RPi + HAT or....

Kya karoom...

It's all analog devices. DAC also has two tails - USB IN and RCA..

Had tried Mi Box. It worked very well to cast NAS with DS Audio or YT Music. Later it started stalling..
Get power dvd on ur PC if possible then u can install powerdvd remote app from play store. It's free.

Turns out vlc has a remote app too. Many players have a remote app on Play Store these days. U can try whatever works. Powerdvd is good though.

Last edited:
Try this: Enable DLNA on windows PC

Once above setup is complete u can use any dlna player like bubble upnp/hificast/Spotify app/Amazon etc It will show ur PC name/ dlna as a receiver.

------------------------------------------------------------------
For Airplay on PC 👇

Last edited:
So you aren't happy with your pi2aes? Let me know if it ever goes 'For sale' 🤪
I have issues with OS not hardware waitimg for rpi with highest memory to load windows,by the way usbridge will come for sale with shanti

I have issues with OS not hardware waitimg for rpi with highest memory to load windows,by the way usbridge will come for sale with shanti
Do you find streaming quality also tb be bad on RPI? Why I'm asking is because you are using NTFS for your local music. NTFS driver on linux is extremely poor, worse than even a 10 mbps network card. Try playing the same music by copying it to your RPI OS card. Or format a usb stick with exFAT or ext4, copy songs to it and try that. exFAT gives the best performance, followed by zfs. See the section "3. Accessing Data" below

Let me chime in. Both suggestions involve going back to the mac mini, connected to your dac. You could
1. Install Logitech media server and a squeeze client on the mac. You get excellent audio fidelity, a browser based UI or a phone app to control your music. Check out the material skin for LMS.
2. Use vnc like mbhangui suggested.

Let me chime in. Both suggestions involve going back to the mac mini, connected to your dac. You could
1. Install Logitech media server and a squeeze client on the mac. You get excellent audio fidelity, a browser based UI or a phone app to control your music. Check out the material skin for LMS.
LMS has one advantage which no other solution has. That is it allows you to play your local music on your google chromecast, google chromecast audio, google home mini. If I'm not mistaken, it can do airplay too (correct me if i'm wrong about this).

LMS has one advantage which no other solution has. That is it allows you to play your local music on your google chromecast, google chromecast audio, google home mini. If I'm not mistaken, it can do airplay too (correct me if i'm wrong about this).
Yes, it can with shairport-sync.
It is also a multi-room solution, if that's ever needed.
Works fantastically well - been my platform for years.

The squeezebox client also allows endless fiddling at zero cost and no cutting of cables to specific lengths 😉

So I will take out the Mac and give it a shot 😃

Highly recommend Jriver with Gizmo app for remote control.
Excellent sound and very stable performance with Gizmo remote app
Trial version available for a month.

I have already tried the following before settling on J river
Foobar, (good sound but remote app sucks)
Rpi with volumio,( I was using RPI's USB out to DAC, sound was not great, Also Volumio app was not stable)
Squeee box with SOTM (worst interface ever. sold the SOTM)

Unless you want to free up the laptop, dont bother with a Rpi .Just my opinion.

You would also be able to install LMS on Synology NAS.
Use Raspberry PI as squeezebox client.

I have similar setup.
  • Custom made Desktop used as NAS and LMS server.
  • Raspberry PI Zero 2w with piCorePlayer as squeezebox client.
  • To go extra mile, I have powered Raspberry PI Zero 2w with Allo Nirvana SMPS.

It's all Greek and Latin for me..need to learn..
Can it be explained how do I implement it?

here is to a DIY nirvana for a streamer build... its as good as it gets... (IMHO)

check out his channel, its pretty good.

if you are otherwise happy about your setup and just after a "remote" volume control, here is what I did. an external volume control with motorised Alps POT.
works pretty good, and you can try it in different positions (before preamp or after preamp) to find your ideal sound.

Attachments

• 20220116_191037 -1.jpg
    20220116_191037 -1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220116_191055 -1.jpg
    20220116_191055 -1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have already tried the following before settling on J river
Foobar, (good sound but remote app sucks)
Rpi with volumio,( I was using RPI's USB out to DAC, sound was not great, Also Volumio app was not stable)
Squeee box with SOTM (worst interface ever. sold the SOTM)
I mirror this observation, have tried multiple options ; Rpi 4 has a good usb audio implementation, that alone should suffice for your usb dac.
Volumio and Foobar was quite buggy when using with Mobile Remote.
My Suggestion for op @Subbu68
For Windows
1. JRiver is the best & most economical option.
2. Audirvana is better on Mac than windows

Alternatively, if you want better library management, Elegant interface Experience and multiroom solution with impeccable Tidal /Qobuz + Local Files integration Roon Subscription is the best option out there.

Do you find streaming quality also tb be bad on RPI? Why I'm asking is because you are using NTFS for your local music. NTFS driver on linux is extremely poor, worse than even a 10 mbps network card. Try playing the same music by copying it to your RPI OS card. Or format a usb stick with exFAT or ext4, copy songs to it and try that. exFAT gives the best performance, followed by zfs. See the section "3. Accessing Data" below

Let me try that.. Any utils to convert file system keep the data ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back