is mentioned.
Amazon service is stellar atleast in my experience.

Got mine today in Gurgaon through Aramex's delivery partner - Delhivery.

Initial impression, I am happy with Shield Pro. Wondering why didn't I have this earlier.

- Have installed Plex server, mounted the NAS server(I have a 10TB NAS running on nas4free)
- Gigabit connection.. wow. I have a gigabit network at home.. so this is really good
- Plex player is very nice, I feel its way better than Kodi. All libraries are set, including Music, Photos, Movies etc
- With passthrough, entire set-up has now brighten up. X2700H is in its true colors
- CEC is working excellent. Just one remote to control all - TV (Power), AVR(Power, volume) and Shield Pro
- AI upscaling is amazing.. especially for News OTT that is inherently pathetic.. So full potential of my 4K TV is being realized now
- Tidal is setup, now I can create my own libraries on Plex

Way forward:
- Games. Geforcenow account has been created. I guess, now I have to install a VPN to run it. Any other option besides VPN? DNS?
- What to do with Amazon 4K firestick? Junk it or any other use?
- Any other app that I must have on Shield Pro?
- Any thing else to optimize and realize full potential of Shield Pro, 75" 4K TV, Denon X2700H, NAS, Canon CS100?

Saw this on amazon (India ) site..

Costs 27K with next day delivery. Is this the same product mentioned in this thread ?
I am also in the market for the best media/streaming device.. and AppleTV 4K is the other choice..
Getting directly from Amazon US may still work out slightly cheaper though it may take longer. You can add to the cart and see how much it comes to with logistics and duty before paying and then you can decline payment if you don't want to go ahead.

View attachment 65686
How much did you save by buying in black Friday deal?

Just got this message:

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of INR474.01 for your Order 114-xxxx-yyyy.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro 4K HDR Streaming Media Player; High Performance, Dolby Vision, 3GB RAM, 2x USB, Works with Alexa
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B07YP9FBMM
Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: INR474.01

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

MasterCard Credit Card: INR474.01

We've processed a refund for the above order in the amount of INR474.01. In most cases, once a refund has been submitted, the issuing bank will post it to your account within 3-5 business days when issued to a credit card. Refunds issued to a bank account or pin-less debit typically take 10 business days to reflect on the account balance. This time frame may vary from one financial institution to another.

Have questions about our refund policy?
Visit our Help section for more information:

So, final landed cost is now 21.7K :cool:

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back