Russian 6C33CB SET Amp

Rajesh_p

Hi,

I'm exploring the world of tubes and needed to know if anyone has heard of 6C33CB SET Amp.

Please share your experiences....
  1. What are the sound characteristics in comparision of C33Cb Vs pushpull Vs SET 2A3?
  2. Which speaker would make good sense as ideal paring?
  3. My music listening is death metal and my room size is 200sqft.

I thank you all in anticipation in sharing your valuable time in replying to my query.

Try searching with nadal as a keyword in this forum you will get a very interesting result.
Thanks.

Couldn't answer my question...

Is Marantz SS PM7002 25wpc = Tube Set 6C33CB 15wpc?

I just checked the Marantz 7200 website ...

25W/ch by Class A Operation
95W/ch by Class AB Operation

Should I go for PM7002 to drive the DYna52's or should I go for SET tube Russian ?

Thank you

Try searching with nadal as a keyword in this forum you will get a very interesting result.
Thanks.

That was a fun discussion, mahiruha :).

Rajesh_p - I dont know how these tube amps work with Dynaudio speakers. But I would imagine the 15 W SET amp would be able to drive those to satisfaction given how the 3 Watt SET amp drives my EPOS speakers. The only thing to do is to have a listen first hand.

For death metal, try this for a loudspeaker :

Cerwin-Vega - The LOUD Speaker Company

Now get yourself a Nad or Rotel pre/power or even a beefy 100 watt Denon Integrated amp.

XLS-215 features two cast frame high excursion 15-inch woofers and delivers earth-shaking bass down to 36 Hz. With guaranteed eviction notice performance,

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo::yahoo::lol::D

A powerful, well made tube amp can do death metal. The problem is the cost involved.

If you are a death metal fan and want to use dynaudios, you need to spend a lot of of money on the amp. A low power tube amp can make the speaker sing but if you want true head-banging levels, look at investing in some 200watt per channel power amp. Forget amps like the PM 7002.

Last edited:
A powerful, well made tube amp can do death metal. The problem is the cost involved.

If you are a death metal fan and want to use dynaudios, you need to spend a lot of of money on the amp. A low power tube amp can make the speaker sing but if you want true head-banging levels, look at investing in some 200watt per channel power amp. Forget amps like the PM 7002.

How about Jadis JA 200
Jadis - Tube Amplifier 'JA200'

Monoblock ,160 W RMS <Class A!

Price US$ 30000 ( Dunno for single or Pair!)

if the amps in consideration of OP are from Lyrita, you may also look at speakers from Lyrita that will complete the system (single driver harmony, or 12" woofers amity). I tried the russian amps with my JBLs and I found it quite decent. I have posted about it in some old thread. But your speakers, your room, and more important your ears would be considerably different than mine.

regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back